Ice Dance FD - 2014 European Championships | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance FD - 2014 European Championships

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
C/L European champions!! :eek::eek::eek::love:

Only by 1.1 points. wow.
I feel terrible for I/K, given what level of criticism they'll face for that mistake.
But I'm really happy for C/L, they deserved it on tonight's performance, and this was the moment to give it their best, and they delivered! :agree:

elif

Medalist
Ilinykh/Katsalapov did get level4 step I think. This is very high TES with fall on the element.

Ilinykh/Katsalapov's lifts are amazing but the choreography still makes no sense to me. Great skating but it just seems incidental.

Ice Dance spots for 2015 European Championships

Italy - 3
Russia - 3
Azerbeijan - 2 (they have Porters but they are very far from earning the required TES)
France - 2 (only just!)
Germany - 2
Great Britain - 2
Lithuania - 2 (no second Ice Dance team)
Spain - 2

elif

Medalist
The fall was on the twizzles, not the step sequence

I know. Still this is very high. Before the twizzles their TES box showed 36.00. First step sequence looked good to me. Maybe they did get level4. We will see.

Frenchie

Medalist
this commentator really is pretty incompetent. He keeps on saying that the fall cost exactly 1 point, when it was within the twizzles, so they lost way more than that :rolleye:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Wow, so many opportunities for I/K and they keep messing up. sky_fly has a word for that, but since she likes them, I doubt she'll use it. :rolleye:

Hopefully this makes them stronger in the future; they're still young and have a lot of potential.

Clearly B/S have the strongest chance in Sochi for a Russian ice dance medal now over I/K.

I still can't believe Coomes/Buckland are the bronze medallists... Yes, their program was fun but it's like scoring Kim Lucine higher than Tomas Verner because you have enjoyed his program more...

Frenchie

Medalist
Ice Dance spots for 2015 European Championships
France - 2 (only just!)

Oh wow!
Didn't notice that C/J had dropped all the way to 13th... 13+15=28.
Anyone being just 1 place worse, and just 1 spot... wow.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Coomes and Buckland were a delight, so happy to see them make the podium!!!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
so one 10 for Elena and Nikita and it is for....choreography...I don't even know how to comment this

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I 'loved' how after she fell on the twizzles, Ilinykh basically gave up (as she usually does when mistakes happen) and just walked through the diagonal step sequence like it was a 6am practice session...

That actually ended up costing them as they only received a level 2 on the DiSt. A level 3 would have given them the win. :eek:hwell: