Gala videos 2014 US Nationals | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gala videos 2014 US Nationals

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
John Couglin's dancing should be illegal.

"Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy"....really?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It was heartbreaking to watch Mirai. I'm glad they showed it. I love her Golden Pond program.

So fun to watch Max again. His exhibition was one of my faves. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm glad he's going to Worlds. (And you all know I'm a Jason uber.)

Ohhh ... so verklempt for Mirai and Max. Glad that the crowd (incl. you, Mrs. P ;)) showed lots of appreciation for them.
(I like Jason very much, but I am thrilled that Max is going to Worlds, where I hope/believe he will give us his best yet.
Jason might end up at Worlds this year, and no doubt will be at future Worlds [multiple times] ... now that we know he plans to skate for eight more years.)

Loved seeing Zhang/Bartholomay.

Wish that Lipinksi et al. had given both sides of the Shibutani story: that Alex relies on Maia just as much as the other way around. Alex often gives Maia credit for her maturity and unwavering support for him.

(Why is NBC re-showing Abbott's free skate???)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ah, I'm happy for Jeremy. It was a special moment to see him skate for one last time on Nationals ice.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ah, I'm happy for Jeremy. It was a special moment to see him skate for one last time on Nationals ice.

Sorry, not trying to rain on Abbott's parade. [Surely NBC is going to show Abbott's gala program as well??]
Just seemed strange to me to use up time during the gala broadcast to re-air any of the competitive skates from anyone.
If time was built into the broadcast for extra stuff, I'd rather see more interviews -- with Mirai, Max, etc. And/or some coverage of top juniors.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Chock and Bates have the same gala music as Ashley? Huh. (Not that I don't like the song.)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Gracie's free skate was impressive technically, but can't say I'll be putting this on repeat on YouTube. She however should be proud of her efforts here.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Gracie's free skate was impressive technically, but can't say I'll be putting this on repeat on YouTube. She however should be proud of her efforts here.

I kind of wish she'd get rid of the blue mesh on top of her dress for a more skin-toned color.

I still think Jason's, Felicia and Nate's, and Amber Glenn's Kiss and Cry moments were more awesome.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I kind of wish she'd get rid of the blue mesh on top of her dress for a more skin-toned color.

I still think Jason's, Felicia and Nate's, and Amber Glenn's Kiss and Cry moments were more awesome.

Agreed!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Mrs. P, I guess the gala is airing on the west coast at the same time as the east coast?

I know that NBC must be skipping over some of the performances ... do you remember any super-special ones from the live show that have not aired on the telecast?

(I guess NBC decided to repeat all the winning free programs, except Castelli/Shnapir.)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mrs. P, I guess the gala is airing on the west coast at the same time as the east coast?

I know that NBC must be skipping over some of the performances ... do you remember any super-special ones from the live show that have not aired on the telecast?

(I guess NBC decided to repeat all the winning free programs, except Castelli/Shnapir.)

Looks like they skipped the junior/novice winners. None of them were particularly memorable, a la Karen Chen fan dance.

dardar1126

On the Ice
So fun to watch Max again. His exhibition was one of my faves. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm glad he's going to Worlds. (And you all know I'm a Jason uber.)

Ohhh ... so verklempt for Mirai and Max. Glad that the crowd (incl. you, Mrs. P ;)) showed lots of appreciation for them.
(I like Jason very much, but I am thrilled that Max is going to Worlds, where I hope/believe he will give us his best yet.
Jason might end up at Worlds this year, and no doubt will be at future Worlds [multiple times] ... now that we know he plans to skate for eight more years.)

I'm so happy for Max, too! :yay: He skated his best of the entire season at Nationals, and I look forward to him building on these programs heading to Worlds!! :agree:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Chock and Bates have the same gala music as Ashley? Huh. (Not that I don't like the song.)

it was worse in 2008, three skaters/teams chose the same song... which is why Evan chose to skate something else...

ETA - anyone find Jason's exhibition on youtube yet? I wasn't too keen on it (my dad loved it)... but a friend wants to see it...

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
it was worse in 2008, three skaters/teams chose the same song... which is why Evan chose to skate something else...

ETA - anyone find Jason's exhibition on youtube yet? I wasn't too keen on it (my dad loved it)... but a friend wants to see it...

Look on the first page, haha. I found a fancam of it last weekend.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Can someone please upload all the gala performances from the broadcast to YouTube and post a link to the playlist here? (I wonder how long they would stay on there though :laugh:) I don't care for the commentary, but the quality is always so much better if the upload is from a TV broadcast as opposed to a fancam. I rarely miss skating on TV, but today I was so busy that it completely slipped my mind. :disapp:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Another question for Mrs. P or for anyone:

Did USFS hold a closing banquet in Boston for the skaters?
I know that it would not be something that fans could attend, but usually official and/or unofficial photos are circulated. Don't recall seeing any ... or did I somehow totally miss the boat?

(Thx for answering my previous question, Mrs. P.)

I so happy for Max, too! :yay: He skated his best of the entire season at Nationals, and I look forward to him building on these programs heading to Worlds!! :agree:

:agree: And I'm glad that Japan is hosting Worlds, where spectators give the skaters from all countries such a warm welcome.
(Only wish that Mirai were joining Max.)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grrrrr i blew it and ran out of tape and didn't get the last 80 minutes taped. Serves me right for not getting another tape that i knew had enough time left on it. :mad: At least IN will have it up in the next or two.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Another question for Mrs. P or for anyone:

Did USFS hold a closing banquet in Boston for the skaters?
I know that it would not be something that fans could attend, but usually official and/or unofficial photos are circulated. Don't recall seeing any ... or did I somehow totally miss the boat?

(Thx for answering my previous question, Mrs. P.)

:agree: And I'm glad that Japan is hosting Worlds, where spectators give the skaters from all countries such a warm welcome.
(Only wish that Mirai were joining Max.)

They did have a closing banquet, I believe. Here are a few photos:

http://instagram.com/p/jHSj6FEjT9/ (Jason and Polina, posted by Polina)
http://instagram.com/p/jNkTUiy7ri/ (Gracie and Maia, posted by Maia)
http://instagram.com/p/jNYwdPS7tT/ (U.S. Olympic Team, posted by Maia)

Not related to the banquet, but Polina Edmunds posted this very nice photo of her and Jason at the end of the Gala: http://instagram.com/p/jTIgGVEjT0/
As I'd said elsewhere it was one of my favorite moments -- the two young ones holding the flag, excited to represent Team USA!