Juniors Talk | Golden Skate

Juniors Talk

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
Since the Junior Men's SP was last night, and the Junior Ladies and Junior Pairs are tonight, I figure it's time we start a thread.

Junior Men's SP:

Nathan Chen - Super impressed with him, he's incredible. I'm happy he stayed at the Junior level for another year, because I think 14 is too young for males to move up to Senior. I know that he's getting a lot of flack for not moving up to Senior, but I think his coaching team made the correct decision. Nothing worse than peaking too early! He reminds me of a little Patrick Chan. Certainly, he'll be a star some day! Does anyone know what kind of blades he has? They look different to me....

Jordan Moeller - Wow, what a 3lutz/3toe combo! I like the maturity of his skating, I could watch him all day. What an unfortunate couple of falls. (freak fall in the footwork & fall on the 3loop). Without the mistakes, he would have been in 2nd I bet. Best of luck to him in the long. At least he's not completely buried after the short, he still stands in 6th place. I'll look forward to hopefully watching him in his Senior debut next season!

Nicholas Vrdoljak - That 3toe/3toe looks like it could easily turn into a 4toe in the future. Beautiful hang time in the air. Positioned nicely in 3rd after the short. He had a positive GOE on all of his elements.

Tony Lu - The only other man to attempt the 3axel in the short besides Chen. Great attempt too, just a little turn out on the landing.

I'm really looking forward to the Junior Pairs and Junior Ladies SPs tonight! (especially Tyler Pierce)

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
Does anyone know what kind of blades he has? They look different to me....

I know he used MK Revolution blades during his novice years but he may have changed by now.

As for his skating, Chen's technical levels stand out more than his jumping. It's the same for Vivian Le at the novice level. It's such a huge advantage over his competitors.