ER in Trouble!?! Read This | Golden Skate

ER in Trouble!?! Read This

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
'ER' In Trouble? Topless Scene Planned

Just days after the MTV-produced AOL TopSpeed Super Bowl Halftime Show in which Janet Jackson bared her right breast and incurred the wrath of the Federal Communications Commission, the NBC drama "ER" is raising alarms. Television Week reports that "ER" is scheduled to air an episode on Thursday night--the first night of the all-important February sweeps--in which the breast of an elderly patient will be bared. And that is causing serious concern among a number of NBC affiliates, who may choose not to broadcast the show.

One unnamed station group executive told Television Week, "You're not going to find the stations very willing to take the heat. I think people are going to be backing off big-time." Some affiliates, who expressed concern about the scene long before the Super Bowl halftime brouhaha, were told several weeks ago that "ER" executive producer John Wells is unwilling to cut the scene. Now even more affiliates, feeling the post-Super Bowl sensitivity to such matters, are anxious about airing the show. Television Week reports that NBC and John Wells was unavailable for comment.

One note: The FCC rules for shows that air after 10 p.m., such as "ER," are less strict than for shows airing from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., such as the Super Bowl. When the FCC levels a fine for obscenity, it is charged not only to the network, but also each station airing the show. The maximum obscenity fine is $27,500.

Janet Jackson's stunt has resulted in a new record: TiVo users are replaying it again and again and again.

guinevere

Final Flight
I believe that the ER episode in question was last week's episode. There was definitely an elderly patient whose chest was shown while the drs were working on her. The way it was shot, you couldn't really see anything though, so maybe they're talking about a more graphic elderly breast shot this week?

guinevere

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
... and the far-reaching ramifications of BREASTGATE continue to be felt across the nation! :D

Ladskater

Record Breaker
I did not watch last week's episode. I guess I am not keep "abreast" of things!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
It's okay, LAD. I know how it feels when you miss an episode of your favorite show... Everyone else talking about the show that you missed just makes you feel like a big BOOB!:laugh: :D

guinevere

Final Flight
omigod, you two are being such mams...I mean HAMS!

ps I just saw a blurb on the news about ER not showing the granny boos, so I guess I was wrong about last week's ep. My tv gets such bad reception, I can't see any naughty bits anyway!!

guinevere

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
guinevere said:
omigod, you two are being such mams...I mean HAMS!

ps I just saw a blurb on the news about ER not showing the granny boos, so I guess I was wrong about last week's ep. My tv gets such bad reception, I can't see any naughty bits anyway!!

guinevere

It's okay, Guinnie, anyone can make a BOOB-OO! :laugh: :D :laugh: :D

guinevere

Final Flight
It's been fun chatting with you gals, but I'm off to bed. TA-TAs for now!!

:laugh:

guinevere

heyang

Record Breaker
Much ado about nothing with regard to ER. Last week's epi did have the granny booby and it was a repeat, as well.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Great episode last night. Looks like John Carter has moved into Mark Green's shoes. What a hoot, Carrie taking Romano's donated money and using it to open a Gay and Lesbian wing in the hospital......why hasn't Ming Na been on lately? Her character is suppose to be in China, and why was Sherry Stringfield only in the opening moments? Why, why, why? Nice camera work..... :rolleye: blurring out chest scenes in one of the ER segments....was that what everyone's been talking about? 42

Ladskater

Record Breaker
show 42:

yes, it was a new epsiode. It looks like all the Docs are getting their love lives sorted out. Even Kovac finally got together with the nurse whose son is a diabetic. She made the move!!!

I am still not so crazy about Carters new bride to be. But then, I did not like him with Abbey either. Maybe, I'm just jealous!!!! Now I would rather Carter was with Abbey - oh well go figure!!!

Abbey seems more settled now as well. Her kooky family is leaving her alone and it looks like she may have quit smoking.

Also, Elizabeth who we have not seen much of has a fellow in her life and maybe something developing at the hospital with a new surgeon!

Ming Na, is in China and she called Pratt to report the sad news of her mother's death. Maybe she will be returning soon - I hope! She is one of my favorite characters. Now I would not have minded Carter with Ming Na!

Don't know what happened to Dr. Susan Lewis ( Sherry Stringfield). I must have missed that episode.

Well, let's hope the show keeps going!

Last edited: