2014 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance FD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance FD

edenlover

On the Ice
What a thrill. What a joy. I remember watching them win their first national championship in Cleveland when Tanith and BEn were out of the competition because of injury. What growth. What passion.

samson

Medalist
I was sobbing after that. I'm a bit of an emotional mess these days, but I felt like I just watched Michelle win her 10th national title.

They got a 60 perfect score for PCS, and I have to say I actually don't think they were over scored...

riceplate

On the Ice
Holy S!
That first lift was exquisite!! And I love that they went back and put the exit of the their spin to the beat of the music.

Ya knew Davis/White will surpass their own int'l record at Nats with that performance. :p

edenlover

On the Ice
Chock and Bates OMG again. THey were so musical and so powerful and did such justice to wonderful music. This has been a wonderful hour of skating. As Dick B would have said, "Simply the best." We are strong in this field. I so wish I had sprung for the bucks to go to Boston this year.....

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Oh wait. The Men's FS is tomorrow. I was wondering how they'd fit two more disciplines in tonight. Oops.

I like Chock/Bates' FD. It works for them in terms of the Les Mis theme.

starryxskies

On the Ice
D/W are just so exciting!! I loved the enthusiastic crowd during their last minute.

C/B has a pretty powerful FD, I gotta say.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I wish Russia could give all its spots the us! I/k wouldn't have even made the top 6 or 7 here! And r/t lol. B/s? Lol.

samson

Medalist
C/B were great too! Just a delight and so well deserved into second. They have improved SO MUCH since the grand prix. It almost makes me wonder if they might be a spoiler to get into the top 6 at Sochi?

I do think when you look at the other top teams in the world they don't fully have that chemistry yet, but it sure is coming along.

I thought Hubbell and Donahue were magnificent tonight. Honestly it's hard for me to decide if I preferred them or the Shibs. I feel like H/D are so authentic and have this extraordinary chemistry, but the Shibs routine is so dynamic. In any event it looks like the judges made a choice and frankly I'm not surprised this is the podium.

Damn, I was hoping Hubbell/Donahue could finally pass over the Shibs. Meh. :(

At least they got the higher TES in the FD.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I thought that S/S should have placed higher... C/B are so boring, I dread seeing them skate their FD. H/D were good tonight but S/S were much more awesome and deserved 3-4 points more. C/B may have the best lifts after D/W but that is about it. Everything else is done better by either H/D or S/S and exponentially greater by D/W. D/W are the greatest ice dancers ever - did I say that above? :love::yay::clap::laugh:

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
I hope Davis/White and Chock and Bates did not leave their Olympic performance on measly Nationals ice (Kwan was notorious for this). I think those were the two best performances of any team in any competition this whole season.. by far!

samson

Medalist
^That I doubt. Meryl and Charlie have a way of building building building after nationals. Frankly they were amazing, but I think even in that near flawless routine I saw room for improvement, and knowing them I'm sure they do too.

Chock and Bates have Igor as a coach. I'm sure for them it's the same game.

dardar1126

On the Ice
Chock and Bates OMG again. THey were so musical and so powerful and did such justice to wonderful music. This has been a wonderful hour of skating. As Dick B would have said, "Simply the best." We are strong in this field. I so wish I had sprung for the bucks to go to Boston this year.....

I agree...great ice dancing...I enjoyed every program in its own way; absolute faves were D/W, C/B, H/D. :clap:

Matilda

Medalist
Meryl and Charlie are unbelievable! :love:

I'm heartbroken for Madi and Zach, however. I like the Shibs, but think H/D should have beaten them in both the SD and FD here. In the SD Alex had a bad bobble--both had lovely, crisp edges and good speed. Their FDs are very different from one another, but while the MJ program is fun, I think Madi and Zach's FD is absolutely fantastic, and they skated it lyrically and with emotion--and their lines are so lovely! :love: I hope they will at leat be sent to the worlds, that Madi heals well, and that they come back fighting for a place in the 2018 Olympic team.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Agreed Samson!!! I am so absolutely ecstatic right now - since Michelle Kwan retired I have not felt so emotional about any US skater and with D/W I feel a double dose of happiness and appreciation!

^That I doubt. Meryl and Charlie have a way of building building building after nationals. Frankly they were amazing, but I think even in that near flawless routine I saw room for improvement, and knowing them I'm sure they do too.

Chock and Bates have Igor as a coach. I'm sure for them it's the same game.