Ladies Practice Reports... | Golden Skate

Ladies Practice Reports...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Anyone have any? :confused:

If so, please share, as I will the one that I acquired on the net somewhere......have to find the link....will post it, when found.

Basically it stated that Elena Sokolova has been hitting many 3/3s in practice........e.g. 3Z/3T, 3T/3T, 3R/3R, & 3F/3T.......and Carolina Kostner has been hitting a 3F/3T/3R combo.! :eek: WOW! (8^O

The ladies are sure rocking n' rolling in practice at least. Now it's just a matter of putting them in competition.......though the aforementioned already have a history of doing so thus far......e.g. Elena @ 2003 Euros & Worlds (3Z/3T) and Carolina @ 2003 Euros (TWO fully rotated beautiful ones; 3Z/3T & 3F/3T).

By the way, has Elena ever completed TWO 3/3s in competition before? If so, when & where. Thanks in advance. My stats booklet only list Irina S., Sarah H., Shizuka A., & Carolina K. as being the only ones to have ever successfully performed TWO 3/3s in competition. Funny, not even the Great Miki Ando has done so thus far ~ but I'd say a 3Z/3R & 4S equal it! JMHO.

***Note: I personally prefer "edge" jump combos., as I think they show power & strength, as opposed to the "toepick" jumps where one needs the assist. But the best of both worlds is the ONE whom can successfully combine & land both (aka Sarah Hughes 3S/3R & 3T/3R @ 2002 Olympics.***

Peace & Love, Nadine

MODIFIED TO ADD: tada, found the source of the aformentioned info., as regards practice ~ FSU. :)^)

Last edited:

dewet

Final Flight
Nadine said:
By the way, has Elena ever completed TWO 3/3s in competition before? If so, when & where.

I believe at the QR at the 2003 worlds she did. A 3L/3T and a 3S/3T.

Kasey

Medalist
Just an aside....Nadine, I much prefer the edge jumps also! I think they are more graceful looking as well...

Go Elena! :)

Kasey