Adam Rippon | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Adam Rippon

andromache

Record Breaker
Adam's new hair color is stunning!

I've always wanted to do that to my hair but my hairdresser refuses to allow it because it's too damaging to the hair and too much maintenance. I wonder if we'll still be seeing this color on the GP...not that it really matters :biggrin:.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Dusting off the cobwebs of the thread as suggested.

He was recently interviewed by TSL at ICE Champions where he was adorable as ever.

He does comment on his hair and it sounds like he is planning on keeping it. He sounds like he likes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu8xQe07TQ0

Adam's hair story starts at about 2:30 minutes....but it is a bit rambling and disjointed.

He made a comment that he would not have gone to Champs Camp with it if he did not plan to keep it, and it does not sound like TPTB ordered him to change it, so i actually do expect to see it on the GP.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I don't think this news will shock anyone (maybe one or two Ashley/Adam shippers who were holding out hope ;) ), but I'm glad he feels like he can be open and honest at this point in his career. I expect the usual silly comments like when Eric came out ("why does he have to talk about his sexuality," etc.), but nobody should have to hide a part of themselves and that is exactly why stories like his are needed, especially in this extremely conservative sport. Good for him.

red cat

Rinkside
I expect the usual silly comments like when Eric came out ("why does he have to talk about his sexuality," etc.), but nobody should have to hide a part of themselves and that is exactly why stories like his are needed, especially in this extremely conservative sport. Good for him.
Exactly my thoughts. I am his fan since 2007.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I'm confused. What does he mean by saying, "I feel so overwhelmed that US Figure Skating wants to be a part of me"?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Guess what, there's a girl still surprised and I had to tell her to calm down. :laugh: I was surprised that she didn't know.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay for Adam, but it goes to show how much I (don't) know: I truly thought he was already out.:shrug:

Don't like the hair, don't like the black mesh, but from what I've seen so far, love the steps and Adam's delivery. You go, dude!:cheer2:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Adam himself said that his homosexuality doesn't define him. He said it and that's all. Wish you luck Adam in your career! :cheer:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Well, I awoke to wonderful news all round... in skating (Japan Open) and in life (this). Congratulations, Adam, and thank you for your bravery.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Guess what, there's a girl still surprised and I had to tell her to calm down. :laugh: I was surprised that she didn't know.
lol its surprising someone was surprised:biggrin:
I wonder if all others will come out as well now

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let's keep the "generalities, comments on folks coming out, posts that could get political in nature, etc" (which is why the thread in the Edge was closed) out of the Adam Rippon FF and celebrate Adam!

Feel free to use the Politics forum for general discussion but without finger pointing and using names. Thanks!

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Let's keep the "generalities, comments on folks coming out, posts that could get political in nature, etc" (which is why the thread in the Edge was closed) out of the Adam Rippon FF and celebrate Adam!

Feel free to use the Politics forum for general discussion but without finger pointing and using names. Thanks!
Celebrating Adam includes celebrating a huge part of him - which includes him being gay.

I find it offensive when people say it's "political" to discuss being gay. If that's the case, it should be "political" to discuss Charlie and taniths wedding. Or all the weddings and engagements that have filled the fan fest threads.

I'm a fan of Adam and would prefer not to have to segment my admiration of him as an individual and a skater into pieces and arbitrarily take all the 'gay stuff' to another random "political" thread, which would equate it with things like discussing Putin or Syria or minimum wage.

Politics imply controversy. And to imply being open gay is controversial is inherently offensive. It's not even like Adam came out and started advocating for gay rights legislation, which is at least then literally delving into politics.