Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Reality TV Show on W | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Reality TV Show on W

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice
In the insane blogger's delusional little brain, Tessa got pregnant at the 2010 Olympics or shortly after, and gave birth in the fall of 2010. Tessa and Scott missed the Grand Prix season that year because Tessa needed leg surgery. Delusional blogger thinks all of Skate Canada and a vast network of Scott's family and friends in the skating world ("Moirville") help them cover this up. I still don't know why she thinks they need to cover it up, because in her fantasy, they also got married in 2009.

Buttermilk, if you're talking about the hater's blog I'm thinking of - with the initials of JDLSM - have you ever seen someone so obsessed and committed to discrediting people? He or she, and the people who post there, seem to hate Scott and Tessa only slightly less than they hate Charlie and Meryl. Now they're tearing apart the dance routines from dwts and saying Meryl has some handicap and they're going to keep digging until they find out what it is. If only they realized how insane they all sound, they might find a better use of their time and actually contribute something positive to the world.

Buttermilk, if you're talking about the hater's blog I'm thinking of - with the initials of JDLSM - have you ever seen someone so obsessed and committed to discrediting people? He or she, and the people who post there, seem to hate Scott and Tessa only slightly less than they hate Charlie and Meryl. Now they're tearing apart the dance routines from dwts and saying Meryl has some handicap and they're going to keep digging until they find out what it is. If only they realized how insane they all sound, they might find a better use of their time and actually contribute something positive to the world.

So true! That blog makes me uncomfortable because I just feel the people posting those things can't be completely okay mentally.

anyanka

Record Breaker
:rofl: Of course, you're from Italy, right? Clooney obviously has a taste for Italian ladies. I met him a couple of time in Lugano. Heard that he has a residence in some northern part of Italy.

Lake Como if I read all the gossip rags correctly. A work colleague is from Milan area and says when Clooney bought his place in 2002 suddenly every celebrity fell over backwards trying to get to that area. It's still a major hotspot and for the celebs it's less obvious a place to holiday unlike the Riviera.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

If they listened to Meryl and Charlie's Classroom Champions videos, they would know what Meryl's handicaps are-she has no depth perception and is dyslexic.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...vis-charlie-white-usa-best-shot-gold/1985667/

When Davis skates during warm-ups, she tends to stay close to the boards, away from the couples also warming up. "It's pretty scary to not know how far away the other skaters are from you," Cheryl said. "She depends on Charlie a lot for that. He protects her. She's been with her for so many years he knows what she needs."
When competing, Davis memorizes where the painted lines are on the ice so she can get her bearings. But there's been times when she's had to compete on ice without such markings.

Cheryl would like her daughter to share her story, but Meryl has resisted. She doesn't want to talk about her vision problems or have judges and fans think it's a factor when she's on the ice.

But those closest to her marvel at the obstacles overcome and view her as a role model for others with the similar dyslexia-related issues. "She's just learned to accommodate her whole life with it," her mother said. "It's surprising that she has done as well as she has."

Davis, a student at the University of Michigan, said she became a stronger person because of it. She tells kids facing similar challenges that self-belief and determination will help them reach their goals as well.

Her disabilities inspire her to help others with struggles.

"Did either of you have any struggles in school?" Meryl began her story. She said she was Dyslexic. She stated she had been diagnosed when she was in the 3rd grade and that reading was difficult for her until the 11th grade.

The moment Meryl said the word Dyslexic I looked at one of my boys. He was staring at me with his mouth open. See, he is also Dyslexic and has a hard time with it because he is pulled out of my class for 45 minutes a day and misses whatever we are doing. He likes to be a part of everything and it really bothers him that he has to leave.

Something in his face changed for the better in that moment. He connected with Meryl on such a huge level. She seemed to give him the sense of "it is ok to think differently". She talked about how her mind is wired differently and how that is ok.

In the Dyslexia classroom there is a "Wall of Fame" that has pictures of celebrities and even pictures of all the kids in her program, because they are celebrities to us. Right before my student went to his Dyslexic class that afternoon he asked if we could hang Meryl's picture on their "Wall of Fame" I printed it out quickly and we took it in there.

A student of mine was changed today for the better and the fact that he now KNOWS someone, a celebrity you might say, that is like him made him hold his head a little higher and that, right there, is why Classroom Champions, is an amazing program that lifts up spirits.

Thank you Meryl for being so open and honest about your struggles. Because of it, I have a young man who goes to Dyslexia class now smiling because he knows it will one day get easier

Last edited:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
So true! That blog makes me uncomfortable because I just feel the people posting those things can't be completely okay mentally.

I took a look through some of the older posts from last year and there were also a lot of weird and nasty comments written about some of Canada's other dance teams, as well. There were a lot of attacks on Weaver & Poje and Gilles & Poirier.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist

I've learned to take it as a laugh. Disliking a team is different from picking them apart, which they even do to their apparent 'favorites' - ie Tessa and Scott. I just feel bad for Jessica Dube because that horrible blog comes up before her actual twitter on the google search results!

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice
If they listened to Meryl and Charlie's Classroom Champions videos, they would know what Meryl's handicaps are-she has no depth perception and is dyslexic.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...vis-charlie-white-usa-best-shot-gold/1985667/

dorispulaski, seeing how creepy and stalkerish they are, they may have seen those videos. No, they're claiming she has muscle problems. You know, because they're all doctors and PhD's over there. :bang:

What a sad existence, to make things up to support a negative and hateful narrative.

Alba

Record Breaker
:rofl: Of course, you're from Italy, right? Clooney obviously has a taste for Italian ladies. I met him a couple of time in Lugano. Heard that he has a residence in some northern part of Italy.

He has a taste for everybody. :laugh: But yes, he has an 18th century villa (Villa Oleandra) in the small village of Laglio, on Lake Como, near Milan where I live.
It's a beautiful place but I've never seen Clooney though. :disapp: :biggrin:
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2006-06-14_Villa_Clooney_in_Laglio.jpg

anyanka

Record Breaker
He has a taste for everybody. :laugh: But yes, he has an 18th century villa (Villa Oleandra) in the small village of Laglio, on Lake Como, near Milan where I live.
It's a beautiful place but I've never seen Clooney though. :disapp: :biggrin:
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2006-06-14_Villa_Clooney_in_Laglio.jpg

I'm envious of where you live. I watch "Io Sono l'Amore" with Tilda Swinton sometimes by playing it in the background while I clean my house, and the scenery and the music just make me wish I lived in Milan! Lucky you. :)

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm envious of where you live. I watch "Io Sono l'Amore" with Tilda Swinton sometimes by playing it in the background while I clean my house, and the scenery and the music just make me wish I lived in Milan! Lucky you. :)

I lived in Rome for many years and that's "my city" tbh. I just adore Roma, it's my love, but Milan is not bad at all. Especially for shopping. :biggrin:

Io sono l'Amore it's a very good movie indeed, and have some beautiful scenery I agree. The house also is very beautiful, Villa Necchi Campiglio, and it's a "casa museo" . http://www.casemuseomilano.it/it/casamuseo.php?ID=3

anyanka

Record Breaker
I lived in Rome for many years and that's "my city" tbh. I just adore Roma, it's my love, but Milan is not bad at all. Especially for shopping. :biggrin:

Io sono l'Amore it's a very good movie indeed, and have some beautiful scenery I agree. The house also is very beautiful, Villa Necchi Campiglio, and it's a "casa museo" . http://www.casemuseomilano.it/it/casamuseo.php?ID=3

I heard that in the making-of documentary on the DVD! :) Mille grazie for the link!
Agreed that Milan is better for shopping than Rome from what I understand.
And now, to pop in my brand-new copy of "La Grande Belleza" to watch ... ;)

Vera Costa

Rinkside
Regarding Cassandra, I can't remember which interview it was, but Scott and Tessa were asked if either was in a relationship and Scott mentioned he was on the outs of one.

Alba

Record Breaker
And now, to pop in my brand-new copy of "La Grande Belleza" to watch ... ;)

You're either gonna hate it or love this movie. But the scenery it's for sure breathless. :love:

Back to topic: I think this reality show was a miss opportunity for the Canadian TV. They could've done a much better show and a longer one for example covering their whole season, including Sochi (especially Sochi), and transmitting it after the Olympics.

Vera Costa

Rinkside
Back to topic: I think this reality show was a miss opportunity for the Canadian TV. They could've done a much better show and a longer one for example covering their whole season, including Sochi (especially Sochi), and transmitting it after the Olympics.

It would have been a big distraction though. Not only for Tessa and Scott but all the other athletes as well. Especially going deeper into the season.

buttermilk

On the Ice
I think it's the blogger who posts most of those comments, too.
I agree. And she stalks various message boards looking for opinions she considers misguided. I've seen myself quoted over there, which terrified me to my very soul.

anyanka

Record Breaker
You're either gonna hate it or love this movie. But the scenery it's for sure breathless. :love:

It would have been fascinating to see all that as well, and wrap the entire season up once it's edited. The thing is though, is that they ran the show in the six weeks right up until Sochi (the finale was broadcast the night before the games opened) and they wanted to capitalize on the timing / advance publicity up to the Olympics. If they waited until now, Sochi would be an afterthought. However, if they *did* film the last few weeks including the games, they could air those episodes a few months later, around this time, but I haven't heard anything.

anyanka

Record Breaker

!!!!!!!!

[face palm]