Yuna Kim's short and long programs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim's short and long programs

Krislite

Medalist
nationals don't count
and like all nationals it is inflated in a ISU event it will be around 75-76

Duh. That's why it's "unofficial". ;) I think of it more as a parting gift by the Korean judges. It's her last short program in Korea ever.

What matters is she went clean, despite a crummy warm-up that left her a little nervous.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Duh. That's why it's "unofficial". ;) I think of it more as a parting gift by the Korean judges. It's her last short program in Korea ever.

What matters is she went clean, despite a crummy warm-up that left her a little nervous.

good news is she is in good form again and should peak in time for the Olympics
Kim is really consistent and she has her speed back

Ven

Match Penalty
I wonder how much the smaller rink in Zagreb slowed her down? Maybe she didn't lose her speed before. I think the injury hurt her stamina more.

Anyway, this was good for her. Now she has a clean SP and it will give her confidence. My wish is she won't be nervous at Sochi. Hopefully she will go out there and own the ice both with her skating and her confidence. If she does that, I have no doubt she will get close to 80 even with international judges.

CarneAsada

Medalist
That was wonderful! I can't wait to see her FS and the changes she's made (and to see the much-maligned purple dress in motion). Her maximum score there is 160 points so I'm expecting maybe 155 for a clean performance.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Out of curiousity, I calculated Kim's maximum possible score. It is 44.33 TES (if I'm doing the math right) and 40 PCS for a total of 83.93 PCS. Yuna Kim was judged to be 95.6% perfect at this competition. :laugh:
There was obviously some inflation, if we consider that the 2A was not her best and that in really slow slow slow motion the 3T in the combo was a bit UR but that's Nationals so it's ok!

CarneAsada

Medalist
There was obviously some inflation, if we consider that the 2A was not her best and that in really slow slow slow motion the 3T in the combo was a bit UR but that's Nationals so it's ok!
Yes, if Adelina can get 140 points at her nationals and Akiko can get 144 points at hers, obviously I don't care what kind of inflation happens here!

smoothiw

Rinkside

I don't think it's UR. If we call this UR, I think there's no lady skaters who rotate 3-3 fully :laugh:
And we know that super slow motion always make us think that every jumps are UR.

Anyway, good for Yuna. Gook luck tomorrow. :clap:

cooper

Medalist
i don't think the score means anything obviously.. because there is always national inflation.. as it was expected especially that she was clean..

but anyway.. this is good for yuna.. to trust herself more.. because with all the criticisms that her costumes this year.. maybe it will give enough incentive for her to go all out..

that mustard yellow/green/whatever dress is also growing on me.. :laugh:

Krislite

Medalist

Not even Yuna fans would say there was no inflation. We know she likely wouldn't get this score at an ISU championship or the Olympics. :) But she would get close I think, maybe 76-77 if her jumps were a little better like at Worlds.

amc987

On the Ice
Does anyone have another video link? Stupid KBS blocked all the videos of Kim's SP on YouTube.

Yuna just finished her SP at Korean Nats

(unofficial) world record

Please. It's a ridiculously inflated Nationals result.

Had she skated this well at an ISU competition, she probably would have earned a new world record, but no way would she get over 80 points.

Sara

On the Ice
Well done Yuna! Of course there was inflation in the scores but haven't we seen the same in every nationals this season? And we will see it at US nats too. I don't care about the score so much, the most important thing is that she skated clean! :) I was worried about the 2A, she had problems with it in Zagreb. I hope she nails it in Sochi.

hgspam

Spectator

Had she skated this well at an ISU competition, she probably would have earned a new world record, but no way would she get over 80 points.

While I agree it's inflated, I don't think you're making the point you think you are.

Her world record score was 78.50 so this score is just 2.1 points over her previous world record. Lol.

Kirk

Rinkside

Thing is that if Yuna were to set that new world record then it would be well over 78.5 which would also be very close to 80, the score she garnered here. :laugh:

Peach

Rinkside

Was it Ur'ed though? I mean I'm looking at it right now and it's *slightly UR'ed. It would still be ratified though even if this was an international competition.