Senior Men's FS - 2014 U.S. Nationals in Boston | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's FS - 2014 U.S. Nationals in Boston

lavender

Record Breaker
I'm a Jeremy/Jason fan and I'm glad Jeremy won. He deserves his win and yes the short should count. Jeremy deserved that 99 plus score. As much as I love Jason he's just one step under skaters like Jeremy, Dai and Chan. I'm just soo happy Jason got past Max and now my 2 gems are going to the Olympics.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max looks miserable in the press conference.....

Big, big hugs to Max. I hope that he feels proud of his skates in Boston. Very inspiring young man.

Congratulations to Jason and Kori! And to Jeremy and Yuka.

Selene

On the Ice
Jason Brown received way overinflated PCS marks. He will not come close to those marks at the international level. I would have preferred Max Aaron have placed second and made the Olympic team. At least he has the technical content to compete internationally. Jason does not.

I'm afraid we are going to see another Olympics with only Davis & White making the podium for the US. None of these other skaters stand a chance.

lavender

Record Breaker
It's probably not in the cards for Jason to make the podium in Sochi but neither is it for Max. At least this time most want to see the skaters that have made the team this year skate.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I must admit that this national championship was A MILLION TIMES BETTER than Omaha last year.

Gigi13

On the Ice
I'm so proud of Jason and Jeremy I love them both and I can't wait to see them at the Olympics! Good luck to both! :love:

diane044

Rinkside
Jason Brown

Music: "Reel Around the Sun" by Bill Whelan

Black velvet pants, green satin shirt, both w/ gold details

2A
3A+3T - solid
CCSp
3A - twofooted
CCoSp
StSq - audience lovin' it
3Lz+1Lo+3S
3F+2T
2A - crazy entry
3Lz - spiral entry, 'tano
ChSt
3Lo
FCCoSp - audience already standing on their feet!

Great skate, love the choreo and crazy transitions. He himself can't believe it!

Wasn't his skate mesmerizing?

But I have a question. Why don't the two 2As fall under the Zayak rule? I don't understand the rules, I guess. I thought you couldn't do a jump twice without one being in combination.

carriecmu0503

On the Ice
Did you forget that Evan Lysacek won the last Olympics?

I'm afraid we are going to see another Olympics with only Davis & White making the podium for the US. None of these other skaters stand a chance.[/QUOTE]

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well I don't think the U S committee will fiddle with the selection though argument could be made for Max of Jason it won't happen as Max was not that great on the GP. Very generous marking though I would suggest great for Jason he hit his 3A axels but if he misses them he could be like that surprising Candian skater Liam Firus and without the #a clean both could be penalized heavily in pcs - though Liam will get the worst of it as Jason at least has some skate cred with his junior medals and such.

Srin Odessa

On the Ice

But I have a question. Why don't the two 2As fall under the Zayak rule? I don't understand the rules, I guess. I thought you couldn't do a jump twice without one being in combination.

While you're only allowed up two 2As in the freeskate, skaters don't have to have one done in combination for you to get full credit for them. Only triple jumps and quad jumps are subject to the combination rule.

Icey

Record Breaker
I'm so proud of Jason and Jeremy I love them both and I can't wait to see them at the Olympics! Good luck to both! :love:

If they use the criteria they used for the ladies, will max replace jason? or has the team already been announced. I don't know enough about either of their records.

wallylutz

Medalist

Double Axel has its own rule since the 2010-11 season. Zayak doesn't apply. In fact, prior to 2010, you aren't limited in the number of 2A you can do. Zayak only applies to Triple or Quad jumps and supposedly, Quint as well.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
If they use the criteria they used for the ladies, will max replace jason? or has the team already been announced. I don't know enough about either of their records.

Team was announced about an hour ago. It's Jeremy and Jason.