Pairs- Short Program 4cc 2014 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs- Short Program 4cc 2014

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
1) Lady’s split position (each leg at least 45° from the body axis)
2) Catching the lady at the side of the waist without her hand(s)/arm(s)/any part of upper body touching the man
3) Lady’s position in the air with arm(s) above the head (minimum one full revolution)
4) Difficult take-off (steps/skating moves executed by both partners immediately preceding take-off)
5) Man’s arms sideways, being straight or almost straight, reaching at least shoulder level after release of the lady

She doesn't split, so they don't get bullet 1
She doesn't put her arms up until she's done rotation - no bullet 3 (she may sometimes have the arms up for a full rotation)
The steps weren't difficult (maybe they sometimes get credit for this one?)
They don't have a difficult take off
He reaches up for her (arms above shoulders)

Usually they get credit for the catch being correct (and I think it was here too?)

You need 1 from this list to get level 1, 2 for level 2, and so forth. (This is the latest version)

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Sui/Han were amazing... they seem to be more synchronized on their side by side jumps than before(which used to bother me), and more put together in general. i wish they'd go to worlds... does anyone know if pang/tong are planning to skate after sochi?

I agree. S/H showed more maturity and improved skating skills as well as bigger more in synced jumps. That was an amazing SP! I wish them skate a clean LP to boost their confidence going into World. I'm pretty sure P/T will retire after the Olympics, gut feeling, especially if they get a medal.

gold12345

Medalist
S/K typically receive credit for bullet 2 and bullet 5, which would be a level 2 triple twist. But in any event, even though they were only given a Lvl 1, they reached 66 pts. Quite impressive.

Sui/Han were amazing... they seem to be more synchronized on their side by side jumps than before(which used to bother me), and more put together in general.

I agree. I thought the 3Ts looked much better than they usually do (both in terms of unison and the size of the jumps), and the overall skate was fantastic.

gnom

On the Ice
Such a great SP by Sui & Han. Simply wonderful. Even in slow motion their 3T was in complete sync.

Re. Kayne & O Shea - can someone please teach that girl a proper stroking technique. That was immensely distracting. Apart from that solid elements.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
In Sochi, Takahashi/Kihara will compete as a pair both in the team event and in the competition for the individual discipline, right?

Based on their placement at Nebelhorn, they were the first alternates for the individual discipline.
And my understanding is that then one of the countries that had a pairs slot for Sochi had to give it up b/c of a citizenship issue with one of the skaters.

Yeah, this is correct.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
So glad sui/han wont be in Sochi.

Nope. Mostly because they did a terrible LP at NHK, and didn't get to GPF. I really think it is a bad choice of music for their LP this season. Too much content was packed into the program and if they miss one element, the following elements can be easily affected.