TV and breasts | Golden Skate

TV and breasts

ikfan

Rinkside
If you lived anywhere on this planet everyone is familar with the hoopla about Ms Jackson at halftime.

I was a little surprised then, on the weekend, at 7:00pm on TVA Quebec station when I sat down to watch Kat Witt and friends [this season's version of Divas on ice]. They started the broadcast with pics of Ms Witt from her competing days to the present and mixed in the bunch were two or three from her playboy layout that showed full frontal nudity from the waist up and full side nudity!

I guess no one was bothered by it as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere! Viva la France...network. :D

Antilles

Medalist
Quebec TV has always been more lenient that way. I grew up with it. It's nice to not have people overreact to a small incident.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
they are just booobies!

I don't understand the obsession and uproar about them

Lumps of fat...thats what they are!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm going to move this into Le Cafe just because this has to do with more than just skating/Kat Witt...

IDLERACER

Medalist
Most skaters might only have "Lumps Of Fat," but Tonya Harding's and Nicole Bobek's now contain an additional non-organic substance as well.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a titillating subject!!!! You would think that Ms. Jackson was the biggest boob on the face of the earth. All she was trying to do was keep everyone abreast of what was going on.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Dee

John King

Final Flight
Q:Why are a woman's breasts like toy trains?

A:They were originally meant for children,but eventually daddy gets to play with them as well!:laugh:

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Q: Why is a woman's belly-button like a shortstop?

A: Because it is positioned between 2nd and 3rd base.

Ba-Da-Boom!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
As someone said on Bill Maher, "Right idea, wrong boob."

Seriously, what someone else on the Maher panel said was that it wasn't the breast that was bothersome, it was the context. For one thing, the way Timberlake and Jackson moved suggested sexual violence. For another, this was on network TV, not cable, during half-time of the Super Bowl, which is supposed to be "family entertainment," even though you've got 36 guys out there beating the heII out of each other. On cable, before a show such as "Sex and the City"--or any show for that matter--there's rating information prior to the show, ie, "For Mature Audiences Only; adult situations, nudity, excessive violence" etc. If, prior to the Super Bowl, there would have been a rating saying "Half time entertainment will contain nudity. Parental discretion advised," I think people would have at least been prepared and been able to choose whether they wanted to watch or allow their children to watch.

It's like, you buy "Playboy" you know what you're getting. You buy "Women's Day" you don't expect to see a woman's "day" displayed in sexually suggestive manner.

I didn't watch the Super Bowl but if I had, I probably have laughed at the absurdity. But I can see how a lot of people would be angry about seeing something like that when there weren't expecting it.
Rgirl