Ladies FS - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2014 Russian Championships

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I don't think Adelina is more polished than Julia. Her lines are actually not as good as Julia. But she IS less mechanical.

Julia does have nice line but she doesn't finish all of her movements, I think she will develop in that area with more experience. To me that effects the polish of her programs.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I don't think Adelina is more polished than Julia. Her lines are actually not as good as Julia. But she IS less mechanical.

I agree that Julia has better lines, but that to me isn't "polished". To me she still comes across as child-like even though she uses programs to portray herself as more mature.

shine

Record Breaker
I agree that Julia has better lines, but that to me isn't "polished". To me she still comes across as child-like even though she uses programs to portray herself as more mature.

I see Julia as more polished because she has nice extension, posture and lines, and executes her elements very well. But I find her juniorish and alomst hard to watch because most of her moves have no relation to the music and she moves the same way and at the same pace throughout the performance no matter what.

But I don't think Adelina is as polished as many claim either. She skates with an awkwardness and sometimes her lines are not optimal. In terms of polished-ness, I actually find Alexandra Proklova to be the most advanced Russian lady.

lavender

Record Breaker
I absolutely agree with this. Adelina is more polished than Julia and that is her senior experience coming through. She has grown as an artist since her debut. Julia will do the same as she builds her experience. Congrats to both skaters!

I agree. It's nice when you can see the true qualities from all the skaters even if one of them isn't a favorite.

I need to watch Alexandra Proklova. There are so many good Russian skaters that it's hard for me to keep up if they don't show up in a gp series.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Julia was, as expected, on fire.
Adelina is inconsistent but I don't think anyone can call her a headcase anymore. She had the best competition overall (Sp+Lp) in her senior career right when it mattered the most: when she needed to qualify for Sochi. This is a very big deal and she held it together, I am so happy for her. To me, there is a big difference between Adelina and Julia, the first one is more refined, with better SS, musicality and interpretation, not to mention that when she hits her jumps, they are absolutely huge!
Now I am curious who's going to Euros.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
excuse me ??

Julia wins in TR, PE, CHR, IN especially her Shindler's List FS
fine Sotnikova has a slight edge in SS and speed but the overall PCS marks Julia should win the PCS against otnikova

Hah, maybe for you Julia wins in those components, but everyone here (and the judges) disagree. Although you also think Hanyu deserves better PCS than Chan and Gold is the #1 US skater, so we all know who the real "headcase" is. :rolleye:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I agree. It's nice when you can see the true qualities from all the skaters even if one of them isn't a favorite.

I need to watch Alexandra Proklova. There are so many good Russian skaters that it's hard for me to keep up if they don't show up in a gp series.

Proklova was good! Great jumps and spins. Of course some of her movements were a bit, um, questionable for her age and she needs more speed, but so great to see such a young talent. Got applause from Tarasova and V/T. :biggrin:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I agree. It's nice when you can see the true qualities from all the skaters even if one of them isn't a favorite. I need to watch Alexandra Proklova. There are so many good Russian skaters that it's hard for me to keep up if they don't show up in a gp series.

Proklova's spins are beautiful! I enjoyed her performance!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Proklova was good! Great jumps and spins. Of course some of her movements were a bit, um, questionable for her age and she needs more speed, but so great to see such a young talent. Got applause from Tarasova and V/T. :biggrin:

Proklova's speed is very good even better than Sotnikova

shine

Record Breaker
Proklova is simply sensational.

What exactly are you talking about?? And tell me again how you can accurately judge speed by watching this kind of videos?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Proklova does appear to have better speed than Lip/Sot for her size, but she takes more crosscuts and does not have as deep edges.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
What exactly are you talking about?? And tell me again how you can accurately judge speed by watching this kind of videos?

You can sort of determine speed by time it takes for a skater to go from end to end. Although many people say that a skater on video isn't a testament of how fast they are live.

As for questionable movements, I kinda found her trying to be older/provocative. It was a bit weird but that's just how I saw it.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Proklova is simply sensational.

he was probably waswatching the wrong skater
Evgenia Medvedeva maybe who he thinks is Proklova

Medvedeva has weak skating skills and poor speed on the ice

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You can sort of determine speed by time it takes for a skater to go from end to end. Although many people say that a skater on video isn't a testament of how fast they are live.

As for questionable movements, I kinda found her trying to be older/provocative. It was a bit weird but that's just how I saw it.

maybe you were watching Evgenia Medvedeva : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqSBOMqq-qQ
she is not Proklova !

this is Proklova, is that slow to you ? :unsure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h61snzgk2E

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I'm really happy for Alena. So good to see her fighting back after her troubles. I've had my hopes, but not seen much information about her this season. She wasn't happy with her free skate though, so she must think she can do better :) Her 3-3 is gorgeous: both jumps high and long. I wonder how many meters they cover. Other skaters do harder combinations but often with the second jump smaller and "on the same spot", which doesn't look good to me even if they are ratified. I also like that she has the courage to show off and to something different to what women's figure skating often are.

Also super impressed by Adelina. Three wins before and now number one in her country as a woman. Love her skating and love that she never gives up.

Congrats also to consistent Julia. Her free skate is lovely, her spins are outstanding. I hope she keeps on as she grows older, fighting if harder times come.

Actually these three is my dream team for Euros. Hope they will all be selected.

Kudos also to Elena, the fire cracker. Makes me happy watching her. How exciting for her to be on the podium together with her older training mate. Adelina must be a big inspiration to her.

Haven't watched the others yet, except for Proklova, the girl in 4th place. LOL, another super talent that looks like 12 years old. I almost feel blasé :laugh:

As an act of political protest against the Russian laws, I went to see two incredible gay movies instead of the Ladies FS. :p

And I'm glad I did given the boooooooring result that you could predict yesterday and the use of PCS to prop Russian Fed's favourites and bury the 'ugly ducklings.' Meh.

So Leonova goes to Europeans, thanks to incredibly generous PCS for what is an absolutely terrible program, even if she sells it well. Who would have guessed?

And tell me again how you can accurately judge speed by watching this kind of videos?

By watching the skater's movement in relation to the environment, exactly just like you do when you're watching live. ;)