Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships

Helgesson lands 3loop. Sport 2 commentator says: 'The jump Irina Slutskaya missed in her Turino FS.' How bloody random is that?! Just SHUT UP!

Good skate from Helgesson, the style worked for her. Some cheats on the triple jumps though.

Joshi Helgesson looks like the UK actress Ramola Garai. I don't know why she wears such ridiculous outfits which don't match her music at all. This one looks like she should be skating to punk rock or something...

:confused: It was perfectly suited to the music. It was a Xena inspired costume.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Does Elene's 0A - 1A count as a jump sequence?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Elene GEDEVANISHVILI (GEO)

Music: Giselle by Adolpe Adam

High neck long-sleeve open back dark red dress. Lots of silver stones in flower pattern (new)

3Lz - bit twofooted
3S - twofoot, stepout
A+2A+SEQ
FCCoSp
StSq
2S+2T
3T+2T
3T
FSSp
ChSq - steps, spiral, spiral
2A - bit twofooted
CCoSp

Lots of costly mistakes, but no falls. She smiles which is happy to see

FS: 36.88 + 50.16 = 87.04, 141.82, 2nd (out of 14)

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Helgesson lands 3loop. Sport 2 commentator says: 'The jump Irina Slutskaya missed in her Turino FS.' How bloody random is that?! Just SHUT UP!

:laugh::bang: you should join us and watch the German feed :)
I'm shocked it isn't geoblocked, since in Germany, they don't let us watch anything, not even music videos or skates on youtube because of some obscure music rights...
I'll consider filing a complaint that you guys get to see it if you're not extra-nice! ;)
Speaking of which: Nathalie Weinzierl will be skating next - I'm hoping for some extra crossed fingers ;)

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
The norwegian commentators are saying how the swedish comitee told Viktoria before euro champs that she was going to Sochi, so that she wouldnt have much pressure on her during euro champs, and instead of doing that to Anne Line they even but more pressure on her. They are saying that she has been presenting well overall, and should be send, theyre seem pretty uppset about it to... :/

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE)

Music: Harem Cobra Goddess by Les Baxter; Harem Silks from Bombay

Black dress with feather collar and sleeves. Open back. Silver details

3T - hard fall
3F - bit twofooted
2Lz
CCoSp
LSp
2Lo+1A+SEQ - turnout
StSq
3S
1Lo
2A+2T
ChSq - steps, split, spiral, steps, spiral
FSSp

Jump-wise a very weak skate - way too many pops. She hits her head.

FS: 34.56+52.62-1.00 = 86.18, 138.73, in 5th (out of 15)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Really :mad:, that a bit unfair though, European would be a good place to decide. Viktoria is quite inconsistent.

I would hate to see her lose out to her younger sister, because Joshi will have a chance in 2018, and Viktoria did have a top-10 worlds placement a few years back.. plus a GP medal, IIRC.

V Helgesson has had an absolutely terrible season so far. Not a single good competition. It is extremely unfair that Joshi isn't being sent to the Olympics. :(