Senior Pairs FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs FS

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think maybe they need to invest into a bigger server to handle this much traffic.

leafygreens

Final Flight
Not sure what you are trying to say re the team event.

Different pairs could skate the team SP and the team FS -- if the USFS chooses to use up one of its two substitutions. (Substitutions are allowed in a maximum of only two of the four disciplines.)

:agree: Agree re sending Zhang/Bartholomay!

Does that mean that a country's team could include up to TEN athletes? If two different pairs and dance teams do short and free.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Is this the thrid olympic in a row where the heavy fave pair team didn't make it? (Orscher&Lucash, McLaughlin&BRubaker and now DenneyCoughlin)?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does that mean that a country's team could include up to TEN athletes? If two different pairs and dance teams do short and free.

Correct.
And it means that up to THIRTY skaters could take home Olympic medals from the team event :yay: -- compared to only eighteen who will medal in the individual disciplines.

xzchief

Rinkside
Yes, the board is slow.

Might I suggest require a log-in before being able to read the forum. That is, no lurking allowed during peak periods. Should reduce the traffic and increase the forum speed.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yes, the board is slow.

Might I suggest require a log-in before being able to read the forum. That is, no lurking allowed during peak periods. Should reduce the traffic and increase the forum speed.

That's already in place and it's still not helping much.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Yes, the board is slow.

That's how it is right now, I thought (I had to log in before accessing the forum during "peak season").

Since USFS has gone on Nationals results in the past, I believe that Castelli/Shnapir and Zhang/Bartholomay should be sent to Olympics. Z/B had a higher TES than D/C and it's not like D/C are any better in the PCS department.

ghislaine

Rinkside
I am astounded that Denney and Coughlin won the free skate. Zhang and Bartholomay were amazing and their elements were so much more effortless.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Since USFS has gone on Nationals results in the past, I believe that Castelli/Shnapir and Zhang/Bartholomay should be sent to Olympics. Z/B had a higher TES than D/C and it's not like D/C are any better in the PCS department.

You're absolutely right. But the US Judges saw that a little differently: D/C got 66.96 PCS in their gift basket today while Z/B got 63.82. That's 3.14 points less.
Which, by itself, is a travesty. :disapp:

samson

Medalist
Finally watching the pairs free on NBC. D/C were good, I don't adore them. If they had gotten in the top two there would be no question about who gets to go... I have to say I would understand the impulse to send D/C but then again... they didn't bring it when it counted... however they seem to have a little more momentum internationally then any other US pairs right now.

Feel really bad for Leng and Leduc. I really like this team a lot. I loved them last year, and I can see how they've improved this year. I really really hope they use this free skate as inspiration and a building block. Especially when you've only been a competitive team (with not much exposure) it's really really hard to follow a performance like D/C. But I agree with Sandra, if they can stick it through and let themselves marinate they can have a lot of potential.

You're absolutely right. But the US Judges saw that a little differently: D/C got 66.96 PCS in their gift basket today while Z/B got 63.82. That's 3.14 points less.
Which, by itself, is a travesty. :disapp:

The judging (not just in Pairs) has been :disapp: indeed.

sweetskates1

Medalist
As much as I still resent D/C for their crappy treatment of a talented pairs skater - and as much as I dislike their brash/classless style - I think that they could do more for the US than Z/B. The latter are a pair of nobodies that have not done anything to prove that they are great yet. D/C are cat-like and technically strong at least.

samson

Medalist
I'll wait until I see Z/B to make a final final decision, but even with the mistakes, I really like Castelli and Shnapir. I have to say, I agree with the free skate placement, but I still feel like Castelli and Shnapir deserved to finish ahead. Their lifts are better, they have a nicer flow, better lines, more interesting transitions and for the first time this season I feel like we saw a connection from them.

Even though the free skate still isn't perfect, I feel like they have improved this routine SO MUCH since the grand prix. Instead of fizzling out they managed to build to the end.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Agreed Samson; C/S are becoming greater and they are unique - not lovey-dovey but interesting and adult-like..

I'll wait until I see Z/B to make a final final decision, but even with the mistakes, I really like Castelli and Shnapir. I have to say, I agree with the free skate placement, but I still feel like Castelli and Shnapir deserved to finish ahead. Their lifts are better, they have a nicer flow, better lines, more interesting transitions and for the first time this season I feel like we saw a connection from them.

Even though the free skate still isn't perfect, I feel like they have improved this routine SO MUCH since the grand prix. Instead of fizzling out they managed to build to the end.

samson

Medalist
Ok I think Z/B should go to Sochi with Castelli and Shnapir. I'm honestly a little surprised that the final standings are so close between 2 and 3, I guess I'll have to look at the protocols. I guess they're really going to be looking at who can score best internationally - and based on history that would be D/C no question. But then again, I kind of feel like D/C haven't improved that much, while C/S and Z/B have...

On another note, can we take a second to acknowledge the skating season Amanda Evora has had? First Battle of the Blades and now this. I was just as happy for her in the kiss and cry as I was for Z/B. It feels like she's really finding her true mark in skating.

dardar1126

On the Ice
C/S are growing on me...I like them more now that I've learned about them, and have seen more of them (pairs gets scant coverage on broadcast TV).

D/C didn't fall apart, but I sure didn't think they WON the LP! :disapp:

I was pleasantly surprised by Z/B...enjoyed their program, cheered for them at the finish! :yay: Glad they won silver...although it may not get them to Sochi.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I'll wait until I see Z/B to make a final final decision, but even with the mistakes, I really like Castelli and Shnapir. I have to say, I agree with the free skate placement, but I still feel like Castelli and Shnapir deserved to finish ahead.

The former might help to be able to judge the latter! ;)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USFS will send nationals #1 and #2.

Oh, I hope you're right.

But, I take it as an omen that USFS tweeted the following two hours ago:

"Remember, this is not an Olympic trials. The Olympic team will be chosen and announced in two press conferences tomorrow. Boston 2014"

Not making the twitterverse happy.

#sendfeliciaandnate beginning to trend.