Senior Ladies SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies SP

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
wow very low score for agnes, did u guys hear the crowd boo and someone screamed shame on you to the judges... agnes looked devestated olympics bye.. was she underscored?

mice

On the Ice
Christina Gao - long sleeve burgundy dress, handkerchief skirt.

Big cheer for Boston girl Christina!

Wow, she gets a lot of speed quickly.
3T 3T - gorgeous.
2A a little tilted in the air but lovely clean landing.
Sit spin
3L and she lands it!
Lovely layback....haircutter...biellmann needs a little more stretch
The crowd is really getting behind her
Little falter in the step sq but she's back...wow and again. Saved herself from falling.
She has beautiful lines in her spins.

A lovely skate. She seems happy. Mirai and Christina have really thrown it down for the other girls!

I wonder where the judges will place her. I would think between Mirai and Ashley Cain.

60.91 and she is in 3rd.

Gracie Gold - red with sweetheart neckline, off the shoulder, silver sparkle detail. The Dancemoms high sock bun!

Gracie looks so, so nervous. I hope she skates well.

3Lz 3T - huge!
Layback nicely centered
This sp music is a big improvement on what she had earlier in the season.
3L - sits back a little on landing but she got it
2A - nice!
Step sq good
Final spin and she looks really pleased.
Partial standing O

I think she'll get scored through the ROOF.

72.12 and she is in 1st. The judges are going to score Ashley 100 pts in the SP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah Miller - in appropriate fireybird attire!

Opens with a spin
3Lz2T with hands above head
3F
Nice positions in her layback...haircutter...losing speed a little on the biellmann
Lots of movement throught the step sq
This music does NOT do it for me. It's so frantic!
2A - fall

She looks disappointed in the KnC.

57.49 and she is in 5th.

Kiri Baga - black/grey sparkly with crossover back and handkerchief skirt.

3T 2T - with hands above
3S - huge!
Flying sit
Camel - nice stretch, sit, crazy position, I spin
Spiral and split jump
2A - nice
Crowd clapping along with the step sq
Layback...haircutter...biellmann - fast!
She looks happy!

54.02 and she is in 10th.

Ashley Wagner and her bouncy ponytail - :)

3F2T and she hops out a little
Great speed on her flying sit spin
Nice spread eagle
3L and the crowd loves it!
2A
She really knows how to sell a program, this step sq is excellent. Other ladies, take note!
Layback to finish

She seems like such a genuine person. "Triple triple next time!" she says in the KnC.

64.71 and she is in 3rd. Wow. I thought the judges would have her at the top.

Agnes Zawadski - in royal blue with lots of silver detailing

3T 3T - huge!
popped her lutz to a double
Nice arm position in the layback...haircutter...losing speed a little in the biellmann
2A - really low on the landing but she hangs on
I do really like the way Agnes performs. She really commits to the choreography.
Interesting positions in her final spin.
She looks relieved!

54.18 and she is in 11th. There are some really loud boos from the crowd and she is about to cry. Wow. Poor Agnes. I would have had her in 6th.

Samantha Cesario - red dress with lots of gold detail. She looks gorgeous!

3L2L - landing a bit wonky
3F
Slows right down in her biellmann and nearly falls out of it
2A - big and clean
She has a great connection to this program and music. Really enjoy watching her.
Love the step sq
Great final spin.

A really nice skate.

lilshorty

On the Ice
Whoa. Agnes is in 11th place with Cesario and Edmunds still to skate. Her score was 54.18. She doubled the lutz which was her solo jump, but had a clean 3T+3T and clean 2A.

Looks like no Olympics for Agnes. :(

mice

On the Ice
Polina Edmunds - in bright yellow, ruffly skirt

3Lz 3T - huge but she telegraphed it a LONG way out
3F - lots of spring!
Lovely lines in her camel spin.
Interesting positions in the layback and lovely biellmann
God she has long legs!
2A - great
The little sweeper girls are dancing by the boards. Haha.
Some nice choreo to end!

A standing O for her. Wow!
Now, where will the judges place her?

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Whoa. Agnes is in 11th place with Cesario and Edmunds still to skate. Her score was 54.18. She doubled the lutz which was her solo jump, but had a clean 3T+3T and clean 2A.

Looks like no Olympics for Agnes. :(

Wow. The USFSA is not playing around this time.

Sad to hear that Ashley didn't do her 3-3, but the score seems to be fair.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Pre-Olympics Nationals, proving that ANYTHING is possible. I don't think I'd expect it to be Gracie/Polina/Mirai after the SP. Imagining Ashley will pull up to a medal, but wonder what USFS will do if she doesn't. Will they pull a "2 time reigning Champion/GPF medalist + 2 high worlds placements" and put her in front of others? Hmmm.

mice

On the Ice
I don't see Ashley being left off the team regardless of where she places. She is the US number 1 and has the experience and focus to compete under pressure. Polina is a lovely skater but I would be highly surprised if they send her if she finishes top 3, in front of either Ashley, Mirai or Gracie.
Gracie's score is through the roof. She has been given enough of a buffer to win gold hands down in my opinion.

lilshorty

On the Ice
Edmunds is in second after the short program at her Sr. Nationals debut! Gracie and Mirai round out the top three in 1st and 3rd respectively. Ashley's in fourth, but I suspect she'll pull up in the long program to the detriment of either Polina or Mirai. Gracie has a solid lead with 6 points over Polina. She ain't going nowhere. She's a lock for a podium finish UNLESS she implodes in the LP.

As badly as I want to see Gracie, Polina, and Mirai all make the Olympic team, I would be heartbroken for Ashley if she placed 4th and missed out on the Olympics AGAIN.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Even if Ashley is in 4th, she's going to the Olympics (just my prediction). She's the US ladies' best bet for a medal in Sochi -- the federation would be fools not to send her.

burntBREAD

Medalist
I have to say, Mirai was lowballed a bit on the PCS! She got some in the 5s and low 6s -- she did sell that presentation today quite well and her SS is always good.

swurvestar

Rinkside
Am I the only one that's actually excited at all these surprises? It's making Nationals much more interesting that's for sure!

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I have to say, Mirai was lowballed a bit on the PCS! She got some in the 5s and low 6s -- she did sell that presentation today quite well and her SS is always good.

I agree, I'm so happy that Mirai bring back her great personality and her joy of skating :yay:
She was skating like a world class skater tonight!!

I would have put her 2nd in the SP.

Mirai is back!!!

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I agree, I'm so happy that Mirai bring back her great personality and her joy of skating :yay: She was skating like a world class skater tonight!! I would have put her 2nd in the SP. Mirai is back!!!

Now that I am able to get back on the boards lol, I do to. That Mirai magic came back!