Adam Rippon | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Adam Rippon

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
You can, of course, discuss Adam in any respect here, including the fact that he has come out as gay publicly. However, unless he has himself revealed whom he is dating, GS does not allow gossipy speculation about skaters' private lives, so please don't speculate about it. We try to respect skaters' privacy as much as possible.

If you like, we could retitle the Politics forum Politics and Religion, because that would more accurately describe the forum.

Of course, being openly gay should not be controversial.

However, it is controversial in some religions and some countries. And it is not offensive to acknowledge that truth, Imo.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
With respect though, most of my post about Adam's coming out was deleted by the mods. Maybe one sentence could be regarded as 'pointing fingers' as I was annoyed by some comments in the locked thread and elsewhere in the past when other public figures have come out. The rest was saying why I thought it was brave and why it meant a lot to me and a young relative. I am not sure why sentiments like that need to be consigned to the Politics forum.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
In general, a fan fest is not the best place to express annoyance :)

All the best to Adam! btw :cheer:

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I find it offensive when people say it's "political" to discuss being gay. If that's the case, it should be "political" to discuss Charlie and taniths wedding. Or all the weddings and engagements that have filled the fan fest threads.

I don't believe being gay defines who you are anymore than being straight. Just like being black or white. Are we going to discuss someone being black and their abilities, or lack thereof, to skate? If so, I find that offensive.

Anytime a skater "comes out", a long topic evolves into a political debate that has nothing to do with the skater and turns into a bandstand that detracts from said skater. As such, there is the political forum for those who want to discuss gay rights, equality, laws, etc. that are political in nature.

I do not feel being gay is political nor did I say that. And when Adam gets married, I hope that it will be celebrated as all other marriages are here. Not as a "gay" marriage, but a marriage between two people who love each other.

Bottom line, the GS Forum is not a venue for folks to bash each other or hash out their personal beliefs on this subject.

If your post was edited, it was to prevent the thread from going the route explained above, as it always does, and was not a personal attack on your beliefs.

So please let's discuss Adam, celebrate Adam, support Adam in the Adam thread :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Anyone know if Adam means to go for the quad lutz this weekend? I'm hoping he is, for I'd love it for him to get it ratified! Yes, I know that he wouldn't be officially the first to land it, but it would be no mean feat, and a nice feather in his cap, I think. :)

Otherwise, I hope for two great performances from him - good luck, Adam! :)

slider11

Medalist
No quad but a really cool LP from Adam. Couple of the jumps were wonky but overall I really like the feel of this program. The quiet moments in the music allow your eyes to focus on Adam and see his perfect positions. His performance skills are very under rated. There is such a difference to the quality of his artistry over many others. I only see Patrick Chan matching what he brings to the ice. I don't understand why his skating skills and performance are not in the 9s. Some stated their dislike of his costume in the LP but if you watch his program, the gold lines on the shirt accent his beautiful stretches and the marvelous speed he gets in this spins. Plus it has that Sgt Pepper vibe. I think the costume is perfect! Go Adam!
Anyone know if Adam means to go for the quad lutz this weekend? I'm hoping he is, for I'd love it for him to get it ratified! Yes, I know that he wouldn't be officially the first to land it, but it would be no mean feat, and a nice feather in his cap, I think. :)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker

He was trying it in practice, but it wasn't going well so I guess he decided to leave it out.

Great programs regardless, he "sold" them well, enjoyed them a lot.

LRK

Record Breaker
I haven't had the time to watch his FS yet, but am greatly looking foward to it. :)

I'm not sure about his SP yet - I think it needs a little more Power from him in the performance, which I know he is fully capable of supplying; however it's early days in terms of the season, and the more he performs it, the more naturally it will come to him - and the more Power he'll be able to add, I hope. I'm not entirely sure about the choreo, at this point? There seems to be an awful lot of drapey-drooping going on - but maybe all of that will "gell" more for me, too, as the season proresses. Anyway, I think the music choice is excellent for him, however.

But what has he done to his hair?! I've been living under a rock, it seems as I had no idea! I hope he changes it soon, as I can't say I care for it - at the moment he makes me think of... Magneto of all people. No, I don't know why!

As for Adam's PCS - I think he has always been too incosistent to get the "reputation". Also, I feel that it is only recently that he has really come out of his shell and shown us the extent of what he can do as a performer. He used to be pleasant enough to watch - but now... he's got Presence. If he can show some consistent great performances, I hope his PCS will rise.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
forgive me for my ignorance but can someone explain to me why for a skater like adam , it's easier to go for 4lz (even if he has really had success with it) than doing a 4t...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Adam has always loved the Lutz jumps, doing them with both arms over his head. For him, they are easy. And a properly done lutz really explodes off the ice,really flying.

Not everyone finds the toe loop the easiest jump.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i understand that doris and thank you for your answer.. i guess that some skaters just feel at home with specific jumps… .. and since michael weiss was sort of the same trying the 4lz, and since i am not a skater, i am wondering what makes it easier technically for someone like adam, to attempt a 4Lz vs a 4T… for instance, as far as I know only Dice M is attempting a 4 F…. what are the jumps particularities at the quad level that could explain why some skaters can do specific quads but not other ones… like some will only do a 4S but no 4 toe pick quads (Nam) … but then some will try 4 Lz but not own other "simpler as far as we know quads"… in any case… i hope i expressed myself better this time… i am just curious about this…maybe i should have posted my question in another thread HEHE
Adam has always loved the Lutz jumps, doing them with both arms over his head. For him, they are easy. And a properly done lutz really explodes off the ice,really flying.

Not everyone finds the toe loop the easiest jump.

Pika

Final Flight
i understand that doris and thank you for your answer.. i guess that some skaters just feel at home with specific jumps… .. and since michael weiss was sort of the same trying the 4lz, and since i am not a skater, i am wondering what makes it easier technically for someone like adam, to attempt a 4Lz vs a 4T… for instance, as far as I know only Dice M is attempting a 4 F…. what are the jumps particularities at the quad level that could explain why some skaters can do specific quads but not other ones… like some will only do a 4S but no 4 toe pick quads (Nam) … but then some will try 4 Lz but not own other "simpler as far as we know quads"… in any case… i hope i expressed myself better this time… i am just curious about this…maybe i should have posted my question in another thread HEHE

I think a part of the explanation lies in the feeling of the jump. The feeling of the timing, of the technique... I really don't know how to say it but for example, I'm much more comfortable with the flip than the toe-loop and I feel like it's because my body understands the mechanism better. It's probably related to muscle memory or something like that... I knew a skater who said that if I had to go into a quad, he will do quad lutz because it's the more natural jump he can do... But I will be glad to read some other pieces of explanation if somebody have !

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yeah… i understand.. let's see if we can hear more about this….. thanks for sharing your own experience
I think a part of the explanation lies in the feeling of the jump. The feeling of the timing, of the technique... I really don't know how to say it but for example, I'm much more comfortable with the flip than the toe-loop and I feel like it's because my body understands the mechanism better. It's probably related to muscle memory or something like that... I knew a skater who said that if I had to go into a quad, he will do quad lutz because it's the more natural jump he can do... But I will be glad to read some other pieces of explanation if somebody have !

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Has Adam mentioned who did his choreography this season? The reason I ask is that his ISU bio says Tom Dickson/Adam Rippon, but a friend (an avid Adam fan) insists Jeff Buttle did Adam's SP.

Thanks for any info!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What can I say?

Here's what GS has:

SP Who Wants to Live Forever by Queen; choreo by Tom Dickson, Adam Rippon
LP Beatles medley: Because (The World is Round); Get Back; Yesterday; and Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band; choreo by Tom Dickson, Adam Rippon

Icenetwork does not list choreographer by program. In the upper right hand page block on Adam's bio, they list:

Choreographer: T. Dickson, J. Buttle

Adam needs to update his Icenetwork bio.

His own website is not updated this season:

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/adamrippon/programs.html