Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships

Carmen95

Rinkside
Oouch... the competition is so disappointing... Come on, Nathalie, show what you did at Nationals...
I hope they will sent Joshi, she is more consistent...

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
These girls earned their spots. They may have on-days and off-days, but they are able to skate decently at the Olympics: maybe no great results, but a good experience for them and they can make their countries proud only being there and giving their best efforts. I don't think it's ALL that expensive for their federations. I mean, for pairs and dance there are often citizenship issues that cannot be overcome, but for singles, whoever gets the spot should be sent, barring injury or MAJOR meltdowns.

:clap: This

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Oh boy.
Everyone, when the competition is over, do me a favor and watch this skate from Viktoria Helgesson.
Back then, her 3F was quite consistent, but somehow, she's been getting worse and worse over the years. I think the judges have begun the slow process of lowering her PCS scores from one event to the next this season... :disapp:

treeloving

Medalist
The norwegian commentators are saying how the swedish comitee told Viktoria before euro champs that she was going to Sochi, so that she wouldnt have much pressure on her during euro champs, and instead of doing that to Anne Line they even but more pressure on her. They are saying that she has been presenting well overall, and should be send, theyre seem pretty uppset about it to... :/

Well with this skate no wonder, I appreciate her speed but I still think Joshi deserve a chance, Viktoria bomb in every competition this year.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nathalie WEINZIERL (GER)

Music: Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin

Blue sparkly dress w/ lace hem

3Lz - nice
2A+2T+2T
3Lz+2T - hand down on lutz
LSp
3T
3Lo - stepout
CCoSp
3S+2T - bit wild on salchow
FSSp
StSq
3S - fall
ChSq - spiral, ina bauer

She's bummed about the last mistakes, but technically the best so far. Needs to work on more expression.

FS: 49.56+50.27-1.00 = 98.86 (PB), 151.88 (PB), in 1st (out of 16)

Some very nice jumps from Weinzierl but the skating was sluggish, looking down on the ice, skating through the music and looking very bored with her own program. :p

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
- yeah baby!!! :agree:
- still not a fan of her decision to skate to rhapsody in blue ("alter Schinken", as Daniel Weiss calls it: an "old ham")
- for our international audience of the German stream:
"aaah NEIN!" means "oooh NO!" ;)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
you should join us and watch the German feed :)
I'm shocked it isn't geoblocked, since in Germany, they don't let us watch anything, not even music videos or skates on youtube because of some obscure music rights...
I'll consider filing a complaint that you guys get to see it if you're not extra-nice! ;)
Speaking of which: Nathalie Weinzierl will be skating next - I'm hoping for some extra crossed fingers ;)

I'll try I'll try to be nice... great German feed... maybe a mistake somewhere :confused:

Oh, Viktoria... why can't you ever have the skate of your life..?

Now I want to see some great performances...

Carmen95

Rinkside
Why is Juulia using such OLD; BORING; WASHED OUT music?!?! funky please... sth like the FD from Coomes/Buckland! That was sth great!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Juulia TURKKILA (FIN)

Music: La Gazza Ladra by Gioachino Rossini

Green and black swirled dress with gold details

3S - hand down, fall
3T
2Lo
2A+2T
FCSp
StSq
3S - hangs on, no combo
3T+2T+2Lo(twofoot)
2A
CCoSp
ChSq - spiral, steps, spiral, steps
LSp

With this low content, she really needs to start skating cleaner. Nice sharp skating skills, though.

FS: 41.28+49.61-1.00 = 89.89, 140.31 (PB), in 5th (out of 17)

A lot of upper body movement and a fair amount of transitions in Turkkila's program. Good posture and lines, her movement was very refined. :)

I hope she can master harder jumps soon.

Now for VOIDOPATRA! :party2: