Pairs FS - 2014 European Championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS - 2014 European Championships

lady_bee

Medalist
Now, I finishied my short term German lesson. I think my understandings has got better for last few days. (5% to 10%:laugh:)

Who poisoned S/S and V/T?
I was really looking forward to see them today:cry:

Elaine

On the Ice
Ha. The interviewer asked to "please smile the rest of the day".

And he asked if V/T were going to the Games. The rest of the interview was also a bit... :scratch:
Not good performance for V/T again. Hope they can skate brilliantly at the Olympic.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Vera Bazarova letting her hair loose for the medal ceremony... "Look at me! I do have a wild side!" :laugh:

bekalc

Record Breaker
Wow. S/S might have won this battle if they'd skated. Defeated by another Russian team I had never heard of until today. Stolbova/Klimov... Are they even going to Sochi? Better remember their names. I loved their Adams Family program - she performed every second of it. Hard elements very late in the program too!

They are the National Champs, and so yes are going. I think they are solidly now Russia's no2 team.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Aljona Savchenko should be expecting 3 big birthday gifts today: :hb::hb::hb:
- By the skin of their teeth, GB keeps 2 spots for next year: 13+15=28.
- Estonia as well, since they finished in 10th and just get a second spot for next year.
- Italy keeps 3 spots (4+8=12 - 14 would have meant they lose a spot)

Israel comfortably earns a 2nd spot, so no gift necessary! ;)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I feel so bad for V/T. What an epic meltdown. I prefer their SP though. JCS is just weird somehow and doesn't evoke the emotion that the beautiful SP brings. I'm glad that they lost the LP. They shouldn't have won it with S/K skating as wonderful as they did. Sad for the Italians that they couldn't get a medal here. Now Sochi is becoming more and more interesting. It is all coming down to nerves I think. The problem is once the first mistake happened to V/T you could almost feel that they were starting to think about what they were doing. All the lightness was gone.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS LONG PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 220.38 Long Program
2. Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 207.98 Long Program
3. Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 201.61 Long Program
4. Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 195.61 Long Program
5. Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA)185.48 Long Program
6. Maylin WENDE / Daniel WENDE (GER) - 168.32 Long Program
7. Andrea DAVIDOVICH / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI (ISR) - 163.93 Long Program
8. Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 154.55
9. Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 153.21 Long Program
10. Natalja ZABIJAKO / Alexandr ZABOEV (EST) - 149.82 Long Program
11. Daria POPOVA / Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 149.36 Long Program

anotherday

Spectator
Interesting point I heard regarding V/T's free program on the German live stream. After their side by side spin they are posing and 'resting' for more than 20 secs (both their feet are on the ice) which supposedly is a rule violation and should get penalised. If this is the case, than there are obviously different scoring rules for them than for all the others.
Anyway it gives them a huge breather half way through the program. In comparison S/S are skating without this break.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I like pre gpf jump capable v/t better!!! Lol unfair because they jumped in the sp fine. They need to get it together!!!!! They might no longer be capable of winning Olympic gold! Jump issues all of a sudden in the fs!

silverglass

Spectator
Interesting point I heard regarding V/T's free program on the German live stream. After their side by side spin they are posing and 'resting' for more than 20 secs (both their feet are on the ice) which supposedly is a rule violation and should get penalised. If this is the case, than there are obviously different scoring rules for them than for all the others.
Anyway it gives them a huge breather half way through the program. In comparison S/S are skating without this break.
Yeah it's true that they have a pause of about 20 secs, but they are not standing for all that time with two feet on the ice, so I don't think this can be regarded as a rule violation, although I'm not sure about how that rule works.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Stolbova/Klimov are the next great pair. I'm stoked for them - I've adored them since their last junior year - they've always had terrific choreography, so to watch them nail it like they did in the LP is cheer inducing.

V/T's break is not a rule violation so much as something that should hammer at their PCS. But we've had this debate before.

Reynnou

On the Ice
I'm really happy for Ksenia and Fedor, they skated really well today and the judges finally gave them higher PCS than B/L. I hope they can medal in Sotchi.

V/T were disappointing today. Let's hope they do better next month...