Men FS - 2014 European Championships | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Men FS - 2014 European Championships

gnom

On the Ice
Peter Liebers had the 4th highest TES score today :agree:
Wew! Congrats to Peter. Like his unpretentious style.

Very sad for Tomas Verner. He looked so promising at the beginning of the season. Hope he can end his career (?) with a good performance at the Olympics.

Very happy for Menshov! To me he has the most refined program of the Russian guys and is constantly low marked in CH/IN. Compared to Voronov his PCS are ridiculous.

As always I enjoyed Viktor Pfeifer's skate - good posture, smooth edges. I don't miss the big tricks in his skating.

Although I am not particular thrilled about Javiers programs this season I hope he medals at the Olympics. Simply because Spain is such an outsider.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
I was just checking the results again. With Majorov finishing outside the top 10 it means that Sweden will only have one spot for their home Euros in 2015, isn't it? It kind of sucks for Schultheiss if he is thinking of a comeback.

I am a huge fan of Plushenko but I'm on Kovtuns side here. He won the national title over Plushenko and has proven himself this season with two medals at GP and a trip to the GPF. It didn't work on Euros but he has programs that might work well and seems healthy. At this point Plushenko is nothing but a big question mark.

wallylutz

Medalist
NBC showed the Europeans on TV this afternoon and I have to say, from a performance standpoint, they all have a lot of work to do still. Javier's program this year is indeed quite disappointing. Even Johnny and Tara said as much. At this point, I don't think he will go back to his program from last year but I can't see Javier challenging for Gold with a free skate like this unless everyone else splashfest in Sochi.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Did Sergei have any transitions in his program. After the first half of skating into a jumping pass and footwork with a arm here and there I changed the channel.

Not many. Although Plushenko's program doesn't have (m)any either.

I actually really appreciate the quirky style and transitions in Menshov's FS. His musicality isn't there (seems to be just background), but he has a unique interpretation, and there is some quality to his skating and attempts at intricacy in the choreography.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I would be much more okay with Plushenko going if he had a program as intricate as Euros. The biggest problem is that his program is so painfully devoid of intricacy and transitions and it's like 2006 all over again. Of course, being in Russia this will be overlooked (hence 95 points PCS), so he probably doesn't have to worry about actually having good choreography and will get ridiculous PCS if he skates clean (and, evidently, if he doesn't skate clean, too).

seniorita

Record Breaker
Did isu had a communication about the replacement of "Russian man?" the days I was at euros?cause I'm still watching the one about any replacements before individual until 10th february.

Off topic, I m traveling with the French team:D

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
NBC showed the Europeans on TV this afternoon and I have to say, from a performance standpoint, they all have a lot of work to do still. Javier's program this year is indeed quite disappointing. Even Johnny and Tara said as much. At this point, I don't think he will go back to his program from last year but I can't see Javier challenging for Gold with a free skate like this unless everyone else splashfest in Sochi.

Our commentator was very enthusiastic about Javier´s freeskate programme and the difficulty in it (not meaning just the jumps but all the other stuff). In my opinion he just needs to skate his programmes perfectly and he will be on the podium.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I love Javier's answers in general but when they ask him how he can cover the gap of 25 points between his score and Chan's he is hilarious, in general this was a great press conference, very light and happy!

men's conference

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
wonderful media scrum conference. javier was very cute with his response and the Sergei and Menshov were charming too. Voronov being late was very polite about being late. I was surprised so many questions toe the Russians considering they aren't gong to the olympics and Javier is a world bronze medallist.