Pairs SP 2014 European Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP 2014 European Championships

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Eeeeeek Don Ottavio is with the Italian commentators!
He's praising Plushenko right now

Good grief! I'll never forget the first time I heard him speaking during 2011 Worlds. Couldn't help thinking: Is he, ehm, Lina Lamont or something? Is he really ruling this sport? No wonder his decisions don't make sense.

Florencito

Medalist
Cinquanta just said that if "a skater" gets injured or withdraws during or after the team event, he won't be replaced in the individual event. To get the repalcement he has to withdraws before the ISU reunion on February 5th. I'm not sure I got this right, audio is kinda low and Cinquanta speaks like a 6years old, so confusing :slink:

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Cinquanta just said that if "a skater" gets injured or withdraws during or after the team event, he won't be replaced in the individual event. To get the repalcement he has to withdraws before the ISU reunion on February 5th. I'm not sure I got this right, audio is kinda low and Cinquanta speaks like a 6years old, so confusing :slink:

Like I just said... nonsense. But Cinquanta stated rather proudly that figure skating needs "more controversy".

auser

Record Breaker
Good grief! I'll never forget the first time I heard him speaking during 2011 Worlds. Couldn't help thinking: Is he, ehm, Lina Lamont or something? Is he really ruling this sport? No wonder his decisions don't make sense.
:laugh:

Cinquanta just said that if "a skater" gets injured or withdraws during or after the team event, he won't be replaced in the individual event. To get the repalcement he has to withdraws before the ISU reunion on February 5th.

We have Plushenko to thank for ISU staying on top of this before some mysterious "injuries" happened.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with it. Boyadji is not satisfying any of the requirements for obtaining British citizenship and even if he did, it would have taken 5 years at least.

But I thought there were special procedures in place for sportspeople to speed up the process and get them competing sooner.

I'm just thinking about the number of people in althletics that have competed for Team GB at the past few Olympics, but were actually foreign born. Or the number of footballers that have played for England over the years that were foreign born.

Admittedly, most of these were from former British colonies. But some, like runner Mo Farrah (Somalia) were not.

So, if Christopher does have to go through the full procedures and it takes the full 5 years, it's already too late.

Oh well! Our loss!

CaroLiza_fan

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
was that what he said ? :laugh:
where's the knee whackers

Yes, I heard him interviewed by Italian commentators during 2011 Worlds (when he was caught on tape while mocking Takahashi's skate problems), and he was all smug and self-satisfied about Team event taking place BEFORE individual events at the Olys, because that would lead to "more controversy". I was just left speechless.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
We have Plushenko to thank for ISU staying on top of this before some mysterious "injuries" happened.

:thumbsup: :yes:
definitely!
(no one knows the answer to my ? on the Volozoshar/Morozov relationship status?)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yes, I heard him interviewed by Italian commentators during 2011 Worlds (when he was caught on tape while mocking Takahashi's skate problems), and he was all smug and self-satisfied about Team event taking place BEFORE individual events at the Olys, because that would lead to "more controversy". I was just left speechless.

I guess the aim of the Team Event is to get as many skaters tired as possible
so the individual event will have a splatfest and controversy issues :biggrin:

But I thought there were special procedures in place for sportspeople to speed up the process and get them competing sooner.

From what I know, those provisions are only invoked in exceptional circumstances, for athletes capable of contending for world and olympic medals.

So, if Christopher does have to go through the full procedures and it takes the full 5 years, it's already too late.

He can't go through the procedures. He's not legally resident in the UK.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

From what I know, those provisions are only invoked in exceptional circumstances, for athletes capable of contending for world and olympic medals.

He can't go through the procedures. He's not legally resident in the UK.

Thanks for clarifying this.

Oh look, there's our friend Ottavio on screen! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

spread beagle

Rinkside

Yes, that is same offcials people like in soccer who argue against video proof for goals with argument that wrong decision are important to make sport interesting. :(

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Yes, that is same offcials people like in soccer who argue against video proof for goals with argument that wrong decision are important to make sport interesting. :(

I can already guess his next rule to make FS more "interesting": on the slow motions for the technical panel, how about blurring out the feet at all landings? :laugh:
Ziiing!
(I think if Gailhaguet gets the job, he'd install batteries under each judge's chair to electroshock them when he doesn't like the score they come up with!) ;)