2014 Canadian Nationals Senior Men's FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Canadian Nationals Senior Men's FS

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Has Patrick given up on the 3 lutz???? That is worth a lot more than the flip now a days I hope someone points that out to him. I guess he earned his spot to sochi. He really needs someone to go over maximizing points unless the 3 lutz is that bad - which I doubt it is because tacking on a 1/2 loop 3 sal isn't easy.

I don't get this... He landed both lutzes, including the 3S series (which was IMO the best I've seen him do that series).

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Chan's FS was not horrible by any means. He doubled a quad and put a hand down on his 3L. Still landed his axel and his quad. His SP was a mess but I'm certain he'll bounce back.

Mao wouldn't medal with her Nationals skates but she gets cut slack for a bad competion and she is still a favourite.

Yes, as he has in the past at Worlds (*chortle*). How long until AFTER Chan retires do we have to wait to have a rational discussion about how many World Titles he actually DESERVED?

(Also, Mao didn't win. So there's a pretty big difference in your comparisons, buddy.)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I don't think so. It hasn't gone as well of late, but since when does that mean that he's "given up" on it? :confused:

Yes, and Patrick knows that very well. It wasn't his best, but this is NATIONALS - no need to be perfect now. It's not like the U.S. men where there are several contenders and mistakes can take you completely out of the running. We knew Chan would win nationals; it was just a question of how well he would skate. The Olympics are always a whole new ball game anyway. Can't wait to see what happens! :popcorn:

Well Chan was better than the American men even than revived demi god Abbott. Jason Brown is great but if he doesn't land those axels he should be buried with that ponytail which is getting ab it tired. lol

Ravensque

On the Ice
I enjoyed watching Roman as well, emdee. He, I think, is someone to keeps tabs on, and he will only be 18 by the time the next Olympics rolls around....very impressive. I like Nam too...such a showman and now he has his 3Axel......good things to look forward to in Canada's young male skaters.

Mia_

Rinkside
I like Peter O'Brien. Very entertaining and great skating. Love how both programs are so different.

happyskate6

Rinkside
Sorry my fault!
To my eye it looked like his second lutz was a Flip. It really looked like a flutz to me...the protocols say otherwise, though. I was just trying to get the play-by-play up quickly.

emdee

Final Flight
I like Peter O'Brien. Very entertaining and great skating. Love how both programs are so different.

I also enjoyed Peter O'Brien. Saw him in Thornhill as well and his Nats skate was miles ahead ( as was Patrick's!) However I think that Roman has it all for the future ( except the Axel). He has good blade work and I think that Gregory Fillipowski has done a great job with him.
Nam needs to make the transition from a Kevin to a Patrick not always easy when he has been brought up in a different school. Working with Javier and Hanyu should help Nam greatly.

spikydurian

Medalist
I missed Peter O'Brien's. I must go back to watch his skates. I only watched the men's SP insofar. Love the two babies Nam & Ramon. I have been keeping a watchful eye on Ramon eversince I set my eyes on him!:) This kid is smooth and fast and definitely has lots of potential. Nam's 3A is becoming more consistent so he truly can skate with the 'big boys' now. And yes, they are only around 15yo so they can skate the next couple of quads!

I like Kevin's SP. It suited him so well. And I think he did a great job considering his unfortunate boot problems. It could have been worse. Kevin has really improved these years. He is known as a jumper but I am really appreciating his skating skills now. So much smoother.

Liam... holy moly. I have heard earlier that he has Patrick's skating style and boy, I agree totally now. The way he moves .. so Chan-like. His jumps other jumps (other than 3A) are powerful. Hope he gets his 3A because that is the least he needs in order to podium. If he gets his quads, then he can challenge the likes of Hanyu and Fernandez. Go Liam. I will be watching and supporting you.