Ice Dance FD - 2014 European Championships | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance FD - 2014 European Championships

elif

Medalist
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that judges are displayed in different random order for each skater.

I know. I'm talking about worst scores for all teams. Maybe one judge scored all teams low. But cleary he or she didn't do that Coomes/Buckland.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'm rewatching now FDs on youtube and I must say that Sara and Adria amazed me with their FD...Of course shame about the fall and some stumbles/unpolished elements but they have a style and move like contemporary dancers, also they have some crazy good lifts, interesting choreos, always costumes which show the style of their dances and I always see emotions on their faces (not like probably most of dancers which go from one tech element to another without any reflection, this is not pairs competition and nowadays even pairs, but only the best show some emotions, creativity and deeper thought about their programs...)

And they have Patrice Lauzon of course :D:D (to their advantage)

Yes to all of the above! Hurtado/Diaz have an exceptional FD this season and they have improved so much!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
And *this* is I/K's real problem. Not that mistakes happen but that she just gives up (and he often loses his focus) when it does, instead of fighting on. This is not the first time this was the case. :bang:

But imagine she fought on, got Lv3 steps and won. People would go crazy over bad judging, Russian politics and so on and so forth.

Yikes, good point. *That* would have been pretty ridiculous.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I am glad after all their years that C/L have finally reached the top step of the podium. I enjoyed their free dance, it was nice and light and breezy but I am not sure I would call it Olympic bronze medal material. If I/K couldn't win this title in the abscence of B/S and P/B it can only be viewed as a major failure, if they are real contenders, they should have won here easily. The programme had eye catching lifts but as the programme went on I found myself losing interest. I was shocked to see her fall on the twizzles, Nikita seem to be having problems, maybe he distracted her. It's hard to believe that with the fall they still nearly won the free dance.

I can not believe that C/B won the bronze with that free dance, I thought it was way over marked, it just shows hitting the levels well lets you score big. In no way did it deserve PCS of 48, it was not better than the other Russian couples. My favourite routine was S/Z, I would have them 3rd overall. I feel sorry for R/T but they made mistakes and rightly ranked as the 3rd Russian couple. They seem to have become stuck in a rut the last few years, I like them a lot when they first appeared but they have not progressed as much as I would have expected.

I like the Azeris, some of their moves were very impressive. Very disappointing night for the French teams, C/J must have come in with very high hopes after winning the Universiade but they were a long way of that. I watched on British Eurosport so only seem the last two groups, I will track down the Spanish team. I wonder is tonights only Italian gold or will Carolina match them tomorrow.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I am glad after all their years that C/L have finally reached the top step of the podium. I enjoyed their free dance, it was nice and light and breezy but I am not sure I would call it Olympic bronze medal material. If I/K couldn't win this title in the abscence of B/S and P/B it can only be viewed as a major failure, if they are real contenders, they should have won here easily. The programme had eye catching lifts but as the programme went on I found myself losing interest. I was shocked to see her fall on the twizzles, Nikita seem to be having problems, maybe he distracted her. It's hard to believe that with the fall they still nearly won the free dance.

I can not believe that C/B won the bronze with that free dance, I thought it was way over marked, it just shows hitting the levels well lets you score big. In no way did it deserve PCS of 48, it was not better than the other Russian couples. My favourite routine was S/Z, I would have them 3rd overall. I feel sorry for R/T but they made mistakes and rightly ranked as the 3rd Russian couple. They seem to have become stuck in a rut the last few years, I like them a lot when they first appeared but they have not progressed as much as I would have expected.

I like the Azeris, some of their moves were very impressive. Very disappointing night for the French teams, C/J must have come in with very high hopes after winning the Universiade but they were a long way of that. I watched on British Eurosport so only seem the last two groups, I will track down the Spanish team. I wonder is tonights only Italian gold or will Carolina match them tomorrow.

This was all set up for I/k to win. It shouldn't even had been competitive. But I/k are so horrible so terrible they can't even win against c/l who in fact they have fallen behind. The have fallen behind c/l because they are awful and can't win. They never will because they don't work. Everyone has said it but this proves its a fact. Russia should just pull all support and them out of Sochi. This is just beyond failure. This is one the most obvious career /team ending things ever. I blame the ghost fd too.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
to sum up - ice dancing is my favourite and most loved competition in figure skating and I'm just scared about this olys in Russia now, because I'm sure on 99% that bronze or maybe even silver (if Tessa and Scott will have tech issues and both Bobrova/Soloviev and Elena/Nikita will go clean) is locked now for Russia...It shouldn't be like that but will be - tonight's FDs proved this because of ridiculously tight margin between Italians and Russians, Anna and Luca had the best FD outing in whole season tonight, they were light, funny and in the same moment strong and passionate, no falls, stumbles etc. while Elena and Nikita - they started well but competition and fighting for gold (it their today's case) isn't finished until music stops...You have right - it was their to lose and they proved their problematic reputation as a talented headcases. They have quite open FD with insane lifts and they should put all their souls and work in it. And I mean HARD work and focus.

Now, about 2 weeks to Sochi, no much time left, there aren't many ways to change something in programs (but I silently hope that some dancers, especially one couple is doing something with their FD even now...) but it is enough time to straight their heads up about some things and one of these couples are Elena and Nikita, especially her attitude is non acceptable for me - she is supposed to be a young, strong woman, confident about her talent, beauty and achievements and for most - to have a sportsmanship spirit and fight untill the end. I hope they will do something to make these issues up, but with all this situation with Elena and Morozov I think it would be tough...

And that makes me worry because I don't even try to imagine what will I feel when Bobrova/Soloviev win the bronze/silver(?) with that dancing-nothing-nightmare FD...Or Elena/Nikita will win this with falls, stumbles and already-lost attitude by Elena...There are three other strong couples as a contenders for medal - each with FD that suits them perfectly imo: Weaver/Poje, Pechalat/Bourzat and Cappellini/Lanotte. These dancers proved that they have strenght to get that medal and I hope it won't be a game for only home basket...Let's everone be clean and then we will see but I don't expect wonders...

Mao88

Record Breaker
FREE DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 171.61 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
2. Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 170.51 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
3. Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 158.69 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
4. Victoria SINITSINA / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN (RUS) - 153.73 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
5. Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO (RUS) - 150.44 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
6. Julia ZLOBINA / Alexei SITNIKOV (AZE) - 147.78 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
7. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 145.37 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
8. Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 144.40 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
9. Isabella TOBIAS / Deividas STAGNIUNAS (LTU) - 142.31 Free Dance, 2nd copy
10. Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ (ESP) - 137.58 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
11. Tanja KOLBE / Stefano CARUSO (GER) - 137.46
12. Federica TESTA / Lukas CSOLLEY (SVK) - 136.63
13. Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 135.29 Free Dance
14. Irina SHTORK / Taavi RAND (EST) - 131.66
15. Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON (FRA) - 131.57 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
16. Justyna PLUTOWSKA / Peter GERBER (POL) - 128.08 Free Dance
17. Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR (TUR) - 127.96 Free Dance
18. Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN (DEN) - 127.51 Free Dance

Medal Ceremony (2nd Copy)

GF2445

Record Breaker
Way to go Penny and Nick. They were clearly the third best couple at the competition.
Much better than the two Russian Ice Dance Teams who finished below them!

gmyers

Record Breaker
to sum up - ice dancing is my favourite and most loved competition in figure skating and I'm just scared about this olys in Russia now, because I'm sure on 99% that bronze or maybe even silver (if Tessa and Scott will have tech issues and both Bobrova/Soloviev and Elena/Nikita will go clean) is locked now for Russia...It shouldn't be like that but will be - tonight's FDs proved this because of ridiculously tight margin between Italians and Russians, Anna and Luca had the best FD outing in whole season tonight, they were light, funny and in the same moment strong and passionate, no falls, stumbles etc. while Elena and Nikita - they started well but competition and fighting for gold (it their today's case) isn't finished until music stops...You have right - it was their to lose and they proved their problematic reputation as a talented headcases. They have quite open FD with insane lifts and they should put all their souls and work in it. And I mean HARD work and focus.

Now, about 2 weeks to Sochi, no much time left, there aren't many ways to change something in programs (but I silently hope that some dancers, especially one couple is doing something with their FD even now...) but it is enough time to straight their heads up about some things and one of these couples are Elena and Nikita, especially her attitude is non acceptable for me - she is supposed to be a young, strong woman, confident about her talent, beauty and achievements and for most - to have a sportsmanship spirit and fight untill the end. I hope they will do something to make these issues up, but with all this situation with Elena and Morozov I think it would be tough...

And that makes me worry because I don't even try to imagine what will I feel when Bobrova/Soloviev win the bronze/silver(?) with that dancing-nothing-nightmare FD...Or Elena/Nikita will win this with falls, stumbles and already-lost attitude by Elena...There are three other strong couples as a contenders for medal - each with FD that suits them perfectly imo: Weaver/Poje, Pechalat/Bourzat and Cappellini/Lanotte. These dancers proved that they have strenght to get that medal and I hope it won't be a game for only home basket...Let's everone be clean and then we will see but I don't expect wonders...

This does not reflect the reality of ice dance. I/K because they stink and can't get levels but also mistakes can not only not win silver LOL but even bronze is out of reach and maybe top 10 is out of reach for I/K. B/S is also unlikely for bronze. You can't campaign your way in 2 weeks to VMDW level PCS and GOE. I/K can't even beat C/L when they were clean in the SD. VMDW are totally locked for Gold and silver and nothing can change that at all. I/K can't even win Euros and B/S didn't even medal in the GPF. There will be no Russian team on the sochi podium and there's no chance that can happen. I would be so glad if I/K can't go to Sochi at all.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Way to go Penny and Nick. They were clearly the third best couple at the competition.

They were the second best without a doubt.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

difficult lifts but horrible skating skills
overscored in PCS !

Sinitsina/Zhiganshin had much better skating skills (deeper edges, more flow) and a much more complex program, packed with varied transitions throughout. And they managed to maintain quite a lot of speed until the end, despite that.

Coomes/Buckland were fun and had good energy but they skated on quite shallow edges and spent most of their program skating side-by-side or apart.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
C/B are way overmarked in PCS, they were not the 3rd best couple last night. They hit the levels (according to the technichal controller) but there is no way their probably deserved that score but they are not deserving of 48 in PCS. There is no way they were better that S/Z and R/T and even Z/S and
Z/G.

I just watched the Spaniards that was a spectacular dance, hopefully they keep on climbing their up way up the rankings, they really went for it.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really, really a shame.

They were stunning in that dance until the fall. The rest was fairly pedestrian.

I can understand her sense of failure/panic at the fall, but you can't give up.

I believe they were the best dancers/skaters in the championship. But they weren't the best competitors.