Yuna Kim's short and long programs | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim's short and long programs

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Link (short program + Kiss & Cry + interview): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOaBkawj0cA

:laugh: That look on her face when the score came up! "What?! For real?!"

I don't think that was better than her last world record SP but that score is fine for nationals. If she's clean in the FS she'll probably break that 150 mark too and I say bring it on! Pour on the scores b/c this FS will be her final performance at nationals. Why not send her to Sochi with a bang? ;)

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks for the video and other links! I agree that her reaction to the scores was priceless! Great skate and I must say that I enjoy this program quite a bit - and the chartreuse, including the arms, reminds me so much of Peggy Flemming (although she didn't have the sparkles). 'lympics will be great fun to watch - i can only hope the ladies bring it like last time!

vegarin

On the Ice
Aw, she's so cute.

Thanks for the fancam link, Krislite! Here is another fancam that I love: http://youtu.be/X5qWibunMqc It almost seems fancams have better close-ups than the broadcast version. I really like her expressions and transitions coming out of the flying camel and her 2A. Really fits well with the swell of the music.

And yes, the dress is growing on me, too. It sure sparkles in fancam versions!

jkun

Final Flight
Protocol:

TES
3Lz+3T 10.10 + 2.01 = 12.11
3F 5.30 + 1.75 = 7.05

3 judges gave her 10 on interpretation and 2 judges gave 10 on P/E (same as WC 2013 FS). PCS is definitely inflated, but TES sounds about right?

Can I ask you where you found the protocols? I wanted to have a closer look at yuna's and I'm curious as to how park so youn and kim hae jin did. Thanks

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist

ForeverFish

Medalist
I was actually thinking to myself the other day that Yuna might break 80 in her final Nationals if she skated clean.

The 2A was a little scary, but by the time Sochi rolls around, I don't think she should have any trouble with it. This is a lovely program, and the way she skates it is incredibly moving. I love how her subtlety -- the delicately unfolding hands, the depth of her edges in the step sequence -- speaks louder than any facial expression could. She seems so dainty ... and yet, when she jumps, she nearly takes the roof right off of the rink.

If she could hold the spiral just a tad longer, I'd be even more impressed.

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
Another Yuna thread by bots for no reason? Can we stop this already? You should combine this with other yuan thread. It is getting tiresome. A reflection of insecurity of these people. The earth will not stop without Yuna. Outside South Korea and skating world, very few people have heard of Yuna...

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I don't get mad at you at all, just feel sorry for you. I am so sorry that you are blind. What a shame!

Not everyone needs to wear prescription rose-colored glasses to watch her performances.

With that said, I found this performance exquisite--the program itself has certainly grown on me. Though, it remains to be seen if how I feel about the long program will be the same.

Another Yuna thread by bots for no reason?

Didn't you know? Such kind users were trying to increase ad revenue by enticing more people onto the site. Maybe Yuna doesn't make the world go' round, but money might. ;)

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Another Yuna thread by bots for no reason? Can we stop this already? You should combine this with other yuan thread. It is getting tiresome. A reflection of insecurity of these people. The earth will not stop without Yuna. Outside South Korea and skating world, very few people have heard of Yuna...

You seemed pressed.

Outside South Korea and Skating World? First of all, THIS IS a skating forum. And I'm sure millions of people know who the Olympic Champion is. Even my friend knows her.

Krislite

Medalist

Poor thing. Someone give suzukifan27 a hug... Would making a thread called "Can Kim close the gap on Suzuki?" be of any help?

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't get mad at you at all, just feel sorry for you. I am so sorry that you are blind. What a shame!

I'm not blind. I can see the perfect jumps, etc. I just don't feel it. I think Yu Na is the quintessential COP skater. She ticks off all the right boxes and gains maximum points. I just don't get the feeling, watching her, that she puts her heart and soul in it. And why should she? No points are awarded for those kinds of indefinable qualities.

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
Poor thing. Someone give suzukifan27 a hug... Would making a thread called "Can Kim close the gap on Suzuki?" be of any help?

Bots have a thread on Yu na's dress. It is very poor manner to pop up countless Yu na threads on a public forum for extremely trivial stuff. You can have your yu na universe all you want on her fans forum. It is a childish behaviour to compete for attention. No difference from the dear leader of SK's north neighbour toying with nuclear weapons for a few minutes' fame. Insecurity is in their DNA I guess.

Krislite

Medalist
Bots have a thread on Yu na's dress. It is very poor manner to pop up countless Yu na threads on a public forum for extremely trivial stuff. You can have your yu na universe all you want on her fans forum. It is a childish behaviour to compete for attention. No difference from the dear leader of SK's north neighbour toying with nuclear weapons for a few minutes' fame. Insecurity is in their DNA I guess.

Oh. My. God.

I'm not blind. I can see the perfect jumps, etc. I just don't feel it. I think Yu Na is the quintessential COP skater. She ticks off all the right boxes and gains maximum points. I just don't get the feeling, watching her, that she puts her heart and soul in it. And why should she? No points are awarded for those kinds of indefinable qualities.

That is an interesting comment, because my feeling about Yuna Kim's skating is just the opposite. To me, she is more like a 6.0 skater, only with greater subtlety than we are used to. Movement for the joy of movement. She shows her heart and soul in exquisite details rather than in extravagance. Thsi was a very satisfying performance. :yes:

This is a happy celebratory thread, Suzukifan27. No harm in it at all.

CarneAsada

Medalist
Everyone should be more understanding. Suzukifan27 probably just had his day ruined by seeing 600 dislikes when he went to watch a Suzuki video on YouTube. :cry: