21 Tomas VERNER CZE
22 Alexander MAJOROV SWE
23 Maxim KOVTUN RUS
24 Michal BREZINA CZE

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Go Voronov, skate a blinded and furhter complicate the Russian selection for the Men. Is Parkinson a lock for the Italian spot? I would expect Ringhini/Bariev to place a lot better than 24th. Hope Menshov does well.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Is Parkinson a lock for the Italian spot? I would expect Ringhini/Bariev to place a lot better than 24th. Hope Menshov does well.

At first I was disappointed for Righini's chances for Sochi that Parkinson just barely made it to the FS in the last second thanks to Justus Strid's multiple-meltdown-SP, as he's likely to overtake some skaters now with all his planned big jumps...
But on the other hand, this is just one more opportunity for the Italian Federation to see him skate poorly. Sorry for Paul Bonifacio to sound so harsh, but since Righini would 100% do lightyears better than him at Sochi, I hope he does, indeed, skate like he usually does, and the Italians reconsider.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hey Frenchie

Do you know if www.sportschau.de is going to be streaming the Men's FS, and if so, will they be showing it from the start?

If not, the спорт-2 link on OleOleTV is here. At the moment, it's just a placeholder. But, yesterday, the placeholder became the first stream. So, I assume the same will happen today.

CaroLiza_fan

Frenchie

Medalist
Hey Frenchie

Do you know if www.sportschau.de is going to be streaming the Men's FS, and if so, will they be showing it from the start?

If not, the спорт-2 link on OleOleTV is here. At the moment, it's just a placeholder. But, yesterday, the placeholder became the first stream. So, I assume the same will happen today.

CaroLiza_fan

I'm very annoyed with the lack of predictability of the German feed - though I'm thankful that there is/was one, and in such good quality!
It really feels like they want to hide this stream from the viewers: it never gets mentioned on their site, unless when it already started.
It doesn't appear on their "schedule", but that was the same for the previous days.
I'm going to keep checking, and I'm sure they will stream, but I don't know if they'll start with the 1st group.
My hope is that Franz Streubel skating 2nd in the 1st group might motivate them to start the stream sooner rather than later! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm very annoyed with the lack of predictability of the German feed - though I'm thankful that there is/was one, and in such good quality!
It really feels like they want to hide this stream from the viewers: it never gets mentioned on their site, unless when it already started.
It doesn't appear on their "schedule", but that was the same for the previous days.
I'm going to keep checking, and I'm sure they will stream, but I don't know if they'll start with the 1st group.
My hope is that Franz Streubel skating 2nd in the 1st group might motivate them to start the stream sooner rather than later! ;)

It's up now. Here are all the links I posted in the livestream thread:

Yesterday, the best quality stream was the German stream on www.sportschau.de. Here is today's link:

http://www.sportschau.de/av/videostreamlivestreameiskunstlaufeminbudapest104.html

Failing that, here are the OleOleTV livestreams:

спорт-2 Stream 1
спорт-2 Stream 2
TVR1 Stream
Chinese Stream

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Frenchie

Medalist
Weiss touches on the russian men's situation, that Plushy will have a test skate next Tuesday and that the Olympic Team will be announced after that.
He says the rumour is: Plushy will do the Team event and another one will do the individual, but that's forbidden IN THEORY.
BUT loophole with wd'ing after the team event

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm really happy about the ARD stream. Weiss as a former skater has some very interesting insights and isn't overly gushing over skaters. His predicitions are spot on and yesterday I thought it was great that the german skaters came and commented on the whole thing when they were just competing before. Awesome if the Olympics will have a stream like this, especially since Eurosport disappoints after showing the whole GP season.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Paul Bonifacio PARKINSON (ITA)

Music: Adagio by Queen Symphony; Allegro Vivo by Queen Symphony; Andante Doloroso by Queen Symphony; Andante Sostenuto Queen Symphony

Black velvet pants. Sparkly black shirt w silver and purple details.

4S - fall
1A+3T - free foot down, stepout
3A
CCoSp
FCSp
StSq
2Lz+3T - stepout, hand down
2A+1Lo+3S - lands on toepick, no speed
3F
2Lo
ChSt - steps, spread eagle, steps
1Lz
CSSp

A fall and 4 pops, that's gonna cost a lot. He looks a bit disappointed, but still cracks a smile.

FS: 53.51+53.22-1.00 = 105.73, 157.81, 1st (out of 1)

Frenchie

Medalist
But on the other hand, this is just one more opportunity for the Italian Federation to see him skate poorly. Sorry for Paul Bonifacio to sound so harsh, but since Righini would 100% do lightyears better than him at Sochi, I hope he does, indeed, skate like he usually does, and the Italians reconsider.
Just sayin! :p
Weiss also points out that he's skating an awful lot on 2 feet.
I really hope they already gave Righini THE phone call.

Why does Italian Federation make TERRIBLE decisions about sending their skaters to the Olympics?

Bacchini in 2006, Fontana in 2006, now Parkinson in 2014. UGH.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Franz STREUBEL (GER)

Music: Man with a Harmonica (from "Once Upon a Time in the West") by Ennio Morricone; The Good, the Bad and the Ugly by Geoff Love; As a Judgement (from "Once Upon a Time in the West") by Ennio Morricone; Rawhide by Geoff Love

Black pants, black vest over white shirt. Loose tie and black gloves. Gun holster

4T - solid
3A
3Lz
CSSp
StSq
FCSp
3A - fall, no combo
3S+3T - fall
3Lo - turnout, hangs on
ChSt
2A
2A+1T
CCoSp

Great start, but he lost so much energy in the 2nd half, falling twice.

FS: 66.39+57.86-2.00 = 122.25 (PB), 182.21 (PB), in 1st (out of 2)

Frenchie

Medalist
Good job by Streubel :)
Listening to Weiss getting all hyped up (sorry for that, if you don't understand German - he'll shut up more later ;) ) reminds me of Philippe Pélissier, french coach (Thierry Cérez, Stanick Jeannette,...) and Eurosport commentator, how he'd get absolutely frenetic when one of his pupils would skate or had already skated... That was borderline scary to listen to! ;)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Viktor ROMANENKOV (EST)

Music: Carmen by Georges Bizet

Toreador costume: Black pants and shirt, red sash and gold details on shoulder. Black gloves

3A - both hands down, stepout
2A+3T
3Lz
CCoSp - re-centered on jump foot-change
StSq
3Lo
CSSp
1Lz
2A - fall
2F - e
3S
FCCoSp - slow
ChSt

A fall, 2 pops and a messy landing. With his lower difficulty he really needed a cleaner skate

FS: 45.45+53.78-1.00 = 98.23, 153.66, 3rd (out of 3)