Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Reality TV Show on W | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Reality TV Show on W

Victura

On the Ice
Would anyone be so kind as to recap for those of us who weren't able to watch it? Thank you in advance!

Antilles

Medalist
Biggest reveal for me was Tessa admitting they aren't friends with D&W, but would call their relationship civil.
She said they do sometimes wonder if Marina gives everybody equal attention or wants one team to win more.

Antilles

Medalist
We also met Scott 's new girlfriend. I think her name is Sonya. We saw them struggle with their on ice connection over the summer, so they brought in an online ballroom mentor to help. They talked about the closeness of their
relationship, but it can ebb and flow. Sometimes they are best friends and sometimes just business partners.
They talked about Marina being dedicated and a hard taskmaster.

Antilles

Medalist
Oh, and Scott mentioned how guys seem to want to go through him if they are interested in Tessa. Apparently she's clueless to men flirting with her. I think that's about it.

Scout

Final Flight
I think Scott's gf's name is Cassandra. Didn't show much of her; just that they are dating and that if Cassandra has a problem with Tessa & Scott's relationship, then he sees it as a problem with their relationship. Tessa is single (at least at the time of filming), stating she didn't have time to being a committed girlfriend. Tessa said she always has a hard time defining her and Scott's relationship; that it's unique.

It was nice to see just some of their genuine interaction (they had a scene at a restaurant where neither looked completely comfortable, it felt like they knew there were cameras around) in little scenes where they are training or just hanging out.

They touched briefly on their summer competition in Quebec. You got to see them in the K&C, just saying how Scott felt he disappointed in how tired he felt at the end, how the last lift was off, how Tessa made an error on the twizzles.

It was nice also to see them train and speak about what they found difficult. We're so used to seeing them make everything look so effortless that watching the show and hearing the commment on how things felt rough and hard was a different view.

They way they spoke in the 30 minutes made it seem like this season would be it for them. For example, at that kinda awkward restaurant dinner, Tessa asked Scott what he'd miss the most; he mentioned the structure in your lifestyle that comes with training = every moment is accounted for.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
It was nice to see just some of their genuine interaction (they had a scene at a restaurant where neither looked completely comfortable, it felt like they knew there were cameras around) in little scenes where they are training or just hanging out.

Yeah, that scene was surprisingly awkward and uncomfortable--but I'm fairly certain that it was because the cameras were around. I thought it was a good insight into how a top team trains--happy times, fears, doubts, and everything that comes along with it.

Nitpicking, but I don't like how, at the end, the filmmakers made it out to be like Tessa was the poor little girl all alone while Scott had a girlfriend. Tessa's a strong woman; she don't need no man!

Also, for the brief moments that Davis/White were on-camera, it was a stark contrast (again, very likely that it was shown that way on purpose) between them and Virtue/Moir. It was as if they were relaxed (esp. Meryl) and Tessa & Scott were feeling the heat.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Moirs life long dream has finally come true
his ego must be through the roof, congrats anyways

caitie

Medalist
I thought the production was pretty tacky -- from the forced drama at the rink to make Tessa and Meryl seem at odds to the shot of the SUV rolling up to the rink and the foot stepping out of it to the editors clearly cutting off what people were saying to make more drama, as well as some of the really staged stuff like the dinner together. That stuff I didn't love, but I did like the BTS look at their pre-season competition and the development of their SD. I wonder why Marina decided they couldn't do that curve lift, though, because I think the one they replaced it with is really generic and I saw two other teams do the same position lift (in pairs and Jr. Ice Dance). Anyway, looking forward to the next part and it's nice to have that confirmation that they really are retiring. If DW retire as well, Ice Dance will be so different next quad!

RABID

Final Flight
Oh, and Scott mentioned how guys seem to want to go through him if they are interested in Tessa. Apparently she's clueless to men flirting with her. I think that's about it.

Meanwhile she is the most gorgeous thing on ice.:love:

samson

Medalist
As long as someone keeps posting the episodes online, I'll keep watching but I will take the content with a grain of salt.

The power of the editing room is remarkable. I've worked on a couple of film productions - both scripted and documentary, and documentaries are by far the hardest thing to edit if you want to offer a truly unbiased account of events... but that probably wouldn't be "exciting" enough for a cable company to trust the ratings.

I will say at least they aren't bringing in actors to be fake friends or hiring a fake choreographer for them to create a certain personality. Hopefully they'll continue to spare us that sort of thing and save that kind of manipulation for shows like DanceMoms etc...

In any event it is cool to get a some sort of glimpse into their world. Artistic relationships can be some of the hardest to maintain and understand. At one moment you feel married to the person. The next you're best friends. Then the next day you don't want to see their face, or they're simply the business partner you work with. That's a dynamic to this show I found interesting and very relatable.

Tessa and Scott are extremely talented and clearly work incredibly hard. I could use less of the editing that looks like Meryl is watching their every move. I really doubt she spends a lot of time watching them practice lifts, but I will believe that that competitive edge is an ever present element of the Detroit Skating Club. Still, as a skating fan I can't deny how fun it is to watch this show, even if I want to cringe when they play super cheesy music in the background instead of Ella when we watch then perform their FD. One can only wonder what sort of music they'll choose when they do their FD...

Sara

On the Ice
As long as someone keeps posting the episodes online, I'll keep watching but I will take the content with a grain of salt.

The power of the editing room is remarkable. I've worked on a couple of film productions - both scripted and documentary, and documentaries are by far the hardest thing to edit if you want to offer a truly unbiased account of events... but that probably wouldn't be "exciting" enough for a cable company to trust the ratings.

I will say at least they aren't bringing in actors to be fake friends or hiring a fake choreographer for them to create a certain personality. Hopefully they'll continue to spare us that sort of thing and save that kind of manipulation for shows like DanceMoms etc...

In any event it is cool to get a some sort of glimpse into their world. Artistic relationships can be some of the hardest to maintain and understand. At one moment you feel married to the person. The next you're best friends. Then the next day you don't want to see their face, or they're simply the business partner you work with. That's a dynamic to this show I found interesting and very relatable.

Tessa and Scott are extremely talented and clearly work incredibly hard. I could use less of the editing that looks like Meryl is watching their every move. I really doubt she spends a lot of time watching them practice lifts, but I will believe that that competitive edge is an ever present element of the Detroit Skating Club. Still, as a skating fan I can't deny how fun it is to watch this show, even if I want to cringe when they play super cheesy music in the background instead of Ella when we watch then perform their FD. One can only wonder what sort of music they'll choose when they do their FD...

I hate the drama that the production company is trying to bring e.g between Tessa and Meryl. Not sure if VM are pleased about the editing...

Sorry but I cannot resist correcting you on the fact that they train at the Arctic Edge of Canton, not at the Detroit Skating Club. ;)