SamuraiKike

Medalist
KLEPCOH, Marco SVK

Another baby boy on the ice
3S-3T probably < on 2nd jump
3Loop, nice height.
CoF Camel Spin
2A
Combo Spin, first one I see with decent speed.
Steps totally unrelated to the music
Flying Sit Spin

Zero emotion, empty choreo. He pumps his fist, at least he's content with himself.

Klepoch's posture, lines and carriage made Koll's look great and I didn't think you could get any worse... :p

This is only the first group and I am already beyond :mad: about a skater being overmarked on the PCS. :biggrin:

Koll probably got the highest PCS because there was a semblance of character in his program and he did a cantilever. Even though his basic skating, posture, lines and carriage were absolutely appalling. And when you have a character-driven program, it helps to actually show some character. :p

SamuraiKike

Medalist
2nd Group

Ali Demirboga TUR: Been around for a while, always hanging around late twenties placement
Kristo Forgo HUN: Didn't win nationals but the champion didnt met the TES scores.
Matthew Parr GBR: Got really lucky with his country qualifying for the olympic team event. Olympian by association.
Paul Parkinson ITA: Known to choke big time on major competitions.
Valtter Virtanen FIN: Last minute replacement for Matthias Versluis.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Koll was absolutely atrocious but in general, lower ranked men are about a trillion times more interesting than lower ranked ladies.

he did a clean 3Lz3T in warmup though. would have been different if he pulled it off instead of ending up with a fall and the easy 3S2T.

if anyone had a good working stream, please let me know.
the one that works for me only works with the low quality setting, otherwise the colours blur and it's unwatcheable... :no:

I am predicting Parkinson bombing. Italian Federation shouldn't have named him to the Olympics already (they did, right?).

Frenchie

Medalist
I am predicting Parkinson bombing. Italian Federation shouldn't have named him to the Olympics already (they did, right?).

Righini would be the far better choice, but according to their national ranking system (USA, Russia, anyone! ;) ) winning the NC wasn't enough. I guess Parkinson would have to really bomb for them to reconsider...

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I am predicting Parkinson bombing. Italian Federation shouldn't have named him to the Olympics already (they did, right?).[/Q]

I think Righini can't still compete so is either Parkinson or Bacchini. Major boming potential with both so why not send the guy who hasn't been there already.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is it just me, or did anybody else find that the first 2 streams I listed froze in the middle of that routine?

At the minute, the only one that's working for me is the third one I listed, and it's the one with the fuzziest picture!

спорт-2 Stream 3

CaroLiza_fan

Just to let you know that I checked during the adverts, and all three спорт-2 streams are working again.

спорт-2 Stream 1
спорт-2 Stream 2
спорт-2 Stream 3

I'm back on the first one (best picture quality)

CaroLiza_fan

SamuraiKike

Medalist
DEMIRBOGA, Ali TUR

3F-3t< steps out and hands down
3T
Sit Spin with no speed at all
2A
Crappy combo spin,
Struggling with the steps
Awful camel position

Oh boy he's a truly no teknik OES skater.
Turkish team sighting on the stands, all are quite yummy

I think Righini can't still compete so is either Parkinson or Bacchini. Major boming potential with both so why not send the guy who hasn't been there already.

Righini can compete for Italy and has done so already this season. ISU granted him a special exception.

Frenchie

Medalist

Righini would be able to compete, but right after the Italian Champs which Righini won, they stated that Parkinson was still ahead because of his (Ashley Wagner anyone) better body of work...
No idea how that's supposed to be accurate, and I don't think it's physically possible for Parkinson to ever beat Righini if they're competing in the same event.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
FORGO, Kristof HUN

Local kid getting lots of suupport
3T-3T very good
Pop
2A,
Flying camel
Steps well presented
Travelling combo spin
Cof Sit Spin

Shame about the pop but I think this boy has potential to be a semi decent euro skater, in a ala Kelemen, Cieplucha.

Forgo was great! Best presentation so far, by a mile. Decent basic skating, posture and refined and quite fluid upper body movement.

Shame he can't jump. :p (ETA: I take that back, it was a 3t/3t!)

And judges placed him below Koll on PCS. Seriously... :rolleye:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Righini would be able to compete, but right after the Italian Champs which Righini won, they stated that Parkinson was still ahead because of his (Ashley Wagner anyone) better body of work...
No idea how that's supposed to be accurate, and I don't think it's physically possible for Parkinson to ever beat Righini if they're competing in the same event.

LOL can we call it "pulling a Wagner", everytime a skater bumps another from the team based on vague previous results criteria :D