Gala in Sarajevo | Golden Skate

Gala in Sarajevo

kosjenka

On the Ice
I read that today there is going to be gala in Sarajevo- like 20 years since WOG 1984.
Is this true?
If is is, who is going to be there?

dunja:)

kasia16

On the Ice
I know about Olympic Champions from 1984: Katarina Witt, Torvill/Dean, Scott Hamilton, Valova/Vassiliev
and reign European medalists

does this thread have anything to the 2004 European Chanpionships? If not, it should go into The Edge.

Joe

Evdokia

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
does this thread have anything to the 2004 European Chanpionships? If not, it should go into The Edge.

I think the participants of this Gala should have been the medalists of this year's Europeans, but I'm not sure about that.:confused:

kosjenka

On the Ice
Joesitz said:

Joe

Well I read that skaters from Budapest will take plane for Sarajevo, so than it does....
Yeah you are right, I should have put it in The Edge

dfj

On the Ice
There's lots of info on this over at FSU. Sounds pretty fabulous.

Nuica said:
Well I read that skaters from Budapest will take plane for Sarajevo, so than it does....
Yeah you are right, I should have put it in The Edge

I think it would be of more interet in The Edge, but it' oik by me if you want to keep it here.

Joe

indiaskye1

Rinkside
Just to let you know ... all the medalists from Budapest did indeed skate at the Gala in Sarajevo so this thread is probably indirectly linked to the European Championships!!!

Eurosport showed the Gala live on TV yesterday in most European countries.

Vanessa

lulu

Final Flight
As it was mentioned previously, all of the European medalists and some non medalists performed. Katerina Witt and Oleg Vasiliev gave a little speech, and they both got quite emotional, relieving their memories of Sarajevo in 1984.

It sounded like a wonderful gala and I would have loved to see it.

It really puts everything into perspective when you think about it. It reminded me of the 1994 Lillehammer Olympics, 10 years after Sarajevo and in the middle of the war, with Katerina Witt's performance to "Where have all the flowers gone?" and T&D doing Bolero as an exhibition piece dedicated to Sarajevo.