Schedule & TV Streams Four Continents | Golden Skate

Schedule & TV Streams Four Continents

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now, as the 4 Continents are being held in Taiwan, that means that the competitions start in the middle of the night in Europe. And Eurosport NEVER broadcasts during the night unless it is for tennis.

And, guess what! The Australian Open tennis is still on this week! At exactly the same time as the skating! So, there will definitely be NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER for us to get LIVE coverage of the skating. :disapp:

Instead, there will be 2 hours of highlights every evening! :biggrin: (Which is more than we got for Europeans!)

WOW! For once all the versions of Eurosport 2 are showing exactly the same coverage!

Eurosport Deutschland’s website is the only one that gave detailed descriptions for each programme. So, I have copied these descriptions over to the listings for the other versions as well.

In addition to the coverage on the continental Eurosports, British is also showing skating on Eurosport 1 later on nearly every night. I assume that these are just repeats of what was shown earlier on Eurosport 2. But just in case they aren’t, I have left the descriptions blank.

Well, I suppose 2 hours a day is better than what we often get... :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Eurosport Nederland (All times CET)

Wednesday 22nd January 2014
ESP2 18:00 – 20:00 Short Dance, Pairs Short and Men’s Short

Thursday 23rd January 2014
ESP2 18:00 – 20:00 Free Dance and Ladies Free

Friday 24th January 2014
ESP2 18:00 – 20:00 Pairs Free and Men’s Free

Monday 27th January 2014
ESP2 03:00 – 05:00 Pairs Free and Men’s Free
ESP2 07:00 – 09:00 Ladies Free and Gala

Tuesday 28th January 2014
ESP2 05:00 – 07:00 Ladies Free and Gala

Friday 31st January 2014
ESP2 18:00 – 20:00 Ladies Free and Gala

Eurosport Deutschland (All times CET)

Friday 24th January 2014

Saturday 25th January 2014

Monday 27th January 2014

Friday 31st January 2014

Eurosport France (All times CET)

Friday 24th January 2014

Monday 27th January 2014

Friday 31st January 2014

British Eurosport (All times GMT)

BES2 17:00 – 19:00 Short Dance, Pairs Short and Men’s Short
BES2 19:00 – 21:00 Europeans

BES2 17:00 – 19:00 Free Dance and Ladies Free
BES2 21:00 – 23:00 4CC ????

Friday 24th January 2014
BES2 17:00 – 19:00 Pairs Free and Men’s Free
BES1 20:45 – 22:45 4CC ????

BES2 17:00 – 19:00 Ladies Free and Gala
BES1 19:30 – 21:30 4CC ????

Sunday 26th January 2014
BES2 16:15 – 18:15 Europeans

Monday 27th January 2014
BES2 02:00 – 04:00 Pairs Free and Men’s Free
BES2 06:00 – 08:00 Ladies Free and Gala
BES2 14:30 – 16:30 Europeans
BES1 22:15 – 00:20 4CC ????

BES2 04:00 – 06:00 Ladies Free and Gala

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hi, CL_fan. You intended to say Taipei. (Worlds will be in Japan. ;))

Surprisingly it wasn't Worlds that put Japan in my head. It was because in the last comment I had posted before this, I was talking about the GP Final.

Sorry about that. I've that many things spinning around in my head at the minute (mostly to do with the Predictions Game), I typed the wrong thing.

Sure, in another comment I posted this morning, instead of typing John Kerr, I typed "John Jerr". :rolleye:

Evil cousin, perhaps?! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
And, guess what! The Australian Open tennis is still on this week! At exactly the same time as the skating! So, there will definitely be NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER for us to get LIVE coverage of the skating
I suppose that also means no Simon Reed commentating :-/

Will it be Nicky Slater all on his lonesome again? (He seems a bit "lost" on his own, with nobody to "bounce" off...)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, I cannot find this entry on the Eurosport Nederland listing:

Looks like they consider German soccer more important, and they make us wait until Monday morning 03:00. :bang:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unfortunately, I cannot find this entry on the Eurosport Nederland listing:

Looks like they consider German soccer more important, and they make us wait until Monday morning 03:00. :bang:

Right enough. The Dutch version was the last one I checked, so I think I must have been in a hurry and missed deleting that entry. (I always do it British first, then German, then French, then Dutch)

Either that, or I was thinking about other things (the Predictions Game!) and forgot I was only at Saturday, and thought I was onto Sunday!!!

It's fixed now.

I've made a right mess of my post this time round, haven't I?!

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I've made a right mess of my post this time round, haven't I?!
I think you do a great job; I don't think many people have the patience or will to check all those listings!

BTW How ironic that Dutch Eurosport focuses on German soccer, but German Eurosport shows figure skating instead!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think you do a great job; I don't think many people have the patience or will to check all those listings!

Awww!!! Thank you!!!

BTW How ironic that Dutch Eurosport focuses on German soccer, but German Eurosport shows figure skating instead!

Isn't it just! ;)

To be fair, Britain, France and Germany are the only Eurosports that are showing the skating. The only reason that Eurosport is not showing the Bundesliga in in these countries is that other channels have the rights:

BT Sport in the UK and Ireland
Canal Plus in France
Sky in Germany

So, I suppose we should be grateful for that! ;) :biggrin:

Let's face it, there are enough things keeping the skating off Eurosport.

I suppose that also means no Simon Reed commentating :-/

Will it be Nicky Slater all on his lonesome again? (He seems a bit "lost" on his own, with nobody to "bounce" off...)

Yeah, I miss Simon too. Although he was not a skater himself, and frequently makes mistakes, he is a great commentator nonetheless.

It's just a pity that tennis is his first love.

But, I'm confused by quite how much tennis Eurosport is showing. Because, I thought BT Sport had the exclusive UK and Ireland WTA rights from the 2014 season. Unless the Australian Open is different because it is both men and women. In which case, it will presumably be the same for Wimbledon come June.

Thank goodness the skating season will be over by then!

CaroLiza_fan

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Does anybody know anything about the 4cc on TV in Canada? I checked programs on Rogers VIP, but only Aussie Open in tennis is over night. I could not find any figure skating. Hockey, yes - plenty. Right now they're showing some fighting in a hockey game...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does anyone know the schedule for Universal Sports?

~ NBC will air coverage of the Four Continents Championships from 4:30-6 p.m. (ET) on Saturday, Feb. 1, with additional coverage on Universal Sports Network.

~ Universal Sports Network 2014 Four Continents Broadcast Schedule (All times Eastern; subject to change)

Wednesday, Jan. 22
Short dance 5 p.m.
Pairs short 6 p.m.
Men's short 7 p.m.​

Thursday, Jan. 23
Free dance 6 p.m.
Ladies short 7 p.m.​

Friday, Jan. 24
Pairs free 6 p.m.​

joannix

Rinkside
Yeah, I miss Simon too. Although he was not a skater himself, and frequently makes mistakes, he is a great commentator nonetheless.

It's just a pity that tennis is his first love.

But, I'm confused by quite how much tennis Eurosport is showing. Because, I thought BT Sport had the exclusive UK and Ireland WTA rights from the 2014 season. Unless the Australian Open is different because it is both men and women. In which case, it will presumably be the same for Wimbledon come June.

Thank goodness the skating season will be over by then!

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you so much for taking your time!!!! Btw I´m like Simon...though enjoy watching Figure Skating a lot!!! I must say that tennis is always will be mi first love....FIgure Skating..my second one....;)

GF2445

Record Breaker
I'm frantically trying to find a live stream somewhere!!

I know Eurosport are doing highlights but since it only goes for 2 hours a day I doubt that I will say any of the Australians.

Pity I can't use Ice Network (those damn geoblock rules)
The ISU used to have a service where you can pay for live streaming of Figure Skating Championship events but they only do free streaming of speed skating now.
I doubt any European channel will be broadcasting this live.

My only real hope is to find out which Taiwanese or Chinese broadcaster is showing this live and hope they have a stream...or see if Japan has one.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
I'm frantically trying to find a live stream somewhere!!

I know Eurosport are doing highlights but since it only goes for 2 hours a day I doubt that I will say any of the Australians.

The ISU used to have a service where you can pay for live streaming of Figure Skating Championship events but they only do free streaming of speed skating now.
I doubt any European channel will be broadcasting this live.

My only real hope is to find out which Taiwanese or Chinese broadcaster is showing this live and hope they have a stream...or see if Japan has one.

If you find anything please post! I did not get IceNetwork this year (plan to next year).

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
If you find anything please post! I did not get IceNetwork this year (plan to next year).

The Taiwan local broadcaster that's going to do the live broadcasting is "videoland sports". So search for any live streaming of that channel may work. Good luck!

auser

Record Breaker
According to the "Hot Blades, Hot Passion" web site, Xsport (Ukranian sports channel) will be showing 4cc short dance and other events live.
I found an Xsport stream here: http://en.glaz.tv/online-tv/xsport They are currently showing European Championships exhibition programs I think.
I will keep looking for a videoland sports stream(Thank you for the tip Cohkaix).

Update: They did not show 4CC Short Dance live on Xsport. Oh well:slink:

You can get around that. You can use a VPN service like Overplay to get a foreign IP address. Overplay is $5 per month and it allows you to set your IP address to any country allowing you to watch everything you want, bypassing geo-blocking.

I've used it in the past and it worked well, not slowing down my connection much.