Kaetlyn Osmond, ANY kind of threat? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond, ANY kind of threat?

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
emdee said:
Thank you .... the hate bashing mostly comes from the same source! Osmond is a beautiful and talented skater that has a way to go before she challenges. I wish that she has two memorable skates and a top ten finish.

Yes, and we know this source so well...but it's still annoying to read. The missing 3Lo sadly really hurts her chances. But on the other hand, her choerography and transitions are top notch! Same for Performance and Interpretation, so she can put all her energy into upping her technical arsenal. It's going to be exciting to see how much she can develop in the coming season. I really hope she'll be one of the top ladies in the next quad :)

millie

Medalist
Kaetlyn is not expecting to win gold. She is going to the Olympics to skate her best and try to get in the top 10. Gracie is going to the Olympic expecting to win gold and with that comes pressure, job or not....Gracie will likely have a meltdown. Osmond has the presence on the Ice compared to that of Whitt. Please don't count your chickens before they hatch.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie is NOT expecting to win gold. Her goal is to DO HER JOB: land her jumps and perform her program the best she possibly can. Since she switched to Frank Carroll, that is her focus, and that is what keeps her nerves out of the picture. There will not be a meltdown.

Kaetlyn, however, is capable of a meltdown. She had one at 4CC 2013 and, inexplicably, at WTT 2013.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Gracie is NOT expecting to win gold. Her goal is to DO HER JOB: land her jumps and perform her program the best she possibly can. Since she switched to Frank Carroll, that is her focus, and that is what keeps her nerves out of the picture. There will not be a meltdown.

Kaetlyn, however, is capable of a meltdown. She had one at 4CC 2013 and, inexplicably, at WTT 2013.

Plenty of skaters have had meltdowns, including Gold with two meltdowns this season after leading.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

this
and all Osmond's meltdowns are Non home ice - there will be no inflation for that too ;)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think people also forget that Osmond was set back by injury when making derisory comments about how she's not a threat. It's actually pretty remarkable how she skated at Canadian Nationals considering her form earlier in the season. I'm not a huge fan of her FS quite yet though... it doesn't scream contender to me, but as mentioned, she's a fighter and can place well if others make mistakes (and let's be honest, everyone has had good and bad skates this season).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think people also forget that Osmond was set back by injury when making derisory comments about how she's not a threat. It's actually pretty remarkable how she skated at Canadian Nationals considering her form earlier in the season.

how many times do I have to tell you
home ice nationals inflated scoring is not counted

she's a figher ? so what all other skaters are fighters
Carolina, Gracie, Mao, Yuna, Julia, Polina, Zijun even Adelina etc.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
CanadianSkater was not talking about her scores but HOW she skated. She skated better than I was expecting too. She looked like a skater still in need of training and competition experience but she fought through.

I don't know why I'm bothering though. Go and giggle at how upset you're making everyone for pretending to have such strong feelings against a good, second-tier skater.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn is not expecting to win gold. She is going to the Olympics to skate her best and try to get in the top 10. Gracie is going to the Olympic expecting to win gold and with that comes pressure, job or not....Gracie will likely have a meltdown. Osmond has the presence on the Ice compared to that of Whitt. Please don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Can you point me to an interview where Gracie said she expected to win the OGM? The interview I saw with Kwan, she was pretty modest about her Olympic goals.

Rami

Rinkside

Kaetlyn had an ankle injury at 4CC 2013 and was getting treatment to it before and during the trip to Japan. See: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...e+skating+worlds+spotlight/8086588/story.html

Alvyne

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Everyone is capable of a meltdown at any competition, even Yuna. Let's face it, the Olympics are the biggest event of a skater's life and the pressure is enormous. I think it's pointless to speculate how so and so is going to do. Favorites have faltered before and others have risen to the occasion. We'll just have to wait and see.

I just don't understand all this hate towards Katelyn though. If she is such an non threat, why are people so determined to prove she's bad?

emdee

Final Flight
Everyone is capable of a meltdown at any competition, even Yuna. Let's face it, the Olympics are the biggest event of a skater's life and the pressure is enormous. I think it's pointless to speculate how so and so is going to do. Favorites have faltered before and others have risen to the occasion. We'll just have to wait and see.

I just don't understand all this hate towards Katelyn though. If she is such an non threat, why are people so determined to prove she's bad?

Exactly! Well said!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

backlash to the overhype Osmond got last season
she was being bragged and touted to crush all the wonderkids and Gracie yet didn't happen at all

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
backlash to the overhype Osmond got last season
she was being bragged and touted to crush all the wonderkids and Gracie yet didn't happen at all

Right. Because if she actually performed well you would totally be saying great things about her.

This "backlash" is only the rage by select few individuals who probably haven't accomplished even half as much in their own lives so they feel the need to insult or attack her. It's okay sky_fly... I'm sure your mother still thinks you're awesome.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I don't get your point. Worlds was over a month after 4CC, and Osmond had more time to recover.

so she was injured twice then ? meltdown at 4CC and then another injury at WTT meltdown ? :unsure:
hard to believe all her injuries were at timing with non home ice

no she was clearly overhyped last season
still recalled the hype that she was the future Canadian in the next season and quadrennial
and how she crushed Sotnikova and Tuk in the rankings who were "finished" and that she was the most promising because she is done with all the growing :disapp:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
so she was injured twice then ? meltdown at 4CC and then another injury at WTT meltdown ? :unsure:
hard to believe all her injuries were at timing with non home ice

And Gracie didn't have a meltdown losing to Li and Gao, and placing 6th?

And who are you to say who is injured at what point or not? Plushenko competed well on home ice at 2013 Russian Nats and then was injured at Euros on non home ice. So suspicious! :sarcasm: