Wednesday | Golden Skate

Wednesday

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Congrats to Amber Glenn and the jr ladies who did well, especilly to Brandie who skated to one of my fav. Pieces of music. Once again, the BCEC was full to overflowing. Faryn is here from the Greensboro LOC and has assured me there will be none of this monkeybusiness of having main events like novices at some contrived venue. Sen, jr and novice will be at the main arena where they belong. And the on scene practice ice will be for them.
The pitch at the TD is fine. The seats are old, dirty and in many cases ripped. I will post pics. Padding is barely adequate on the permanent seats and less so on the bolt in ones in the ends and corners. The T D is located above a rail station and No one I grabbed knew how to enter the arena. And they all wore uniforms. I asked for a supervisor and he took me to a staircase near Dunkin donuts. I should say something positive about it and you can walk around the concourse and sit where you want, at least for today. Ate at Salvatores. Very nice but go to legal test kitchen first.

waxel

Final Flight
I too thought TD Garden was a bit shabby, but after BCEC it feels like the Ritz if just in terms of seat space and access.

Concessions look dicey, and it is indeed, tough to find your way around. I didn't shuttle over- maybe that will make things easier?

Saw some of Sr. Men's practice. Did not see Jeremy's run-thru, but saw him try and hit two beautiful 3 axels. Saw 4 quad attempts- all were worthy- two were beauties in combination with 3-toe.

Adam had an iffy practice (he was practicing LP). Great presentation- didn't see a quad attempt (but could be wrong). Did land 3 axel.

Joshua Farris didn't seem to try many jumps- many of the guys didn't, not sure if it was strategy or they were just off their game.

I heard Max and Jason had great practices- but didn't see them. I did meet Jason at BCEC and he is as charming and endearing as everyone has said.

Also met Ben Agosto. Very friendly and handsome.

Tomorrow--- SENIORS---- yay!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
:)Welcome to Boston ladies and gentlemen.....we take pride in our shabbiness.

i think you mean shabby chic lol. Everyone is here for the skating hopefully not to get drunk or the food. Such excitement - who will be the third woman or will Wagner or Gold falter miserably? Will finally one of the men stand up? And those dang pairs will someone make a name for themselves? Who will be the second and third dance team and who will be the odd team out. And will Zueva be in the US coaching three teams or in Canada? Or can she some how swing int to do both? Rumour has it she will go to the u S championships so does this mean she favours Davis and White? Has she lost faith in V and M? or maybe she wants D and W to have gold since V and M already have gold? Will her son show up and why? Such intrigue. Of course another whack while something we don't want would certain stir the pot some more. While this may not e the strongest American oly team it sure is interesting. No one has really declared themselves the clear front runner in singles - though I guess Wagner may be the best claim so far.

Joubabe

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yes, shabby-chic. Can't wait to get started at the Garden today!!

I watched ladies practice last night. Ashley owned the rink. I don't see her losing her title. This is the first time I saw Gracie skate live. I was blown away by her beauty and her skating. She looked a little nervous, but she had a good practice. I didn't see her fall, maybe just a step-out here or there. I think she doubled her combo in the run through but landed it the rest of the time. Mirai had problems with her jumps and was frustrated, but she was landing them by the end of the practice. Christina looked strong but her jumps weren't always there. Courtney landed most of her jumps, but had some misses. Ashley Cain seemed to be struggling. Agnes looked very fit and prepared. I was impressed with her skating. She had some jump mistakes which hopefully she'll leave at practice. I didn't see Samantha miss any jumps, but I'm not a fan of her style. She looks like she's really muscling her jumps. Polina ran through her program without the jumps, so I can't comment too much. She was on the ice with Ashley so I wasn't paying that much attention. I'm excited to see Franchesca Chiera skate. I thought she was very striking and had beautiful jumps, but nerves caused her to make mistakes on her run through.