Five Favorites for Olympic Gold in Women's Figure Skating at Sochi 2014 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Five Favorites for Olympic Gold in Women's Figure Skating at Sochi 2014

Ven

Match Penalty
Some posters who post nothing but anti-Yuna hatred, I hope for their sake they are at least being compensated by an opposing federation or something. :)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Some posters who post nothing but anti-Yuna hatred, I hope for their sake they are at least being compensated by an opposing federation or something. :)

This is so typical of Yuna bots. Suddenly it's anti-Yuna hatred if someone even dare to say another girl can approach Yuna's PCS.

Peach

Rinkside
Mao's PCS at GPF was 34.91 which is very close to 35. This tells me that if Yuna or Mao skate clean, their PCS is going to be at least 35. I don't see Adelina or Julia getting 35 even if they go clean. Adelina MIGHT hit 34, but that's still 1 point difference between her and Yuna/Mao. It's still ridiculous that Adelina is virtually getting the same PCS as Carolina though lol.

minze

Medalist

Yuna hatred: strong words. Who? quote please, because I have not seen the Yuna hatred. Also, Ven before you go around accusing other posters of hating your favorite, check the posts you have written before because it is not like you very kind to......

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Stop calling someone bot since you're even worse :rolleye:

You're favorite Caro was beaten by Russians even she went clean so you are too busy to claim all of the top skaters will be in danger as same as Carol now, I guess that way of imagine must make you feel so much easier to accept the reality, poor honey :laugh:

Hence why the butthurt is so strong for this poster who has been boasting for over a year, nobody, not even Yu Na or Mao, can ever hope to beat a clean godly Kostner, LOL! His/her fantasy regarding Kostner has been punctured, so time to move on in desperation to pumping the likes of Lipnitskaia beating a clean Kim (ROTTTFFFLLL) even when last year this poster was saying constantly Julia was nothing thrash and should be nowhere near the Russian Olympic team and should retire.

mskater93

Record Breaker
The favorite isn't suppose to always win. Otherwise Michelle Kwan would have two Olympic gold medals. If it was up to the power of wanting she would also have Olympic gold. The Americans are sure that Gracie is capable of this...where's the proof. She has crumpled under pressure before and with so many other matured skaters that are in the mix, she is bound to crumble again. She does well on home ice with all the gushing and fanfare but it's a different story in Sochi. Osmond has a good a chance as Gracie to medal. P

You are crazy if you believe that Gold and Osmond have a similar chance. The BIGGEST difference between Gracie at competition before Nationals and Gracie at Nationals is the training plan and sports psychology piece that Frank Carroll has brought to her game. Since he didn't have a lot of time before her GP events to start working that aspect with her, it didn't really come through at SC or NHK, but they had two solid months of Carroll's training plan and method. Her focus and "eye of the tiger" look when she was announced and left the boards to take her starting place was totally different than anything I've ever seen from her, and I've been watching her a LONG time.

millie

Medalist
First of all, I am not crazy to think that Osmond has a good of a chance as Gold. Osmond had her mind set on going to Olympics to skate her best and second she doesn't need a sport psychologist to get her through her program. She has nerves of steel. Gold needs a sports psychologist in order to get her through her programs. Sports psychologist can do so much, but when they get on the ice with the big guns, they usually falter.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
First of all, I am not crazy to think that Osmond has a good of a chance as Gold. Osmond had her mind set on going to Olympics to skate her best and second she doesn't need a sport psychologist to get her through her program. She has nerves of steel. Gold needs a sports psychologist in order to get her through her programs. Sports psychologist can do so much, but when they get on the ice with the big guns, they usually falter.

So is that why Gracie is 4-1 head to head against Osmond?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She has nerves of steel. Gold needs a sports psychologist in order to get her through her programs. Sports psychologist can do so much, but when they get on the ice with the big guns, they usually falter.

nerves of steel ?
yeah right nerves of steel at WTT and 4CC :rofl:

Osmond has never skate clean outside of home ice !

RABID

Final Flight

Robin Cousins said about the difference between Rachel Flat and YuNa Kim was that the effort with Rachel was plain to see and with YuNa everything looked so easy. And Osmond? She is working for everything and it is quite visible. However, she is vivacious and that is a definite plus, but Gold is also. But then the effort is also visible with Gold as well. They are both at the beginnings of their careers and I don't see any reason why Osmond can't improve like Gold has. It is too soon to say one way or the other. Osmond had stumbled the end of last season and that carried over to the beginning of this season but then she bounced back strong at her Nationals . Forget all the hyping and dismissing; I am going to give it a year before I dismiss one and coronate the other.

millie

Medalist
Robin Cousins said about the difference between Rachel Flat and YuNa Kim was that the effort with Rachel was plain to see and with YuNa everything looked so easy. And Osmond? She is working for everything and it is quite visible. However, she is vivacious and that is a definite plus, but Gold is also. But then the effort is also visible with Gold as well. They are both at the beginnings of their careers and I don't see any reason why Osmond can't improve like Gold has. It is too soon to say one way or the other. Osmond had stumbled the end of last season and that carried over to the beginning of this season but then she bounced back strong at her Nationals . Forget all the hyping and dismissing; I am going to give it a year before I dismiss one and coronate the other.

Rapid, you are the voice of reason and I agree with you but As Osmond said on our local radio station that she is not thinking about getting a medal at the Olympics but skating her best and getting in the top ten. On the other hand Gold is expecting gold and with that comes pressure, pressure she probably can't handle.

CarneAsada

Medalist
Hence why the butthurt is so strong for this poster who has been boasting for over a year, nobody, not even Yu Na or Mao, can ever hope to beat a clean godly Kostner, LOL! His/her fantasy regarding Kostner has been punctured, so time to move on in desperation to pumping the likes of Lipnitskaia beating a clean Kim (ROTTTFFFLLL) even when last year this poster was saying constantly Julia was nothing thrash and should be nowhere near the Russian Olympic team and should retire.
FlattFan still hates Lipnitskaya. Have you seen the more recent posts about how he/she will stop watching the nasty leftovers once the skaters in the Sochi batch retire? :laugh: Seems like he/she is being alarmist more than anything.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
The advantage of having a 3-3 is to be able to put another triple in, to have a 7 triple program. However Yuna does not have another triple to put in---she doesn't have a triple loop. That's why she has the lowest base value among the top ladies. So it all depends on how the judge think, the GOE and the PCS, that's what Yuna depends on. I love Yuna's skating, but to be honest, Yuna's transition is not that good and she has about the most cross-overs comparing with other top ladies. But she does have great speed, power, and command of the ice. So Yuna win or not is really in the judges' hands, not her own hands. I don't think it's fair for Yuna to get higher PCS than Mao, they should be much closer, especially when Mao has more intricate choreography and better lines and better spins. I'm not a uber fan for any of the skaters. For this Olympics, I'm feeling about the best are Yuna, Mao, Caro, Zijun(if she's as good as last year at World), Akiko, Gold, and Julia. I wish all of these skaters skate their best. Whoever get on the podium I would be just as happy. These are my pick for medal contenders.

If Yu Na hits her 3-3s (and she almost always does) she will win. In fact, she will probably win even if she misses the 3-3 in the short program. But with both 3-3s, she can make at least 2 non-fall mistakes and still win. A fall at the Olympics, especially in the long program, would be more problematic if this were not being judged under COP. But as we have seen with Patrick a fall is not fatal to a gold medal anymore, even if competitors skate clean.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
FlattFan still hates Lipnitskaya. Have you seen the more recent posts about how he/she will stop watching the nasty leftovers once the skaters in the Sochi batch retire? :laugh: Seems like he/she is being alarmist more than anything.

No I havent seen that. That is pretty funny. This poster is so contradictory, troll motivated, and hate filled it sounds just about right.

According to FlattFan I guess if we have an Olympics where Ando somehow is brought in as an injury sub for Murakami and everyone skates cleanly, Kim will finish about 9th. After all this poster has already insisted Asada and Kostner skating cleanly would always easily beat a clean Kim, even the Vancouver version. However now apparently Sotnikova and Lipnitskaia are added to that list, but this poster also stated Lipnitskaia would have no hope of beating a clean Tuktamysheva or Radiaonova before the year so by extension add them too (we will just imagine Russian with given 2 extra host spots, since we already dealing with an individuals fantasy World anyway). 35 year old Michelle Kwan skating cleanly would of course beat Yu Na with her Olympics wild card, and this poster has already said Gold and Suzuki probably beat a clean Kim too so now we are down to about 10th. Kim must be the luckiest skater ever to win all those major titles and have World record scores nobody even skating 50 competitions each over the years has ever approached, when she would be lucky to scrape out a top 10 finish even with her best if others so much as skated cleanly, LOL!

yuki90

On the Ice
The advantage of having a 3-3 is to be able to put another triple in, to have a 7 triple program. However Yuna does not have another triple to put in---she doesn't have a triple loop. That's why she has the lowest base value among the top ladies. So it all depends on how the judge think, the GOE and the PCS, that's what Yuna depends on. I love Yuna's skating, but to be honest, Yuna's transition is not that good and she has about the most cross-overs comparing with other top ladies. But she does have great speed, power, and command of the ice. So Yuna win or not is really in the judges' hands, not her own hands. I don't think it's fair for Yuna to get higher PCS than Mao, they should be much closer, especially when Mao has more intricate choreography and better lines and better spins. I'm not a uber fan for any of the skaters. For this Olympics, I'm feeling about the best are Yuna, Mao, Caro, Zijun(if she's as good as last year at World), Akiko, Gold, and Julia. I wish all of these skaters skate their best. Whoever get on the podium I would be just as happy. These are my pick for medal contenders.
The lowest base value among top ladies? Are you kidding?

In SP, YuNa and Gold got the second highest BV

Both SP and FP, YuNa 61.82 Adelina 62.28 Akiko 61.04 Caro 59.83 Gold 65.48 Julia 65.78

you see, How desperately YuNa depends on GOE and PCS.

Mao's base value is 70+ but her 3A's success rate is 0% so far in this season.

Do you think Caro, Akiko has more difficulty than YuNa?

Well, YuNa's LP is full of Choreo between jumps, Her step is great as anyone as among ladies.

Let's talk about transition. what are trasitions you think Mao has more than YuNa in her LP?

yuki90

On the Ice
No I havent seen that. That is pretty funny. This poster is so contradictory, troll motivated, and hate filled it sounds just about right.

According to FlattFan I guess if we have an Olympics where Ando somehow is brought in as an injury sub for Murakami and everyone skates cleanly, Kim will finish about 9th. After all this poster has already insisted Asada and Kostner skating cleanly would always easily beat a clean Kim, even the Vancouver version. However now apparently Sotnikova and Lipnitskaia are added to that list, but this poster also stated Lipnitskaia would have no hope of beating a clean Tuktamysheva or Radiaonova before the year so by extension add them too (we will just imagine Russian with given 2 extra host spots, since we already dealing with an individuals fantasy World anyway). 35 year old Michelle Kwan skating cleanly would of course beat Yu Na with her Olympics wild card, and this poster has already said Gold and Suzuki probably beat a clean Kim too so now we are down to about 10th. Kim must be the luckiest skater ever to win all those major titles and have World record scores nobody even skating 50 competitions each over the years has ever approached, when she would be lucky to scrape out a top 10 finish even with her best if others so much as skated cleanly, LOL!

:laugh:

Horizon

Rinkside

Uhm yuki already cleared up much about the BV so I will just add a bit on the transition.

SP:
Foot-sq before 3lz-3toe
Spread Eagle before 2axel.

LP:
Foot-sq before 3lz-3toe
Ina bauer before 2axel-2toe-2loop

And her coreography is also well received and widely praised as well as her lvl4 step sequence+lvl4 spins.

So yes judges are the ones who are going to decide the medals but I can't agree with you that it's all up to the judges, it's really up to Yuna to skate with as little mistakes as possible.