Ladies FS - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2014 Russian Championships

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm actually amazed that the skaters that deserved to win won. With Julia's PCS love at COR, B/L's international success and Plushenko's love in general I was expecting the judges to just hand them their victories. Congrats to Kovtun, S/K and Sotnikova! :clap:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

Exactly....(edited) Julia is just so consistent with that little body. This is how Liza use to be before puberty.

different body type, different mentality and different pace of growth so no
what Julia has done now isn't comparable to Tuks

Tuks debut senior score equalled that of Anna Pogorilaya

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
different body type, different mentality and different pace of growth so no
what Julia has done now isn't comparable to Tuks

Another difference: Tukt earned both of her GP victories in her breakout season...whereas Julia only legitimately won SC before being propped up for the COR gold.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

Another difference: Tukt earned both of her GP victories in her breakout season...whereas Julia only legitimately won SC before being propped up for the COR gold.

Julia earned a GPF medal and has finished no lower than 5th even at nationals
your envy for Julia's success is laughable

Gigi13

On the Ice
Congrats to Adelina :clap::yay::love: love that girl she is an amazing all around skater and she deserved that win! Julia was also great and has nothing to be disappointed with, she still a favorite to win bronze at the Olympics :), Elena I love you :love: good job today!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
how did this skate got less than a point higher than Sotnikova's FS and not able to win overall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjgrE5Rj2c4

Because Sotnikova is a better skater. Julia's speed and artistry is inferior to Sotnikova. And Sotnikova landed pretty much all her jumps (save for the UR 3L). Sotnikova had more attack and fire to her skating. They were essentially tied in both segments, made similar errors and the nod went to Sotnikova for having better artistry.

lavender

Record Breaker
Congrats to Adelina :clap::yay::love: love that girl she is an amazing all around skater and she deserved that win! Julia was also great and has nothing to be disappointed with, she still a favorite to win bronze at the Olympics :), Elena I love you :love: good job today!

I really like her too because she has such a good attitude win or lose.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Julia earned a GPF medal and has finished no lower than 5th even at nationals
your envy for Julia's success is laughable

I don't envy her success, certainly not as laughable as you envying Chan's success. :laugh:

And definitely not as laughable as the undoubtedly stank, sour grimace on your face when Sotnikova won. Oh what I'd give to have seen it. :rofl:

elif

Medalist

Thank you for this important detail.:laugh: Actually this is why I did think Lipnitskaia can be a great champion. I can't remember even one champion who fans are always thpught every win of them are really deserving. I think Julia now has everything.:laugh:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I am thrilled for Adelina!!! Congrats to her on her 4th National Title.

Congrats to all the podium finishers! Sounds like it was a great competition.

Looking forward to watching the videos!

mskater93

Record Breaker
how did this skate got less than a point higher than Sotnikova's FS and not able to win overall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjgrE5Rj2c4

Because Sotnikova had only one mistake on the +3Lo and the rest of the program was lights out AND she put two of her combinations in the second half instead of back to back at the beginning of the program to boost her base value and erase the points lost on the mistake on the 3Lo. Sotnikova doesn't repeat the 3T as one of her two triple repeats, but rather two harder jumps which also boosts her BV. Sotnikova's jumps are bigger, more effortless, with better flow out which should have given her an edge in GOE (other than the first jump pass with the < and step out) and spins are nearly equivalent in quality. Also, Sotnikova's PCS is higher than Lipnitskaia for the reasons I mentioned (and also she doesn't rush through everything, which Lipnitskaia does in sections of her program which make those sections appear unfinished). So, I can see how the differential was less than a point with a mistake and with the nod going to Sotnikova on the strength and differential from the SP.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Because Sotnikova is a better skater. Julia's speed and artistry is inferior to Sotnikova. And Sotnikova landed pretty much all her jumps (save for the UR 3L). Sotnikova had more attack and fire to her skating. They were essentially tied in both segments, made similar errors and the nod went to Sotnikova for having better artistry.

I absolutely agree with this. Adelina is more polished than Julia and that is her senior experience coming through. She has grown as an artist since her debut. Julia will do the same as she builds her experience. Congrats to both skaters!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Because Sotnikova is a better skater. Julia's speed and artistry is inferior to Sotnikova.

excuse me ??

Julia wins in TR, PE, CHR, IN especially her Shindler's List FS
fine Sotnikova has a slight edge in SS and speed but the overall PCS marks Julia should win the PCS against otnikova

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Because Sotnikova had only one mistake on the +3Lo and the rest of the program was lights out AND she put two of her combinations in the second half instead of back to back at the beginning of the program to boost her base value and erase the points lost on the mistake on the 3Lo. Sotnikova doesn't repeat the 3T as one of her two triple repeats, but rather two harder jumps which also boosts her BV. Sotnikova's jumps are bigger, more effortless, with better flow out which should have given her an edge in GOE (other than the first jump pass with the < and step out) and spins are nearly equivalent in quality. Also, Sotnikova's PCS is higher than Lipnitskaia for the reasons I mentioned (and also she doesn't rush through everything, which Lipnitskaia does in sections of her program which make those sections appear unfinished). So, I can see how the differential was less than a point with a mistake and with the nod going to Sotnikova on the strength and differential from the SP.

Julia has the higher BV and TES she scored a 70.02
Sotnikova got a 66.86 which is the 4th highest

bluelutz

On the Ice
Wow, besides 3 missed jumps, Tukt's program is so empty, same as Plushenko's. Until her step sequence, she did nothing but crossovers and jumps. What a waste! She can be so much more capable artistically. Time to leave her coach!

shine

Record Breaker
I absolutely agree with this. Adelina is more polished than Julia and that is her senior experience coming through. She has grown as an artist since her debut. Julia will do the same as she builds her experience. Congrats to both skaters!

I don't think Adelina is more polished than Julia. Her lines are actually not as good as Julia. But she IS less mechanical.