Men SP - 2014 European Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2014 European Championships

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
Icenetwork is now working, but I was on one of the Russian streams for a while. I had to uninstall my malawarybytes program to make it work, though. And there was a scary thing about download the ilivid program now to make it run faster. That's a bad virus.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Icenetwork is now working, but I was on one of the Russian streams for a while. I had to uninstall my malawarybytes program to make it work, though. And there was a scary thing about download the ilivid program now to make it run faster. That's a bad virus.

use a pop blocker or a mac ;)

SamuraiKike

Medalist
PARR, Matthew

Start with sit Spin, I love unusual beginnings.
Tries hard to sell the flamenco-ish choreo
Major Splatt on 3 Lz
3F-2T no flow
Combo Spin
Camel Spin
2A
Footwork sequence, I guess that was the highlight.

A on effort but the TES is not there.

Italian Federation actually had a clear criteria based on results so I can't really complain...

Hardly any relation to the music in Parr's program.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
lol - he did land one more clean jump than I expected him to... (1)
But then, I didn't expect him to step out of the spin, so let's call it even :rolleye:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
PARKINSON, Bonifacio ITA

He looks like the Riddler on that costume
4S< attempt, splat
3A saved it
Low level campel spin
3Lz
Cof Sit Spin
Another Footowork sequence to techno arrangement
Messes up on last spin.

I don't know why they think that going techno in the middle of a clssi music program is a good idea.
At least he didn't bomb.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
VIRTANEN, Valtter FIN

3F almost falls and sits on the ice.
2A
3Loop-3T splat on second combo
Camel Spin
The step sequence lasted forever.
Flying Sit Spin

No real attempt to show some charachter and this music demands it.
Clearly out of form understandably since he didnt knew he was coming until days ago

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
As I was saying... :p

He even blew the combination spin...

I hate to keep on bashing the poor olympian guy, but... it must have been the word "combo" that stressed him out ;)

About him having more "italian qualifying points" than Righini: he had several low-class competitions where he performed badly, compared to Righini who couldn't compete for Italy until recently, and once he could, got far better results than Parkinson.
So I guess this is a good example of how it can be complicated to install a system of points to qualify for the Olympics, as is being discussed a lot in the US now: there are unfortunate situations where the points don't tell the whole truth...

About him having more "italian qualifying points" than Righini: he had several low-class competitions where he performed badly, compared to Righini who couldn't compete for Italy until recently, and once he could, got far better results than Parkinson.
So I guess this is a good example of how it can be complicated to install a system of points to qualify for the Olympics, as is being discussed a lot in the US now: there are unfortunate situations where the points don't tell the whole truth...

Thanks for the explanation. It's very unfortunate. :(

SamuraiKike

Medalist
ATANNASOV, Manoll BUL

3T-3T< hand down
Combo Spin
Nice entry into 2A
Soft steps
3 tano Lutz - good
sit Spin
Dramatic end pose

He showed real commitment to his choreo and moved to the music well enough. I think he should lead on PE and IN definetly.

who cares ? we can't understand him anyway
but I agree the raspy voiced old man was better

Wait, wait... You're not Russian? :eek:

I can understand quite a bit because Slavic languages are very similar. The older guy actually makes a lot of interesting, detailed observations and has a real love and a lot of knowledge of the sport. This guy just talks crap.

Florencito

Medalist
Feed died just after Parkinson's step out, of course he had to mess up a spin, jumps had gone too gonw for his standard :eek:hwell: Hope they'll send Bariev to worlds.

Atanassov is cute, do we have a pcs bonus for cuteness? :eek::

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wait, wait... You're not Russian? :eek:

I can understand quite a bit because Slavic languages are very similar. The older guy actually makes a lot of interesting, detailed observations and has a real love and a lot of knowledge of the sport. This guy just talks crap.

I can understand a little,
that old guys is always busy though he commentates for figure skating, gymnastics and rhythmic gymnastics so maybe he got sick, lol

luckyguy

Match Penalty
I want to kill the replacement Sport 2 commentator. Slowly and painfully.

I do not agree. This guy is better. He knows the figure skaters and the sport very good. And he do not speak so much like the other commentator.