Adam Rippon | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Adam Rippon

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Congratulations to the US silver fox :clap: I'm definitely very pro-quad and I have mixed feelings about the judging, but that's on them, not Adam. He did the best he could & he's worked hard for a long time to get here. Good job!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to my fellow Pennsylvanian. :clap: It took me some time to warm up to Adam, and I was never in the "Adamwuzrobbed" camp of last year, but that FP this year has it all and he sells it like the rent is due.

Now back to the golden curls, my man, it's your best look.;)

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I wept tears of joy when Adam's LP marks appeared on my TV screen, and I realized that his score would be enough to put him in 1st place. The most that I hoped for was for him to make the Top 3, so I was completely stunned (in a good way) and overwhelmed with emotion over the fact that he could actually be the champion! From the 2011/2012 season until Rippon's "rebirth" at the start of 2015, I had completely given up on him, so seeing him win this competition was like experiencing an "impossible" dream come true.

Last edited:

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I spent last night watching old Adam programs. His glorious skate at Junior Nationals in St.Paul right through to yesterdays wonderful skate. So beyond happy for him. So thrilled for his team and his Mom. No, he didn't have a quad, but he did say he will work on having a more solid quad for worlds.
Adam truly deserves this acknowledgment of his talents and it will renew him and give him confidence.
So so happy for him!! Been waiting a LONG time for this.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It just occurred to me that it's fitting for Adam to essentially pull off a "Jeff Buttle" at the U.S. Nationals because Jeff choreographed his LP. ;) There was also a lot of brouhaha when Jeff won the 2008 Worlds without a quad, and coincidentally, Rafael was Jeff's secondary coach.

slider11

Medalist
So Adam is withdrawing from 4CC? Hopefully not injury. More likely want to focus on his prep for Worlds. Strategically, getting shown up by the asian quad jumpers might take some of the sizzle out of is current success at Nationals. I know he's doing a charity event in NYC and then likely back home to Raf to really get grilled for Worlds. Ashley Wagner, another Raf student, also stepped away from 4CC. It's probably a good move for Adam. Get that 4 Lutz solid, add it into your short and long and maybe, just maybe with a clean rest of the program and strong artistry hr just may have a podium chance.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Adam's performance at Bryant Park earlier today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci0xCIWvZ1E

Thx for posting the video from Bryant Park.
It was a treat to see Adam's performance in person.
And what I enjoyed even more was gaining a first-hand understanding of why he is so well-liked as one of the good guys of figure skating.

Over the last few years, I have attended several Bryant Park ice shows featuring other current and recent champions, who no doubt are fine people too. But Adam was the first :cool: in my experience to make himself accessible after a Bryant Park show. With no prompting, he lingered at the boards long after the curtain call, focusing his attention in turn on each individual who wanted to take a selfie, to give/get a hug, or to exchange some friendly words. He made a lot of people happy :).

I look forward to cheering for him :yay: and Max :yay: and Grant :yay: when they compete at Worlds.

Last edited: