Ice Dance FD - 2014 European Championships | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance FD - 2014 European Championships

Oh wow!
Didn't notice that C/J had dropped all the way to 13th... 13+15=28.
Anyone being just 1 place worse, and just 1 spot... wow.

Yes, it was very close!

That actually ended up costing them as they only received a level 2 on the DiSt. A level 3 would have given them the win. :eek:hwell:

And *this* is I/K's real problem. Not that mistakes happen but that she just gives up (and he often loses his focus) when it does, instead of fighting on. This is not the first time this was the case. :bang:

But imagine she fought on, got Lv3 steps and won. People would go crazy over bad judging, Russian politics and so on and so forth.

rosacotton

Final Flight
Many congratulations to the medalists!!! Beyond thrilled for Anna and Luca -- really thought that the Russians would pull off the win. Is Coomes and Buckland's bronze medal the first European medal in ice dance for Great Britain?

Can't wait to see the videos!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
but on a brights side:

Sinitsina and Zhiganshin are going to Sochi !!!!!

is it sure for now? I hope so, because they are fresh, well-skilled and a potential material for future champs, but I'm afraid of Russian fed and its decisions sometimes...And when we talk about Victoria and Ruslan they need just better choreos which help them form their own style as a dancers

Many congratulations to the medalists!!! Beyond thrilled for Anna and Luca -- really thought that the Russians would pull off the win. Is Coomes and Buckland's bronze medal the first European medal in ice dance for Great Britain?

Great Britain used to dominate Ice Dance for many years and would sometimes grab all three medals at Europeans, IIRC! :biggrin:

(In recent history, Kerrs got the bronze at Europeans)

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
LOL at a judge giving them a 10.00 and a judge giving them 7.75 for Choreography. :laugh: Also a judge gave C/L 6.75 for Choreography. :rolleye:

... so I assume I'd get your vote if I called for no more secret judging?!? ;) (guess who's who?)

ingofan1

Rinkside
They would have beaten C/L if not for the fall.It is amazing how you move up when your Russian.A few months they could not beat Shibs and what 3rd or 4th at Oly.Ridiculous

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Figure_Skating_Championships#Ice_dancing

Great Britain swept the Ice Dance podium between 1954 and 1958 and had many other medals in later years as well.

Torvill/Dean were 4 times European champions.

Kerrs got two bronze medals (2009 and 2011).

They would have beaten C/L if not for the fall.It is amazing how you move up when your Russian.A few months they could not beat Shibs and what 3rd or 4th at Oly.Ridiculous

Huh? They have skated their program extremely well until the mistakes on the twizzles.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I just checked the results and I am doing my happy dance for Anna and Luca, so happy for them!

Beautiful looking podium. Congrats!

elif

Medalist
One judge gave Ilinykh/Katsalapov 8.25, Capellini/Lanotte 7.50 for skating skills. Maybe he or she is really low scoring judge so she/he don't have fault but Coomes/Buckland's lowest score is 7.50. :eek: I hope he or she is not really thinking Coomes/Buckland got better skating skills than Capellini/Lanotte.

Frenchie

Medalist
But imagine she fought on, got Lv3 steps and won. People would go crazy over bad judging, Russian politics and so on and so forth.

I was thinking about that during the end of their program, when the BEsp commentator said "continue as if nothing happened" and my thoughts went from
- "yeah, right! forget it, it's over!" to
- "wait, could it still be?" and then
- "no way, the judges wouldn't want this PR nightmare, the leaders after SD being perfect, and being overtaken by a pair that fell".
So I was very surprised that they only lost by 1.1 points.
But then, I don't have the technical knowledge to judge levels. Aaah, ignorance can be such bliss sometimes :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

clearly you didnt watch their FD
their NHK scores have nothing to do with the whole season :unsure:

One judge gave Ilinykh/Katsalapov 8.25, Capellini/Lanotte 7.50 for skating skills. Maybe he or she is really low scoring judge so she/he don't have fault but Coomes/Buckland's lowest score is 7.50. :eek: I hope he or she is not really thinking Coomes/Buckland got better skating skills than Capellini/Lanotte.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that judges are displayed in different random order for each skater.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
is it sure for now? I hope so, because they are fresh, well-skilled and a potential material for future champs, but I'm afraid of Russian fed and its decisions sometimes...And when we talk about Victoria and Ruslan they need just better choreos which help them form their own style as a dancers

I doubt they'll pull a "Wagner" on R/T
they have not even won a GP gold nor a European medal

hopefully S/Z punched their ticket to Sochi

elif

Medalist

One week after that they got silver medal over Pechalat/Bourzat at their home GP (TEB) :rolleye:

Sinitsina/Zhiganshin have beaten Riazanova/Tkachenko at Nationals and at Europeans. They surely must be sent to Sochi!

Frenchie

Medalist
I was thinking about that during the end of their program, when the BEsp commentator said "continue as if nothing happened" and my thoughts went from
- "yeah, right! forget it, it's over!" to
- "wait, could it still be?" and then
- "no way, the judges wouldn't want this PR nightmare, the leaders after SD being perfect, and being overtaken by a pair that fell".
So I was very surprised that they only lost by 1.1 points.
But then, I don't have the technical knowledge to judge levels*. Aaah, ignorance can be such bliss sometimes :)

* EDIT: In Ice Dance! (I claim to be able to differenciate between a level 1 spin and a level 4 - on a good day! :laugh:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I doubt they'll pull a "Wagner" on R/T
they have not even won a GP gold nor a European medal

hopefully S/Z punched their ticket to Sochi

I am 100% positive S/Z are going to Sochi after this. Beautiful skating, really loved them today.
Victoria is stunning

ucrgirl

On the Ice
Capellini/Lanotte are much better than the marks they get. If not for politics they should have a shot at the Olympic Bronze. :mad: