Chock/Bates
Ponomaryova/Altukhov

Group 4
Davis/White
Aronow/Brubaker
Nardozzi/Traxler
Kriengkrairut/Giuletti-Schmitt
Heritage/Fast

Groups 3 and 4 look to be the most interesting, with all 5 possible Olympic teams divided between them. (Fixed)

ForeverFish

Medalist
I hope that you are not dismissing Kriengkrairut/Giuletti-Schmitt. I count at least five potential Olympic couples.

You're absolutely right -- I completely forgot about them. :bang: My mistake.

So, 3 of the 5 potential Olympic teams are in Group 3, and 2 in Group 4.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Hoping Nick Traxler and partner skates well... he was injured earlier this week according to his instagram. :no:

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
I hope Kriengkrairut/Giuletti-Schmitt do great! Ive always enjoyed them :) also wishing Meryl & Charlie and the Shibutanis the best of luck at Nationals

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Just a point of information
The "Draw" started with 13 teams. After the first 8 are drawn, the top five teams from last year's Nationals are then added to pool to make the final 10 for Groups 3 and 4 after the ice remake. I'm not sure why they do it that way, since under the new system, the order should not make a difference. Maybe they help the coaches of the elite teams to stay with their skaters during off-ice warmup.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I'm not sure why they do it that way, since under the new system, the order should not make a difference. Maybe they help the coaches of the elite teams to stay with their skaters during off-ice warmup.

You do watch what's been going on in reality over the years, right? ;)
Inflating their marks during a competition is a right the judges are not willing to give up. Even when a competition is only comprised of 8 skaters/pairs or less, then, they just speed up the process.
It's like company cars or free donuts during coffe break to them basically! :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
‏@icenetwork
For those who are interested, we've got senior short dance warmups on the "intermediate" stream: http://www.icenetwork.com/video/v31290797 #Boston2014
7:19 AM - 10 Jan 14
https://twitter.com/icenetwork/status/421662670404587520

Caveat: IN subscription required, it seems.​

Just a point of information
The "Draw" started with 13 teams. After the first 8 are drawn, the top five teams from last year's Nationals are then added to pool to make the final 10 for Groups 3 and 4 after the ice remake. I'm not sure why they do it that way, since under the new system, the order should not make a difference. Maybe they help the coaches of the elite teams to stay with their skaters during off-ice warmup.

Thanks for the scoop.

caitie

Medalist
I'm listening/watching at times this stream from icenetwork. There's no video except backstage interviews, but there is live analysis and information about the elements/scoring.

http://www.icenetwork.com/video/v31294655

ETA: There's some really informative analysis from Judy Blumberg, I think?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
So would anyone say Aldridge/Eaton have an outside chance at the third dance spot? I mean, Davis and White are going barring injury and I know Shibutani/Shibutani, Chock/Bates, Hubbell/Donohue, and also Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt are the 4 primary contenders for the other two spots, but could Aldridge/Eaton take one with a high enough placement?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Let's just say I highly doubt it. I would say they are being positioned for the next quad. Young blood and all that. They still really are in search of their own style, but they certainly have plenty of potential.

I'd say, all things considered, it's going to be a three way race for two spots. Marlie would have to disappear off the planet to lose their spot, and I doubt we're going to see The Great Rapture in the next few days. Just a thought...

caitie

Medalist
Well, H/D are competing right now and I think their score will tell us more. Sounds like they made a mistake during the Finnstep, hope it isn't costly.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Let's just say I highly doubt it. I would say they are being positioned for the next quad. Young blood and all that. They still really are in search of their own style, but they certainly have plenty of potential.

I'd say, all things considered, it's going to be a three way race for two spots. Marlie would have to disappear off the planet to lose their spot, and I doubt we're going to see The Great Rapture in the next few days. Just a thought...

Yeah, it's unlikely. But the pairs SP results made me think.

caitie

Medalist
Okay, well H/D got a 66.69 so no, I think the Olympic team is out of reach for Aldridge and Eaton.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Eek. I'm having slow-loading issues again even with the log-in to view requirement. Urgh.