Kaetlyn Osmond, ANY kind of threat? | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond, ANY kind of threat?

bellafurr

On the Ice
Look,this board is an American run board so why don't you start a thread titled we know Canadians can't skate and their marks are always inflated but not the Americans, that way you canput all your insults on one thread. By the way did watch Europians. What a great skate from the winners.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ALL Nationals are inflated! Gold's were inflated, Osmond's were inflated!

Some wag DID compare Osmond's Nationals marks favorably to Sotnikova's Euro marks and couldn't be talked out of it.
No one did that with Gold's Nats marks.

We'll all find out in about a month where our skaters stand.

wallylutz

Medalist
Look,this board is an American run board so why don't you start a thread titled we know Canadians can't skate and their marks are always inflated but not the Americans, that way you canput all your insults on one thread. By the way did watch Europians. What a great skate from the winners.

Chuck is referring to me as a Wag but I am not sure what it means either, likely a pejorative but I could care less. He has been screaming and shouting in this thread seen his use of big caps here and there, which is unusual because he is usually not this agitated. The only logical explanation I can see is that he is worried about Osmond's potential and that's why he is being so defensive about so many people, especially from outside of Canada expressing how impress they are with Kaetlyn Osmond. She has a growing fan base internationally as many have already stated here in this thread, which is unusual for a skater who has yet win any World medal or major championship. And one thing some Americans hate more than anything else is being best by Canadians, that's why there is no shortage of jealousy and negative posts towards Canadian skaters. It's hard to explain but Canadians are a little too similar to Americans and it has always been said Americans are their own worst enemies. If an American is defeated by a Russian, no big deal, it's expected. But the Russians are very different - they are the natural and most worthy opponents who have always been known to be respectable competitors. A Canadian being World Champion or Olympic Champion is like an eye sore as it evokes intense jealousy that no other country can provoke. Even when Joannie Rochette was skating, Phil Hersh once referred to her chances in Vancouver as such: "Her only chance of defeating Kim was if Kim were to roll on the ice over and over and do nothing." while simultaneously, Phil Hersh elevated Rachael Flatt into Kim's closest competitor by citing Flatt winning the FS in Skate America over Kim. It's quite ironic when you think Canadians and Americans are very close and many members of the recent Canadian National teams are in fact Americans such as Piper Gilles, Bryce Davidson, Kaetlyn Weaver. Let's just attitude like Phil Hersh's is very prevalent here. At least with Chan, these people have a somewhat legitimate excuse. With V/M, they attack Scott Moir openly and insult Tessa by stating she is fat. Pairs receive no hate because Americans are hopeless in that discipline so the Canadian pairs are somewhat spared. As for Osmond, hohoho, how dare you try to compete for glory in the only discipline that matters in America. Anyway, this is complicate and obviously not everyone act like this. But there is enough of them to create this impression that even an innocent little girl like Kaetlyn Osmond is being attacked and hated. The best thing is just to ignore them and shove it down their throat with actual results.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, yeah, Kaetlyn has us all a-quakin' in our boots so hard down here that up there in Canada, they think it's an earthquake, eh?

waterblades

On the Ice
wally I think you are bang on with your statement! I hope this helps others understand. The hate that seems to be thrown at Katlyn is disgusting. I hope all the ladies skate their best and the best skater wins!

spikydurian

Medalist
Wag is often used to refer to bimbo girlfriends or wives of well known footballers in Australia. Not sure whether this term is common in N. America and how it applies to Wallylutz who I am aware is a man. Sadly, what Wallulutz said is true IMO even to a bystander like me from the other side of the globe.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Please show me all the words that show hatred. I have always treated Kaetlyn with respect.

In American slang, a wag is a person who talks foolishly.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
This is getting silly guys, as we love Canadian skaters in America. Shall I begin with Orser? Then it was Kurt, then it was Elvis, Toller, Joannie...Sale/Pelletier. Canada is practically our largest state.:laugh: We were once very similar in most ways. We are more melting pot now than European. I love so many skaters from Canada. Orser won that free skate. Loved how fast he jumped in the air.

This is NOT a usa dominated board. The owner is American, I believe, but that is it. I think there are at least right now more Asian members than Americans. Scott Hamilton always had the good Canadian skaters knowing we US skating fans loved them. I can't believe anyone would think we do not love and support Canadians. We went nuts when Sale Pelletier got a gold too. Gee. Olympic season and the word hate comes up again. Depressing, really. :cry:

eta. I really need to use my glasses, sorry, fixed typos. I have 5 pair bifocals and they are all missing lol.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
gkelly is an extremely well-informed, intelligent person who never talks nonsense. He knows a great deal about the technical side of figure skating. He says what he has to say and doesn't get involved in side discussions or senseless arguments.

Maybe we should all follow his example!

spikydurian

Medalist
gkelly is an extremely well-informed, intelligent person who never talks nonsense. He knows a great deal about the technical side of figure skating. He says what he has to say and doesn't get involved in side discussions or senseless arguments.

Both have very different styles IMO. Both are highly knowledgeable. That is why I find them both highly interesting.

wallylutz

Medalist
This is getting silly guys, as we love Canadian skaters in America. Shall I begin with Orser? Then it was Kurt, then it was Elvis, Toller, Joannie...Sale/Pelletier. Canada is practically our largest state.:laugh: We were once very similar is most ways. We are more melting post now than Eiuropean. I love so many skaters from Canada. Orser won that free skate. Loved how fast her jumped in the air.

This is NOT a usa dominated board. The owner is American, I believe, but that is it. I think there are at least right now more Asian members than Americans. Scott Hamilton always had the good Canadian skaters knowing we US skating fans loved them. I can't believe anyone would think we do not love and support Canadians. We went nuts when Sale Pelletier got a gold too. Gee. Olympic season and the word hate comes up again. Depressing, really. :cry:

What you said is also true, there are many wonderful American fans who love any good skaters or good show. This is why I deliberately and clearly bolded and underlined the word "some" and I quote :

And one thing some Americans hate more than anything else is being best by Canadians, that's why there is no shortage of jealousy and negative posts towards Canadian skaters.

If it doesn't apply to you, kudos to you. :) Those who do know who they are, no need to shame them in public or stating the obvious.

wallylutz

Medalist

gkelly is a she, fyi.

We are different individuals, and her style is different to mine. I will always be me, some people will like it, some won't. I am more passionate, she is more straight to the point. Some will find her style more appealing I am sure though the contrary can also be true for others.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I rarely agree with Sky FLy who is is rude and insulting to Kaetlyn. I respect Kaetlyn as a skater and think she has a great future, but think some of the hype and current expectations are way over the top. I don't see her as an Olympic medal candidate, for example, but do see her in the top 10.

BTW, I don't see Gracie Gold as an Olympic medal candidate, either.