2014 Canadian Nationals Senior Ladies FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Canadian Nationals Senior Ladies FS

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
Gotta love hater/trolls... One post and that's all you have to say???

Congrats to Katelyn on a well deserved 2nd Canadian championship - fought like a trooper through injury. Hope healing continues and you knock their socks off at Olympics!

"golden girl" can't jump 3+3 in LP LOL
Overscored through the roof.

Feel bad for Lacoste. Interesting to see who will get the second spot for OG

happyskate6

Rinkside
Huh. Akiko Suzuki also won Nationals with no 3+3 in her LP. She also scored over 10 points HIGHER than Kaetlyn. Just sayin'.
Kaetlyn was extraordinary tonight.
"golden girl" can't jump 3+3 in LP LOL
Overscored through the roof.

Feel bad for Lacoste. Interesting to see who will get the second spot for OG

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I am so happy for Gabrielle and Kaetlin. Both were gorgeous. It's true, Kaetlin needs at least one 3-3 in the LP. Even redo the 3T3T, but maybe a 3F 3T or better 3F3Loop...Kaetlin has a quality and joy in skating that's so rare. Good for her for coming back like this after injury. Great skating for both. Good luck in Sochi!

blue_ice

On the Ice
Gotta love hater/trolls... One post and that's all you have to say???
Whatever, the only reason I wrote because golden skate required to register due to high volume, before I was just a lurker. Too bad my first post was negative. I hope Osmond can jump in Olympics, because double-doubles are only good for Tim Hortons. I give credit to other girls who weren't afraid to attempt 3+3

jan

On the Ice
I believe triple flip/triple toe will be in place of the triple flip/ double toe. That's what she did in a summer competition.
I am so happy for Gabrielle and Kaetlin. Both were gorgeous. It's true, Kaetlin needs at least one 3-3 in the LP. Even redo the 3T3T, but maybe a 3F 3T or better 3F3Loop...Kaetlin has a quality and joy in skating that's so rare. Good for her for coming back like this after injury. Great skating for both. Good luck in Sochi!

kerufin

Spectator
If she needs to put a 3-3 in her program she has to either give up her 2axel3toe or put 3loop back in. But would be great if she can go for it!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
If she needs to put a 3-3 in her program she has to either give up her 2axel3toe or put 3loop back in. But would be great if she can go for it!
I know it's more difficult, but why should she drop 2A3T if she does something like 3F3Tin the same program? Is it not allowed or it's just too difficult?

kerufin

Spectator
I know it's more difficult, but why should she drop 2A3T if she does something like 3F3Tin the same program? Is it not allowed or it's just too difficult?

She already has two 3T in her program right now so she just can't put a third one without changing other elements.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Osmond should change the second double axel to a triple flip if she hasn't done it twice already. It doesn't matter really if she does a 2A 3T or3T3T as it still comes out the same jump content.

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I am really gutted for Lacoste. I hope she at least goes to 4C and leaves on a good performance there.

Still, liking Osmond and Daleman (and Mallet). I think those 3 could form a nice rivalry in the next quad.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
She already has two 3T in her program right now so she just can't put a third one without changing other elements.
Thanks! But does that count if the 3T is in combination? Now she does 2A3T and 3 T alone? Combinations are generally done with T or Loop. There are 3 combinations in a FP...

Scout

Final Flight
Neither Osmond nor Daleman seemed at all affected by the pressure of Nationals. They both has the right amount of attack and really went for it.

I love Mallet's calmness, her genuine smile, and the fact that she really seems to enjoy skating.

Chartrand had an ambitious technical program, which I loved seeing, and although she missed some jumps, she went for it.

I wonder if it'll be LaCoste, Chartrand and Mallet at 4CC...

I missed Julianne's skate, but she's also doing junior pairs. With her jumping ability, that should definitely benefits the SBS jumps!

kerufin

Spectator
Thanks! But does that count if the 3T is in combination? Now she does 2A3T and 3 T alone? Combinations are generally done with T or Loop. There are 3 combinations in a FP...

Her jumps in the program are 3F+2T, 2A+3T, 3Lz // 3S, 3F, 3T+2T+2T, 2A - there are 2 3F, 3T and 2A and she has maxed out what she currently has without a 3Lo. She has to put a 3Lo in if she wants to keep put in 3F+3T while keeping 2A+3T at the same time. Or she has to change the 2A+3T to 2A+2T to include a 3F+3T.

rain

Record Breaker
Neither Osmond nor Daleman seemed at all affected by the pressure of Nationals. They both has the right amount of attack and really went for it.

And that's exactly why Osmond is a champion — she has the nerves for it. She goes out there with a sparkling smile and you can see how much she's loving the opportunity to compete and perform. So many Canadian ladies in the past have not had this ability.

Daleman was great. Impressive technical content. She still needs work on the presentation side, but that can be learned and she has a great foundation. Exciting to see, and the Olympics and presumably worlds will be excellent experience for her. It would be fantastic to see a rivalry develop with Osmond and Daleman pushing each other.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I have no idea what in the world is going on in Canada. Seems like no interest on these boards. I think Osmond should be lauded but surely some careful planning she can get seven triples in. She just needs a bit more endurance. and if she can do the triple lutz like she did tonite she should do it in the short but if the flip is so much more ocnsistent then I can see why but the newer scoring really downplays the flip I think and emphasizes the lutz. Still nice work. And the dress is a huge improvement.

SGrand

Final Flight
Whatever, the only reason I wrote because golden skate required to register due to high volume, before I was just a lurker. Too bad my first post was negative. I hope Osmond can jump in Olympics, because double-doubles are only good for Tim Hortons. I give credit to other girls who weren't afraid to attempt 3+3

Does it require you to post as well???

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
Thanks for the reports everyone! I'm so frustrated that nothing was shown on CTV this year. This is the first time since I was 10 that I've had to miss the nationals. And I"m disappointed that there aren't any videos either on TSN's site (just highlights) nor YouTube. Last year's Nationals still aren't up. I'd think that CTV/TSN is taking them down as people put them up but this year's Skate Canada has videos up so I don't see why they'd care more about one competition than the other. I can't imagine nationals' ratings are significantly higher than Skate Canada's.

Anyways, congrats to Osmond and Daleman! I think they are the most exciting skaters in the post-Rochette era. Lacoste has a lovely, mature style but I find her so dull and a bit of that deer-inthe-headlights look at many of the competitions. I couldn't watch this competition so I can't comment on that, of course. I do feel badly for her about her most likely missing the Olympics. I"m also sorry to hear that Chartrand seemed to have a mini-blow up. I think she has to be the potential to be a good wing-man to the Osmond/Daleman team. I'm not familiar with Mallet though I think I CTV showed highlights of her skate during Skate Canada's broadcast. Our ladies will never have the depth of the States but I'm happy with the ladies rising to the top right now.

I hope Osmond can get that 3-3 into her repetoire soon. It's starting to become a requirement. Though this year her season has been bit of a toss due to her injuries. I"m sort of releived by that so hopefully Skate Canada and any crazy fans can keep the pressure and expectations off of her right now. I've always thought that 2018 would be the more realistic goal. She is already able to represent us well. I see her having a top 10 finish which would be fantastic.

martipellow2

Rinkside
Thanks for the reports here. Does anyone know what jumps Najarro completed in her LP? The protocols aren't up on the Skate Canada website, and I can't see any videos anywhere. If you pay for the Skate Canada streaming package can you watch all of the performances on archive? Or only the ones not shown by TSN? So frustrating, as ALL of the US Nationals performances are up on YouTube already.

sbstien

Rinkside
Thanks for the reports here. Does anyone know what jumps Najarro completed in her LP? The protocols aren't up on the Skate Canada website, and I can't see any videos anywhere. If you pay for the Skate Canada streaming package can you watch all of the performances on archive? Or only the ones not shown by TSN? So frustrating, as ALL of the US Nationals performances are up on YouTube already.

103,14 (!) for: 3T-2T, 2F, 3T, 2A-2T-2T-, 3S-2T & 3S

http://results.skatecanada.ca/liveresults/csslive_results.cfm?strSkater=0000706869&strSegment=261