Whom are you looking forward to in the Worlds? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Whom are you looking forward to in the Worlds?

Tove

On the Ice
Johnny Weir, since I¨ve never seen him skate before, and finally..:)

Soldatova, since I read so much about how she's improved!

Miki Ando, saw her at junior worlds last year, with the quad...and is now hoping for improvment in maturity...

Carolina, Ilia......and of course, my awsome Sergei

:love:

mkfanatic

Rinkside
Ladies - MICHELLE!!! I am also looking forward to seeing jenny, sasha, arakawa, slutskaya, and ANDO! oooh, and Jenna McKorkell and Carolina Kostner

Men- Johnny Wier, never seen him skate before, brian joubert and ilia klimkin, he is so unique and i love him!!!!

Pairs - Shen and Zhoa, 3 in a row????

Dancer - Kerr/Kerr, fir any1 not seen them, keep ur eye out, they are awesome, and if your looking for someting unique, definetly watch them. Ps, he's a crowd pleaser, watch the OD! sorry, i am biased, I know them! Well, 10th at 1st european's not bad!

jozmen01

Rinkside
I'm looking forward to seeing Miki Ando - I've read so much about her & she is doing so well!

I loved Shen & Zao's long in Colorado Springs, love the music, can't wait to see them again.

And I hope to see Tanith & Ben win their first World medal!!!!!!!!

icenut84

Final Flight
eliza88 said:
They didn't show the dance at Europeans but they had said it was a 5-4 split between the Russians vs. the Bulgarians--this should make the dance more interesting at Worlds (of course fingers are crossed that Belbin/Agusto contend for a medal)

I'm not sure if D&S didn't actually win the free dance at Euros. Navka & Kostomarov, who skated last, got four 1sts, four 2nds and a 3rd, IIRC. I thought that meant they were second in the free behind the Bulgarians. I'm not positive on that though, would have to check D&S's ordinals behind them... but I think D&S only lost one ordinal at the most to another team below them. It's confusing.

As for who I'm looking forward to at worlds - I saw a lot of the programmes from Europeans, so I'm especially looking forward to seeing the new programmes from everyone else.

Ladies - I can't wait to see Fumie's short to the Rolling Stones! I read somewhere it's a slightly different version, but everyone's been raving about it, plus she was wearing black tights. I hope it's as good as it sounds. I'm also really looking forward to seeing the Americans (especially Sasha's LP) & the Japanese (especially Miki Ando, heard so much about her), and seeing how Sebestyen, Kostner, Liashenko and the Russian girls can do, and Susanna Poykio. I just can't wait to see the whole competition, really. It's so open. It's gonna be awesome.

Men - Sandhu, Weir (never seen him), Weiss, Li. I have to say though, I'm mostly looking forward to seeing how the Euros perform. I really really want Plush to be able to skate great and retain his title, and I also really want Lambiel and Klimkin to do great. I agree with those who've been praising Lambiel - IMO, he's AMAZING. Incredible spins (male Lucinda Ruh), great jumps when he is consistent, musicality, flow - and he is the *definition* of in-betweens and the complete-package skater. I hope he pulls it together. I also hope Klimkin medals, along with Plush & Lambiel. Klimkin is so original and voidy! At Euros he did a clockwise camel spin, immediately into a normal camel spin, and immediately into a 3salchow! As in he didn't even change feet or anything before the jump. IIRC he also did a cantilever into a 3loop.

Dance - Belbin & Agosto and the Canadian teams. I hope Denkova & Staviyski do well - I want them to win. I also hope the Kerrs can repeat their performances from Euros! They totally rock. (And they're from GB! Yay!!! :D )

Pairs - Shen & Zhao (they're my faves, and I've heard so many good things about their new LP). I'm also interested in seeing the other 2 Chinese teams, and Langlois & Archetto. I'd also like to see Petrova & Tikhonov repeat the awesome skate they delivered at Euros. They've improved so much. Oh, and Obertas/Slavnov! They're great.

Last edited:

alina

Rinkside
I am looking forward to see:
Men: Plushenko, Weir, Lambiel, Sandhu
Ladies: Kwan, Kostner, Kirk, Arakawa

DivakawaFan

Rinkside
I'm dying to see Miki Ando. I've only seen her at once, at last years Jr. worlds when she was 2nd to Ota and apparently she's much improved since then. Can't wait!:p
Also: Eman Sandhu, havent seen him since for about 2 years! Liashenko, Slutskaya. Kirk, Shen/Zhao :love:

And Shizuka of course!! Go Divakawa get your first world medal!! :D

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
DivakawaFan said:

And Shizuka of course!! Go Divakawa get your first world medal!! :D

I'll second that!! I was so glad to see her have such a terrific season this year, because in prior years I'd only get to see her about once a year and I always wanted to see more of her; she's one of the ladies I never get tired of watching.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
ladies: Miki Ando (I haven't seen her this year!)
Soldatova (Also haven't seen her this year)
Michelle-she's supposed to have been making program changes in spins and transitions, and I want to see.
And Irina, not only to see her skate, but just to see her happy and healthy.

Men: Klimkin-I want to see him absolutely ace all his 3 programs. I love his creatvity
Lambiel-Love his spins, haven't seen him this year
Chenjiang Li-want to see him skate well again, plus I like the humor he often incorporates

Pairs: Inoue Baldwin-just want them to skate very very well.
Shen and Zhao-looking for a repeat of the total emotional impact of them in DC. And I haven't seen enough of their new program yet.
Obertas and Slavnov-loved their Euro's performances

Dance: Winkler and Lohse. Not only haven't I seen them this year, I want them to do very, very well in Dortmund.
The Kerr's-so many raves from Euro's and I've never seen them.
D&S-Just because I really like them
B&A to win a bronze, or at least finish 4th.
(but I don't like WSS very much as a program-too many bad cuts, and the retrospective from when Ben is supposed to be dead after the Rumble, and then going backward until he is dead again is just not my thing.