Upcoming skating teleconferences | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Upcoming skating teleconferences

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm an Abbott fan, but the further he stays away from media, the better. He got thrown under the bus by his own Colorado Newspaper- and USFS did nothing to help him. Seems they were happy to watch him go under. Happy. They don't want him in Sochi. So- I hope Abbott maintains a low profile and lets his skating speak for him.

Huh??

ETA: I'm guessing the comment RE: the anti-gay law in Russia?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

KKonas

Medalist
Teleconference with Jason Brown: Although he continues to work on the quad, Brown does not plan a quad jump in his programs for Nationals, but he feels he still has as good a chance as anyone to make the Olympic Team, citing Evan Lysacek’s win in Vancouver as inspiration. He has been training well working on consistency and more flow in both programs, and making everything look effortless. He is working with a sports psychologist. His first year on the senior international circuit has been a confidence booster and he’s really excited to compete in Boston.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the full report, KKonas. :) Though given the amount of grief Evan got on these boards for winning the Olympics w/o a quad, I'm hoping Jason doesn't get the same amount should he make the top 2 at Nationals...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks for the full report, KKonas. :) Though given the amount of grief Evan got on these boards for winning the Olympics w/o a quad, I'm hoping Jason doesn't get the same amount should he make the top 2 at Nationals...

Jason is a thousand times more:

- likeable
- artistic
- fun
- enjoyable
- better costumed

That'll make a difference.

KKonas

Medalist
Just off Shibutani press conference. Very chatty. Highly recommend listening to it when Icenetwork puts it up. They replaced the middle section of their Michael Jackson FD music (Ben) to "Man in the Mirror." They changed some of the choreo including a spin and the choreo lift. Alex was born in Boston and his parents met while both attended Harvard. He is looking forward to competing there as he is still a big fan of Boston athletic teams. He and Maia are taking independent studies at U of Mich. Alex is now looking at a career in film and film production.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just off Shibutani press conference. Very chatty. Highly recommend listening to it when Icenetwork puts it up. They replaced the middle section of their Michael Jackson FD music (Ben) to "Man in the Mirror." They changed some of the choreo including a spin and the choreo lift. Alex was born in Boston and his parents met while both attended Harvard. He is looking forward to competing there as he is still a big fan of Boston athletic teams. He and Maia are taking independent studies at U of Mich. Alex is now looking at a career in film and film production.

Woah, that's huge. They really liked that Ben piece too and they really made an effort to try something different with it by getting that string quartet involved but I agree that it didn't quite work with the rest of the dance. Man in the Mirror will be a better fit.

Looking forward to hearing the call later. Thanks for the report, KKonas!

Barb

Record Breaker

I must to wait to watch it but I am not very happy with the new song :eek:hwell:

KKonas

Medalist
Gracie Gold says she is very happy with her move to LA. She is there with her sister and mom. She feels like a different person, a different skater. New SP to Grieg Concerto (Adagio) choreo by Lori Nichol. Frank has been great. He thought her overall skating was too "frantic." She has learned a lot this year, learned to take her time, take a breath, trust her training. She said she rarely misses the triple Lutz/triple toe in her program and has performed her new SP at the holiday show at the Toyota Center. Likes being around other top skaters - sees Denis Ten almost every day, and other skaters often stop by. Felt Chicago was a little isolated with lack of other top skaters regularly at the rink. Looking forward to Boston.

Barb

Record Breaker
Gracie Gold says she is very happy with her move to LA. She is there with her sister and mom. She feels like a different person, a different skater. New SP to Grieg Concerto (Adagio) choreo by Lori Nichol. Frank has been great. He thought her overall skating was too "frantic." She has learned a lot this year, learned to take her time, take a breath, trust her training. She said she rarely misses the triple Lutz/triple toe in her program and has performed her new SP at the holiday show at the Toyota Center. Likes being around other top skaters - sees Denis Ten almost every day, and other skaters often stop by. Felt Chicago was a little isolated with lack of other top skaters regularly at the rink. Looking forward to Boston.
. Finally, thank you Frank :bow:, i hope she is working hard in that aspect.

KKonas

Medalist
Last teleconference. Adam Rippon says he is a different skater from 4 years ago. His performance on the GP season this year gave him confidence and showed that he is ready to be US champion. The quad jumps are going well. Plans a quad toe in both SP and FS. He had the flu recently which hindered his daily training, but he is fine now and back to regular training schedule. He says he is still "hungry" but feels he has improved his skating overall. (My "smart" phone died on me battery-wise so that's all I have to report.)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
ARCHIVED AUDIO of pre-Boston teleconferences:

The correct link for Agnes Zawadzki is:
(The incorrect one above is an accidental repeat of the link for Max Aaron ;))​

And here are links to some newly posted teleconferences:

ETA, update: IN has finally added Adam Rippon:

flutzy13

On the Ice
ARCHIVED AUDIO of pre-Boston teleconferences:

The correct link for Agnes Zawadzki is:
(The incorrect one above is an accidental repeat of the link for Max Aaron ;))​

And here are links to some newly posted teleconferences:

(Archived audio of Rippon's teleconference has not yet been posted online.)

Neither have any of the pairs. Kind of bummed Icenetwork seems to have forgotten them as I think that will be an exciting competition this year.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I really enjoyed the Shibutanis' conference. Obviously I'm a huge fan, so that was a given, but I was especially impressed at how through they were at answering the questions. And how honest they were about some of the challenges in the career (namely having to change their SD at the beginning of last season; I could read between the lines that that SD was not exactly their favorite).

And Alex showed his usual humor. "Masshole" about Boston sports, heh.

Jason Brown's conference was great. I liked he was to the point regarding the quad. He sounds very confident! Hope that means good things next week!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jason Brown's conference was great. I liked he was to the point regarding the quad. He sounds very confident! Hope that means good things next week!

Yeah that was great! He was just like, I know you're gonna ask me, so I may as well pre-empt it.

amc987

On the Ice
Somehow I can't listen to Gracie Gold's teleconference without being a season pass subscriber. Anyone else having this problem? It didn't come up with any of the others.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Somehow I can't listen to Gracie Gold's teleconference without being a season pass subscriber. Anyone else having this problem? It didn't come up with any of the others.

I'm not American and not a subscriber and I could listen to Jason's just fine...maybe an error?

supsu

On the Ice
Yeah i have the same problem. I can get Jason's and others' interviews but not Gracie's.

amc987

On the Ice
I'm not American and not a subscriber and I could listen to Jason's just fine...maybe an error?

I could listen to Jason's interview, Ross's, D/W's, Ashley's, Max's, and Agnes's. I didn't try any of the others. I've only had the subscriber problem when I tried to listen to Gracie's.