Pre-Euros Media and introduction of skaters | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pre-Euros Media and introduction of skaters

sisinka

Final Flight
Julia Lipnitskaya – interview from 15th of January:
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/14335.html
…“I already got used to skate last – I am stoic to it.“
…“At practises, we skate programs everyday, we have a draw and I constantly take fifth or sixth starting number.“
…“I am glad with my skating. Althought flip was low. But other things were good, spins were good, everything was normal.“
…“Trainings are bad. I had three practises, at every of them I skated normally without music, but with music I created something impossible. I don’t know why but this situation is not very good.“
…“Now I am not in best form – I didn’t skate very well at practises in hometown. Simply in this period of time my form noticeably falls down, but it happens before it goes up.“
…(To debut at European Championhips) “I don’t care about it. It is important to do my job, not notice anything else.“
…“Music is badly hearable. Today Tarasova told me: Why is music playing like that. At practise rink I prepared to skate my short program, I was sitting and suddenly I noticed that my music is already on. And at practise I already had a test, somebody screamed: Come on (like at Cup of Russia). But I coped with it well.“

sisinka

Final Flight
Alena Leonova – interview from 15th of January:
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/14333.html
…“Today I did a quad attemp at practise. Twice I rotated three and half rotations. Coordination was bad. Then they told be to have a walk, watch skate at Russian Nationals to understand where is my place (smiling). I did it and then I came at start with clean head. “
…“I was walking 20 minutes then I thought being like Marry Poppins – I would fly away – there was a very strong wind. “
…“I don’t want to talk to marks (she was asked about low marks). I am happy very much with my skate I think that I did better then at Russian Nationals. In Sochi I skated a program for the first time, I was like chained, now for the second time I skated cleanly short program. It is a sign of stability (smiling). “
…(not being at last Europeans, but came no) “In the beginning I felt not in my skin. I didn’t ask myself: What I am doing here? But simply I thought: I was not there for such long time (smiling). Althought it was just one year. I took this competition like other competitions, there were not many fans on the stands, so the atmosphere was not si intense. “
…(she is asked whether she think about the Olympics) “I try not to think about the Olympics. My work is to skate and other decisions are made by other people. “
…“I want to skate clean free program, with great quality in it, to get pluses also. I will aim to it.“

sisinka

Final Flight
Sergei Voronov – interview from 16th of January:
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/14362.html
…“I am glad that I cope with my nervousness. Whether is it the best program for me? Looking at levels – no. Looking at emotions – yes.“
…(to the fact that European Championships is the most important or the main start for Voronov here) “I know about that detail as well, but we decided with my team that we will go step by step and don’t think about those details. Of course that I can imagine that there will be something next, but I go with little steps. Today I coped with the short program. Tomorrow will be…tomorrow. “
…“In next season…I don’t want to think about faraway future, let’s this season finishes. I nicely see that my rivals are jumping two quads in short program, I don’t want to stay behind them. “
…“I don’t want to cheat my coaches and people who are close to me, and in the same moment I want to be satisfied with my skating. And you can be satisfied if you skate cleanly or almost cleanly. “

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
…“Today I did a quad attemp at practise. Twice I rotated three and half rotations. Coordination was bad. Then they told be to have a walk, watch skate at Russian Nationals to understand where is my place (smiling)

Did I get this right? Alena practiced quads (toeloops, I presume) in Budapest? :eek:
Is she going to try one in her FS? (even if underrotated, that would be some good points!)
Did she mention the part about being told "where her place is" to point out that "they told her she won't go to Sochi no matter what"?

sisinka

Final Flight
Did I get this right? Alena practiced quads (toeloops, I presume) in Budapest? :eek:
Is she going to try one in her FS? (even if underrotated, that would be some good points!)
Did she mention the part about being told "where her place is" to point out that "they told her she won't go to Sochi no matter what"?

To where her place is - means to concentrate, after the practise where she was not "on", it is nothing to Sochi.

Sometimes it happens that when your take off is too huge and you push yourself to a fast rotation (to be sure that three turns will be finished before landing the jump), you overrotate that jump (because your rotation in the air is fast as usually or a little bit faster, but your jump is higher, so you spend more time in the air). So instead of planned triple jump, she overrotated it and did a half turn more.
Quad is not planned.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
To where her place is - means to concentrate, after the practise where she was not "on", it is nothing to Sochi.

Sometimes it happens that when your take off is too huge and you push yourself to a fast rotation (to be sure that three turns will be finished before landing the jump), you overrotate that jump (because your rotation in the air is fast as usually or a little bit faster, but your jump is higher, so you spend more time in the air). So instead of planned triple jump, she overrotated it and did a half turn more.
Quad is not planned.
Oh, ok, phew (relief!)
I wasn't sure if it would be bold or desperate of her to try a quad! ;)
Thanks for clarifying :)
See how easy it is to understand something the complete wrong way? I understood "to understand where is my place" as "to remember that I'm only Number 3 within the Russian girls" :think:
Do you happen to have any information on Bobrova/Soloviev and their FD? I know they're not competing in the EC, but I posted that question in the "Programs-for-2013-2014-season" thread where I'm not sure you'll see it!
Have Bobrova/Soloviev confirmed that they'd go back to last year's FD? I've read this in different threads on this forum, but I haven't seen anything that I'd call "definitive" yet.
Does anyone have some insider information? I'd be surprised if they could just close the entire rink to everyone for weeks, so if they were practising to last year's music, people would know, right?

sisinka

Final Flight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqZud2CfwC4

Report from Russian TV:
Lena said that she was watching Nikita fighting with twizzles and thought towards him: Stand, stand, stand! And then she fell herself.
Nikita said that Olympics are one month later, that they already forgot everything, that they have not many time to work on physics and technical side of programs. They don’t want to remember those silly mistakes, they want to make everything on 100%.
Mozer says (talking about Tatiana and Maxim) that she likes when there is a chemistry between couple, a relationship and when every movements good from the soull.
Julia says that she is like everybody else, not an iron lady, that it is important to work and then everything will be OK. (she reacts to opinion that she has nerves from iron).

Lena on the cover of Men’s Health:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=zoak4l&s=5

Lena and Nikita in Vogue :
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2z5838x&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=21oau5l&s=5

sisinka

Final Flight
Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov – interview from 17th of January:
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/14386.html
…Max: “World records are not so important, a medals and victory are important.“
…Max: “We were reserved in the beginning of the program, but at the end we improved in second mark (presentation)“
…Max: “Maybe it would be better to come on the ice and believe in ourself more. But today, we didn’t do anything worse than at practise.“
…Max: We will try to win free skate and let all surprises and misunderstanding stay in year 2013.
…question whether did they know that S&Z made a mistake..Max: “Yes, But that couple is a such high class and simply a legend in World Figure skating that they are getting high marks in every case. So we can’t look at their mistakes, we ourselfs can‘t skate badly. We with Tatiana skate together for three years, many people alredy get used to us and take us like leaders, but we don’t have such experience in skating with each other.“
…Max: “In this time, we are ready on 70%.“
….before European Championships there were training in Sochi and Krasnodar – Max prefers warm place swith sun more then Moscow where is a snow and cold weather.

sisinka

Final Flight
Vera Bazarova & Yuri Larionov – interview from 17th of January:
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/14384.html
…Yuri: “We are satisfied with our program, but we will not show any emotions yet, everything is in front of us (a free skate). “
…Vera: “Tomorrow there is a free day for us, it is an insidious day, so we have to concentrate twice more. “
…Yuri: “There is such time schedule…but the conditions are the same for everybody, so we will get ready and concentrate for this.“
…Yuri: “It was important to come on the ice being quite, without useless ideas in head. “
…Vera: “We concentrated not on some places, but on our skating, our elements. We very succussful in not loosing concentration. At Russian Nationals we placed second – after this we did not put an attention on final placement, but instead we concentrated and corrected things which we didn’t do at Nationals. “
…about Vera landing triple toeloop…Vera: “It is short program only, be still it is a half of competition. After toeloop successfully landed I started to concentrate even more, I thought that now I couldn’t give up, I kept a control to the end of program.“

Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov – interview from 17 th of January:
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/14387.html
…Fedor: “The most difficult were expectations, we had to wait until all other couples skated and we had to find how to spend a time, how to dissipate a time. I heard that Tanya and Maxim skated well and I had an idea that we would skate well too (smiling). Nothing unpredictable happened, so it means that we also should skate like always.“
…there was a collision during step sequence at practise…Ksenia: “It was very unexpected.“… Fedor: “During step sequence, it happened to us for the first time. There is a difficult moment when we cross and it is a dangerous, but until that practise we never had a collision in that step sequence. But today we were better concentrated.“
..if they were under pressure because other couples skated clean programs… Fedor: “Last European Championship learnt me, today I didn‘t watch anybody (smiling). I was just sitting and waiting, only hearing reaction of the audience, so I could guess if couples skated well or not. But I didn’t know their marks, generally, I am learning from my mistakes.“
…Ksenia: “At practises before Championships we were trying the schedule – one day we skated short program, next day a rest, and third day a free skate.“ Fedor: “Yes, they mobilized us so much that we are ready to skate anytime – at night, in the morning (smiling).“

sisinka

Final Flight
http://sochi2014.rsport.ru/sochi2014_figure/20140118/716059757.html
Gorshkov says that final decision will be made in one week, 21th of January - Plushenko will have a test skate, 22th of January – there will be a meeting of commission, 23th of january – final decision will be announced.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/14438.html
Lakernik says that Voronov is a great athletes, he proved that if you didn’t give up – you can get a result. Kostya Menshov didn’t skate well in short program similar to Nationals, and skated very well in free skate. To talk about Kovtun – it is difficult. Maybe they wanted to much from Kovtun, he is just 18 years old. Both coach and skater didn’t fulfil a task. European Championships made the final decision for Olympic nomination more difficult. For him Voronov became a serious candidate.