Time for Mirai to prove that she is serious. | Golden Skate

Time for Mirai to prove that she is serious.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I'm really looking forward to her in Taiwan. At the moment, Four Continents is her last major competition for this Olympic season so I hope she can use the frustration and anger she must be feeling and channel it into two knock out skates.

The field isn't that strong and she can medal if her jumps are round.

It's time for her to stick it to the USFSA!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
More like it's time for her crazy "fans" to quit opening new threads when they already have billions!

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
More like it's time for her to get new programs and rotate those triples!

Well, she can't get new programs before 4CCs. :rolleye: And besides - not every skater can afford new programs right away. Top choreographers are expensive, some charge upwards of $5000.00 for an SP and $10,000.00 for a FS.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Well, she can't get new programs before 4CCs. :rolleye: And besides - not every skater can afford new programs right away. Top choreographers are expensive, some charge upwards of $5000.00 for an SP and $10,000.00 for a FS.

I hope she continues to train with Mura in Japan. There was noticeable improvement between NHK to Rostelecom to Nationals. She doesn't really have any other choice but to stick with her programs but I do hope On Golden Pond becomes a short program:) I hope she kills it at 4CC and at least gets to go to Worlds.

flying camel

Medalist
Yes I agree. She needs to show up at the start of the season prepared. She usually is prepared for nationals. She needs a coach that can help her keep up with the younger skaters. She needs either the 3lutz/3toe or 3flip/3toe in her LP. She has proven that she can land the jumps when prepared. Time to grow up and take charge of her career.

I hope she has a good performance at four continents.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
That's a lot to ask anyone. I just hope she continues to develop but I do wonder if she will retire. It is expensive to train and Mirai has been doing this for a while. I am not sure she wants to end up like Zhang or Flatt who place so low at Nationals we didn't really see them and that appears to be their farewell.;

scooter

Rinkside
IMO, Mirai got treated pretty shabbily. I hope she does have a great skate in Taiwan, Though I have to cheer for Brooklee Han.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
More like it's time for her crazy "fans" to quit opening new threads when they already have billions!

Same could be said about Ashley's "crazy" fans. Every time I visit GS there is a new thread subject on each of these ladies.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haven't seen any practice reports for Mirai, only for the Japanese ladies and Zijun Li.

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
I think 1 of 2 scenarios will pan out for Mirai:

1. She will channel her anger and turn it into something positive, setting herself up for next season well and getting back "in" with the international judges.

OR

2. She will self-implode because of her frustration

Hopefully it will be #1!

caitie

Medalist
A lot of skaters have talked about how difficult it is to finish the season strong after missing the Olympic/World's team, so I don't think that a poor placement at 4CC will prove anything. A good placement would be a nice FU to the USFSA, tho.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I hope she continues to train with Mura in Japan. There was noticeable improvement between NHK to Rostelecom to Nationals. She doesn't really have any other choice but to stick with her programs but I do hope On Golden Pond becomes a short program:) I hope she kills it at 4CC and at least gets to go to Worlds.

It'd be a dream come true if somehow Mirai (perhaps with Adam's help) were able to turn 'On Golden Pond' into a competitive program. :biggrin:

I hope Mirai has two great skates at 4CCs no matter what happens. And I hope she's back next season with a new fire in her heart.

She'll be first up in the SP in the Final warm up group. I don't recall if that's usually a good spot for her but as she's coming right off of warm ups I guess it's good - she won't have time to think too much and get nervous! :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think 1 of 2 scenarios will pan out for Mirai:

1. She will channel her anger and turn it into something positive, setting herself up for next season well and getting back "in" with the international judges.

OR

2. She will self-implode because of her frustration

Hopefully it will be #1!

See, it's a total lose-lose situation. She does well, the nutjobs set up the hue and cry, waaah, waaah, waaah, she should have gone to Sochi. She loses, the nutjobs set up the hue and cry, waaaaah, waaah, waaaah, the big mean evil USFSA broke her little heart and now she can't skate.

lavender

Record Breaker
I always hope for the best for Mirai but it's not time for anything. She's already tried to prove her point.

R.D.

Record Breaker
See, it's a total lose-lose situation. She does well, the nutjobs set up the hue and cry, waaah, waaah, waaah, she should have gone to Sochi. She loses, the nutjobs set up the hue and cry, waaaaah, waaah, waaaah, the big mean evil USFSA broke her little heart and now she can't skate.

:laugh: pretty much.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'd like to see her skate well and build momentum into the next season if she continues. If she wants to make it back to Worlds her campaign needs to begin now.