2014 4cc Short Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 4cc Short Dance

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I haven't seen any of it , but .24 isn't much of a lead by R/H over O/W and 1.33 between H/D and G/P is still pretty durn close..I have to hope something will turn up on youtube ,or I'll see nothing of this till Feb.1.. wish there was a better feed.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
It's a shame that this was K/G-S's last chance to perform that SD (I think, anyway). I'd only seen it once and I loved it this time, even with the twizzle mistake.

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER (CAN) - 62.38 Short Dance
2. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE (USA) - 61.05 Short Dance
3. Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON (USA) - 57.65 Short Dance
4. Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL (CAN) - 53.97 Short Dance
5 Nicole ORFORD / Thomas WILLIAMS (CAN) - 53.73 Short Dance
6. Lynn KRIENGKRAIRUT / Logan GIULIETTI-SCHMITT (USA) - 49.55 Short Dance
7. Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU (CHN) - 46.81
8. Yura MIN / Timothy KOLETO (KOR) - 45.12 Short Dance
9. Yiyi ZHANG / Nan WU (CHN) - 44.60
10. Danielle OBRIEN / Gregory MERRIMAN (AUS) - 44.16
11. Emi HIRAI / Marien DE LA ASUNCION (JPN) - 44.11 Short Dance

conga

On the Ice
It's a shame that this was K/G-S's last chance to perform that SD (I think, anyway). I'd only seen it once and I loved it this time, even with the twizzle mistake.

I really liked this SD for them, too! I had not seen R/H's program before and enjoyed that as well.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
It makes me wonder why they they chose Taipei again to host 4CC because the same thing happened last time.
Even the incentive of free tickets didn't seem to convince many people of showing up.

Yeah. I wondered this myself. I guess 2014 was the year for Asia to host 4CC instead of North America since we know these events have to be rotated by country, but in an Olympic year, why not choose a country like Japan where they love figure skating and events are well-attended? Nothing against Taipei, but I don't get the logic of it.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I think TSN/CTV cut Ralph & Hill out of their Ice Dance coverage at Canadians this month, so that's probably another reason why many people even in Canada haven't seen it either.

conga

On the Ice
I guess 2014 was the year for Asia to host 4CC instead of North America since we know these events have to be rotated by country, but in an Olympic year, why not choose a country like Japan where they love figure skating and events are well-attended? Nothing against Taipei, but I don't get the logic of it.

It has to be really difficult for the athletes, too, especially those who just came from their well-attended Nationals.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah. I wondered this myself. I guess 2014 was the year for Asia to host 4CC instead of North America since we know these events have to be rotated by country, but in an Olympic year, why not choose a country like Japan where they love figure skating and events are well-attended? Nothing against Taipei, but I don't get the logic of it.

#australiafor4CCs

colleen o'neill

Medalist
R/H fell victim to the dang split competition ( I hate the set up ) They weren't cut out,they just didn't place high enough to make the tv coverage..e.g. CTV only showed the final group for the FD. What wasn't on TV was streamed ... but it's a paid service.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
R/H - I thought the choreography was, at best, serviceable, but she really has lovely arms and a real lightness to her skating that is quite fetching.

On the whole though, I don't think any team really captured the essence of the Finnstep, which is all about effervescence and lightness and bubbly good times. I just didn't get that feeling from any of the programs here. It was like you could see the "work" in "working it." But hey, YMMV...

Still, I'm greatly looking forward to the FD because it includes two of my absolute favorite programs of the season (both of which I actually prefer to Marlie and Voir's FDs): H/D's Boho Rhapsody and G/P's Hitchcock.

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT - Updated

1. Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER (CAN) - 62.38 Short Dance
2. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE (USA) - 61.05 Short Dance
3. Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON (USA) - 57.65 Short Dance
4. Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL (CAN) - 53.97 Short Dance
5 Nicole ORFORD / Thomas WILLIAMS (CAN) - 53.73 Short Dance
6. Lynn KRIENGKRAIRUT / Logan GIULIETTI-SCHMITT (USA) - 49.55 Short Dance
7. Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU (CHN) - 46.81
8. Yura MIN / Timothy KOLETO (KOR) - 45.12 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
9. Yiyi ZHANG / Nan WU (CHN) - 44.60