Polina Edmunds | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Polina Edmunds

Parsifal3363

On the Ice
Short Dance this Evening

Polina has returned to this place where she had been before, but as though for the first time, for all that has occurred since then. The expanse of ice might be a pond frozen over, the seating only the forest glade in which it is set, and there are no spectators, so that their conversation is but the murmur of birds. Here, in this place of peace, she will skate beneath the soft light of the moon to the lively, well-remembered music of the Andalusian folk. Her baile will be true to it, her carriage proud, her arms long and expressive, as a ballet dancer’s, and her feet, with their shining blades, will mark out the complex rhythms of the songs. Only with the last beat will the spell be broken, the applause of the audience thundering down upon the ice. And this, too, is only as it ought to be, when she dances once again in this place, but as though for the first time.

Bella127

Spectator
Congratulations Polina for the beautiful and clean short program!!! You just keep on improving. So proud of you! :cheer: Praying and hoping for a clean long program for you, Gracie and Ashley so the US Ladies will have a chance to claim 3 spots for next year's World Championships in Boston, USA.

astronaut

Rinkside
I was just as puzzled as Polina obviously was as to why her score for her Worlds short wasn't higher. If the judges are going to hold her down no matter how good she skates, she has no chance at the bronze medal.Just saying.

Mike

Parsifal3363

On the Ice
Free Skate Upon Another

Polina wanted her long program to be balletic and lyrical and true to her own style. In this “Fairy Dance” of hers, she has all of that, something pretty and gentle and set to glistening music. Her dance is that of a woodland fairy, reveling in a growing love for all that is lovely. The dress she wears suggests the flowers among which her kind nestle, its color deepening towards the bell of a skirt with its variegated edge. Beneath the trees, she leaps and twirls, an ethereal being who weaves within this hidden glade a light which finds its source elsewhere. With gesture and step, she shapes and modulates it, as though it was something tangible. She is alone but not lonely, not while she has the light or this music she dances to. In the brief period between sleep and wakefulness, she turns to the dawn without fear, for here she finds the greater light which has always been her own. One dance will give rise to another, as she lives, but always as an expression of the light and always to be shared, as this one will be this evening.

Bella127

Spectator
I was really puzzled too. It's really frustrating to see how the judges keep underscoring her especially when she skates clean in comparison to others who didn't have a clean skate.

Her SP the other night was much better than her performance at the US International FS Classic last fall where she received her personal best score of 63.27. So I thought she would score higher than that. I don't know why she's getting lower PCS scores this year than last years when she's shown so much improvement.

I just hope and pray that she'll just keep on skating clean SP and Long programs like what Elena And Liza have done this season, then maybe the judges will finally give her the scores she deserves.

She's still so young and I'm looking forward to see how much improved she'll be by the 2018 Olympics. So much potential in her. :) I could see her and Karen Chen being the top 2 US Ladies in the next couple of years.

GO POLINA!!! :cheer: I hope and pray that you'll have a good and inspired clean skate tonight and finally get the scores you deserve.

Tonight will be interesting since I think for the first time in an international competition, Polina will be skating after Gracie and Ashley are done skating. I hope Polina, Gracie and Ashley fight harder tonight and move up enough to keep the 3 spots for next year's Worlds.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
quoting from Max Aaron's thread because Polina will be there too.

Bkgd:
Showtime on Ice is hosted by both Denver Figure Skating Club and Colorado Skating Club.
The guest skaters this year are Polina Edmunds and Max.
Four performances over three days.
The Denver Broncos and the Bowlen family (Broncos owners) are longtime supporters of the annual show, and in their honor, a portion of ticket sales from opening night (tonight) will be donated to the Alzheimer’s Association of Colorado.
A teen skater battling a spinal cord injury (from a March skiing accident in Colorado) is being honored on Saturday.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I am re-posting part of my report in Max Aaron thread that pertains to Polina here.

So we did go on Saturday, and kinda spent the rest of the weekend on a date so sorry for the delay. I think he liked it more than he expected.

Max was kinda kept under wraps as they expect him to be the draw i think. He came out and was introduced with Polina at the start for an intro but spin (well done and very fast) and then Polina did her 16 going on 17 exhibition. Then the little kids, then Max came out in his tux outfit for a number before Exhibition. They lined up all the teen girls on the ice and Had Max do down the line dancing with them. Very cute. But the outfit was not great for Max. Too much fluff in the form of an ascot on top did not let you see his body enough, he just got lost in it. But he was smiling like a mad man the entire time, his teeth are noticeable from the sidelines.

After Intermission we had Polina again doing an EX that I had not heard before. It was to California Dreaming, but NOT the Mammas and the Pappas. More of a rock version of it. I think it might have been this one. if not it was very similar in tone. She also did devil horns with her hands for her bow which I just loved. Honestly in many ways this was the highlight for me. She really seemed to enjoy this number, hell I am half hoping it ends up her SP this year. Honestly I like her a lot more now (i already loved Max). She was much more elegant and pretty on ice in person than on TV. No coltish gawky limbs, maybe part of it was in comparison to the other little ones, but really I was shocked how much more I liked her in person.

Go Devil Horns Polina!

Parsifal3363

On the Ice
A Birthday

If it was not the best of seasons for Polina, neither was it the worst. If there was disappointment, there was also hope shining ever more brightly for her travails. She had emerged into her young womanhood with nothing lost but her artistry all the more refined. The strength of will and courage remained, also an emotional transparency which is true to herself. There is no mask or artifice, but only a desire to give expression to that which is good and lovely. To this end, her technique has grown so harmoniously with her soul that one has become the revelation of the other.

May this process continue, then, may this day be one of joy for herself and those whom she loves, and may the coming years be ever more brightly illumined as this promise is fulfilled.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thx Doris.

That program really shows us her Russian roots. Love that Waltz :yes: What an interesting final position on the Beillman too.

Last edited:

shine

Record Breaker
Guys, I just finished updating Polina's OP

This was perhaps the most interesting thing I found!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5TMpeUYyos

2010 vid of a very young Polina from the Broadmoor open

Thanks!! I've been trying to find this program for some time now! This is precious!

I really love how Maria Klimova has helped develop her through the years. It's Russian romanticism fused with American preciseness. And I agree with Sam-Skwantch - she definitely skates very "Russian" in this program - more so than she does now, I'd say. Lovely musicality and balletic arms, as always.

Last edited: