2014 Four Continents- Men's Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Four Continents- Men's Short Program

auser

Record Breaker
Did Kranjec lose his footing during a spin and footwork? Too bad, it was a lovely program otherwise. I liked his split jumps.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
wow Elladj was really selling it in the footwork... my damn icenetwork stream keeps freezin!!

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
wow Ten is a lovely skater, fast across the ice, lots of transitions and great spins :)

zamboni step

Final Flight
Quite an empty program from Yee Julian Zhi Jie. He got the jumps done though so well done to him, I just wish he kept his skating leg straight on the change camel. :slink:

auser

Record Breaker
Nam Nguyen looks like a promising skater. Nice spins and enthusiastic performance skills.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Yi Wang looks like a promising skater. Nice spins and enthusiastic performance skills.

That last combination spin was wow. Nam was great despite the telegraphing, although I wonder if they let him get away with his questionable toe-loop technique. Lee June Hyoung's jumping technique of hurling himself into the air like a sack of potatoes appears to be costing him quality, all three jumping passes were messy. He gave an enthusiastic performance though.

auser

Record Breaker
That last combination spin was wow. Nam was great despite the telegraphing, although I wonder if they let him get away with his questionable toe-loop technique. Lee June Hyoung's jumping technique of hurling himself into the air like a sack of potatoes appears to be costing him quality, all three jumping passes were messy. He gave an enthusiastic performance though.
Thanks for discreetly catching my error. I did mean Nam, but typed in Yi Wang while trying to make sure I spelled Nam's name correctly:eek::. It's 4 am here. ;)

zamboni step

Final Flight
Thanks for discreetly catching my error. I did mean Nam, but typed in Yi Wang while trying to make sure I spelled Nam's name correctly:eek::. It's 4 am here. ;)

Don't mention it. :p Song Nan may not be the best performer, but I've liked him since the 2011 Cup of China, I wish he would skate like he did then. That 3Lz was great and it's good to see him skate close to his potential. His performance abilities have improved a bit but I really wish the men would work on inventing some less ugly camel variations.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Joshua has the attack and passion for tango but I wish he'd have a little bit more preciseness, and bluntly, sexual chemistry. He has the best spins of the field so far though and I hope they reward him for that. The lack of 3-3 is going to hurt him though, also is just me or do his flip and lutz look exactly the same?

auser

Record Breaker
Joshua has the attack and passion for tango but I wish he'd have a little bit more preciseness, and bluntly, sexual chemistry. He has the best spins of the field so far though and I hope they reward him for that. The lack of 3-3 is going to hurt him though, also is just me or do his flip and lutz look exactly the same?
I like his passion and feel for artistry. I feel like he gets a bit anxious, and look forward to his skating developing and sharpening with experience going forward.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Thanks for the live stream link!

Richard DORNBUSH (USA)

Music: The Sons of Italy by Henry Mancini

Black pants, dark red velvet jacket over frilly white shirt

4S - hands down, stepout, maybe UR
3A - nice!
FCSp
StSq
3Lz+3T - solid
CSSp
CCoSp

Not the best landing on quad salchow, but the rest of the elements were clean and crisp. Should be enough for the lead, I think

SP: 43.56+38.57 = 82.13 (SB), in 1st (out of 21)