Entries 2014 European Championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Entries 2014 European Championships

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
On the bright side: Carolina just confirmed she'll be going to Euros, so you have that great news to counter the bad Clara news...
There will just be a huge amount of ladies, all allowed to the SP at Euros (36 last year!) with only the best 24 to qualify for the FS, so there's no re-allocation, each country is allowed to send at least 1 lady, as long as she fulfills those minimum TES scores.

Yeah, I just saw the news about Carolina in the threads in The Edge. I have to say, she's taking a big risk. Not only is Caro coming back from injury at one of the majors, but she is also debuting 2 new programmes on top of that.

But, I suppose it's better than trying to do it at Olympics. Can you imagine the pressure that would bring...?!

Thank you for clarifying that there is no re-allocation of the slots. It's a thing I've often wondered, but never thought of asking.

It's disappointing that Clara missed out on going to Euros, but at least there'll still be one representative from this island - Jenna McCorkell! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Alex D

Record Breaker
That's going to be a long night with the Ladies, or should I say short... I already see it coming, I wont get more than 3-4 hours sleep a night :eek:

The Sunday looks weird...

Anyone found out yet where the practice rink is and if those without ID can go there?

Bea

On the Ice
That's going to be a long night with the Ladies, or should I say short... I already see it coming, I wont get more than 3-4 hours sleep a night :eek:

The Sunday looks weird...

Anyone found out yet where the practice rink is and if those without ID can go there?

Here's some information on the practice rink: http://mnsk.hu/en/letesitmeny/practice-ice-rink/

Yeah, Sunday looks weird. I guess everyone will have to leave the arena after the medal ceremony and those with tickets to the gala can go back. But there won't be much time for that, will there? Not even an hour.
The other thing is that I was very very surprised and actually disappointed that the gala will only last 2 hours according to the time table. I would expect a gala at a EC to be at least 2,5 hours long or even longer. Some galas at Grand Prix events last longer that the one scheduled here! Is it for certain that the gala will be only 2 hours long?

I don't think that we will be allowed to go to any of the practice session other than the ones on Monday and Tuesday. I've read on the website of Syma Hall that gate opening times will be in general an hour before the start of the copmetion. And it is written on the website of the EC that the all event ticket and the all day tickets don't include any of the official practices.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link ;)

It would be quite a disappointment to not be able to see all of the practice sessions, at least at the day of the competition. :( What are my Japanese friends and me supposed to do all morning? *laughs*

I remember Zagreb and other competitions, we were usually at the ice rink at 5 or 6 AM :D But what you said could indeed be happening, the ISU has some very strict rules lately :(

As for Sunday, I believe we indeed need to leave and come back... The Gala however is indeed only 2 hours, with a 20 min ice resurface we will get about 100 minutes there.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I just saw the news about Carolina in the threads in The Edge. I have to say, she's taking a big risk. Not only is Caro coming back from injury at one of the majors, but she is also debuting 2 new programmes on top of that.
She'd debuting one new program. Bolero is a proven, successful LP for her.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
She'd debuting one new program. Bolero is a proven, successful LP for her.

Don't worry, I know that. But it is new in terms of this season. ;)

I'm not a skater, but I would imagine that for the past 6 months Caro has been practicing the "Humoresque" and "Sheherazade" routines all the time to try to get happy with them. I doubt that she would have been practicing the "Bolero" FS routine at all.

So, although Carolina has been successful with it the past, and she probably remembers it VERY WELL (hey, it was only last season that she used it!), it could take a while to get totally comfortable with it again.

Just look at how badly Alena Leonova's return to her "Pirates Of The Caribbean" SP (which was always my favourite routine of her's) went down at the start of this season...

On the other hand, it could be like putting on an old comfortable glove, like every time Liza Tuktamysheva returns to her "Adiós Nonino" routine.

We'll just have to cross out fingers that it will be the latter scenario for Carolina, and wait a few days and see...

CaroLiza_fan

hanca

Record Breaker
On the other hand, it could be like putting on an old comfortable glove, like every time Liza Tuktamysheva returns to her "Adiós Nonino" routine.

CaroLiza_fan

"Putting on an old comfortable glove" did not help Liza Tuktamysheva during this nationals, did it! She did not qualify for Europeans and Olympics.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"Putting on an old comfortable glove" did not help Liza Tuktamysheva during this nationals, did it! She did not qualify for Europeans and Olympics.

She didn't qualify, I'll give you that.

Let's face it, with the way Adelina and Julia are skating this season, Liza wasn't going to get going to Olympics and Worlds anyway. So, it was just the Euros slot she was fighting for. And, after her performance at the Russian Championships, Alena deserved it.

But you have to admit, Liza skated a lot better at Nationals than she has for a long time! ;)

That is what I'm going to take out of Liza's performance at Nationals.

You gotta look on the bright side of things! ;) :biggrin:

Now, let's get back on topic. Any sign of the final entry list yet...???

I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for it so that they can make their predictions for Round 1 of the ISU Championships Predictions Game... ;)

CaroLiza_fan

supersk8

Spectator
Does anyone know if SVK or CZE are using euros for the decision of who goes to Sochi in their ladies spots?

Does anyone know if SVK or CZE are using euros for the decision of who goes to Sochi in their ladies spots?

Slovakia is. Rajicova has to show a certain standard of skating (no specific details were given) and if she does, she goes to the Olympics. If she fails, Simancikova will.

As for Czech Republic, the rules previously published by the federation stated that the skater who wins the spot at Nebelhorn gets the Olympic spot. Which would mean Ukolova is confirmed for the Olympics. I am not sure whether Brezinova winning Nationals changed that at all but I'll try to find out.

supersk8

Spectator
Slovakia is. Rajicova has to show a certain standard of skating (no specific details were given) and if she does, she goes to the Olympics. If she fails, Simancikova will.

As for Czech Republic, the rules previously published by the federation stated that the skater who wins the spot at Nebelhorn gets the Olympic spot. Which would mean Ukolova is confirmed for the Olympics. I am not sure whether Brezinova winning Nationals changed that at all but I'll try to find out.

Thank you!! And as for Germany, is Weinzierl confirmed to compete at the ladies event as well as the team event?

Thank you!! And as for Germany, is Weinzierl confirmed to compete at the ladies event as well as the team event?

Germany has only one spot so Weinzierl has to do both ladies and team. You can only pick different skaters (and replace between SP and FS) if you have more than one qualified.

supersk8

Spectator
Germany has only one spot so Weinzierl has to do both ladies and team. You can only pick different skaters (and replace between SP and FS) if you have more than one qualified.

I'm sorry I didn't explain myself. There was talk about Weinzierl doing the Team event but not the ladies since she didn't get her national minimum score. Is it confirmed that she will compete in ladies?? and not only on the team event?

I'm sorry I didn't explain myself. There was talk about Weinzierl doing the Team event but not the ladies since she didn't get her national minimum score. Is it confirmed that she will compete in ladies?? and not only on the team event?

Ahhh sorry, I get what you mean now. I am not sure. But given how super close she was to making the minimum score, I really hope they are going to let her skate. I mean, come on, it's the Olympics!

lanebalou

Rinkside

She`s doing both! :agree:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
New Couple Alert! - That's what they say in the tabloids, right?
Well, I'm talking FS Pairs - that's the first time I see those 2 names together:
Caitlin YANKOWSKAS / Hamish GAMAN (GBR). They're only substitutes since finishing 3rd at Nationals and GBR only having 2 spots, but I had no idea Caitlin had set harbor in GBR for now... After trying Matteo Guarise and then Joshua Reagan.
What an eventful career, let's remember she was US Champion and finished 6th at her first World Championships with John Coughlin before he told her he wanted to split.
When I watched them skate back then, I was sure she should be the one looking for a better partner since she had everything, including very secure triples, when he was stiff and clumsy... Oh, how unexpectedly things can turn out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=incIOswvkv0

A surprise to me indeed! When she was with Coughlin, I definitely thought they were the best US pairs ever. So sad Coughlin left her and the struggles she had ever since. Now she has to compete for another country…