Has Russia said when they'll announce their decision re: Plushenko or Kovtun 4 Olys? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Has Russia said when they'll announce their decision re: Plushenko or Kovtun 4 Olys?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
^ I agree. I really hope Plushenko does both the team and individual though. I'd hate to see him skate okay and scoop up a medal and then avoid the individual event (while Kovtun/Voronov would certainly try both even with little chance of medaling in the individual).

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I hope we can see a video, without any change of camera.
The die-hard Russian FS fans have regularly uploaded all the Russian test skates on youtube, so if this is just another test skate, I'm sure we'll see it.
If Plushenko really did these jumps "in one take" where no doctoring was necessary to provide a video, then congrats. I wonder if they put him in a "do-or-die situation", telling him this is your one skate, or if he got to try as often as he wanted until he got the best program together.
Oh well, wait and see, but I have this bad feeling in my stomach that this "statement" is all we're ever going to see of that private get together. :disapp:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yeah I have a feeling too. Although its not like we expected there to be transparency or a level playing field in the first place. Whatever, its their choice...if they're saying he performed better than he actually did, and he's not actually performing up to snuff, then by all means send him - it increases Canada's chances at a team Gold. :biggrin:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yeah I have a feeling too. Although its not like we expected there to be transparency or a level playing field in the first place. Whatever, its their choice...if they're saying he performed better than he actually did, and he's not actually performing up to snuff, then by all means send him - it increases Canada's chances at a team Gold. :biggrin:

on the contrary Plushenko's aim is Team event ;)
individual is another question

anyways 4 time Olympian is remarkable, so happy for my Zhenya

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Voronov has low PCS and Kovtun bombs in high pressure situation
so I don't know why thinking Voronov/Kovtun would have done better

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I disagree. Whichever man goes will play a big part on how well Russia does in the team event. Two steady programs will help the team place high, and I think Plushenko can do that.

True, it is all about the Team event really. The Russians are not medalling in the mens at all. Their medal hopes are clearly in the other 3 events.

Country
Russia
I was thinking especially of Russian men this season.
1. Not all - only all Top Four, Kovtun, Pluschenko, Voronov, Menshov.
Fifth place at Nats - Pitkeev - has no quads (he is 15 years old).

2. I meant also that with only one quad place may be high.
(and with two or three quads may be not so high, of course)

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Are you sure?
Voronov's score at Euro-2014 is higher than scores of third places of Oly-2010 and all Worlds from 2010 to 2013.
No naturally I am not sure.:) But my prediction is: 1. Chan 2. Hanyu 3. Fernandez or Takahashi or Machida.