Men FS - 2014 European Championships | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Men FS - 2014 European Championships

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Sergei VORONOV (RUS)

Music: A Los Amigos by Armando Pontier; Por Una Cabeza by Carlos Gardel; Tanguera by Mariano Mores

Red velvet pants fusing into very lacy sheer black top. Black gloves

4T - bit forward
3A
4T+2Lo - turn in-between
3Lz
3A+2T
FCSp
StSq
3Lo+2T+2Lo
3S
3T
CSSp
ChSt
CCoSp

Another strong skate from the Russians - this can medal (bit sad). Kovtun har his work cut out for him now...

FS: 86.48+80.56 = 167.04 (PB), 252.55 (PB), into 1st (out of 19)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Sergei VORONOV (RUS)

Music: A Los Amigos by Armando Pontier; Por Una Cabeza by Carlos Gardel; Tanguera by Mariano Mores

Red velvet pants fusing into very lacy sheer black top. Black gloves

4T - bit forward
3A
4T+2Lo - turn in-between
3Lz
3A+2T
FCSp
StSq
3Lo+2T+2Lo
3S
3T
CSSp
ChSt
CCoSp

Another strong skate from the Russians - this can medal (bit sad). Kovtun har his work cut out for him now...

I predict Kovtun will self destruct :p

Pretty much ZERO transitions and upper body movement from Voronov. He just stroked from one element into another. Great job on the jumps but he should get 2.50 for TR and his CH and IN should be low as well.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
-Menshov: WOW! So cool to have THE performance to show in 20 or 30 years when you check him out on youtube (or whatever will be the youtube then!): There will be the absolutely amazing performance "Konstantin Menshov (RUS) 2014 EC FS". So glad for him, but yeah, still no shot at Sochi.
-Joubert: Happy for him, nice "pas mal" from him at the end. He got 4T<stepout, did only 1 3A, repeated only 1 triple (Lz), and did only 2 combos. Lot of points lost here and there.
- Peter Liebers in the commentator's booth: says it's the 1st time ever that 2 germans land a Quad in the same comp; and that he's happy for Tomas Verner to be back in shape - points out that coincided with Tomas' return to train in Oberstdorf, Germany ;)
- Voronov, basically good skate, tiny bobbles, but with his huge lead after the SP, he'll remain in 1st... But pales in comparison to Menshov today imo

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Pretty much ZERO transitions and upper body movement from Voronov. He just stroked from one element into another. Great job on the jumps but he should get 2.50 for TR and his CH and IN should be low as well.

yes his CH and TR should be in 5's at highest

Kirk

Rinkside
Eteri might be the happiest person in this Euros with Julia crowned as an Euro champ and possible medal for Voronov.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Happy for Hendrickx to place top 10 but Belgium doesn't have a second man (unless Blommaert makes a comeback to singles ;)).

Now, that's an idea... :agree:

Annabelle is "doing the double", so why not Ruben?!

But there again, Annabelle is representing the same country in both Singles and Pairs. The fact that he is representing Germany in Pairs might scupper Ruben's chances of representing Belgium in Singles. And I don't want to split them up

Scratch that idea.

Plan B: I could suggest to Jenna to pester her hubby to make a comeback... ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP)

Music: Peter Gunn (soundtrack) by Henri Mancini; Harlem Nocturne by Earle Hagen

Black pants. Silver satin shirt w/ red tie and gun holster illusion

4T - free foot down
4S+3T - bit low on salchow, but good save with 3T
3A
CSSp
StSq
4S - stepout
2Lz+2T
3Lo
3F+1Lo+3S - yes!
FCCoSp
ChSt
3S
CCoSp

Some mistakes, but overall strong - should be enough to regain his title easily. Nice to see him regaining his mojo...

FS: 88.19+87.36 = 175.55 (SB), 267.11 (SB), in 1st (out of 20)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Love this competition.. oh Javier :love: will it be enough for gold? Yes, yes hope!

And now Tomas...

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I don't understand German, but the commentator mentioned Brian Orser's name like 4x during Javier's LP. I get that he's the coach, but why so many times?