Barbie and Ken Split | Golden Skate

Barbie and Ken Split

What possessed that woman to do this to Ken?

I am totally upset that after 40 years of togetheness, that blonde vixen has run off with an Australian surfboard teenager.

Can you condone her actions"

Joe

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Barbie probably found out Ken's been playing doctor with Skipper and Midge in the dream house.

Last edited:
SusanBeth said:
Barbie probably found out, Ken's been playing doctor with Skipper and Midge in the dream house.
I used to have my Barbies et al. play that very same game, lol. You get to be about 10, or at least I did, and you start creating Barbie Theater that would go something like this:
Barbie: I think I'll take a bath. La la la, taking off my clothes.
(Ken walks in when Barbie's naked)
Barbie: Ken! What are you doing here? I'm naked.
Ken: Barbie! You're naked. Sit on the chair. (This was before bendable Barbies, and you know what Barbie's legs did when she sat down. I won't say what we called our Barbie's then, but Sasha Cohen does a move...never mind, lol.)
Barbie: Okay, Ken. (Barbie sits.) Now you take off your clothes, Ken.
(Ken takes off his clothes.)
Ken: Okay, Barbie, I'm naked now.
Barbie: Me too Ken. Let's kiss.
Ken: Okay.
Barbie and Ken: Mmm-mmm. Mmmmm-mmmm.
Barbie: Hey, Midge is here. Hi Midge! Take off your clothes.
Ken: Hi Midge! Take off you clothes.
Midge: Okay. (Midge takes off her clothes.)
Barbie: Let's all kiss.
Mmmm-mmmmm. Mmmm-mmmmmm. Mmmmmm-mmmmmm.
Barbie: That was fun. Let's get in my Barbie corvette and go for a naked drive.
Ken and Midge: Sounds great!

You get the idea. Ah, how many young girls worked through their preadolescent feelings through hot body nipple-less Barbie and Midge, hot smooth-down-there Ken. But I didn't stop at 12. At 26 I choreographed a dance for a small modern dance company with the dancers as Barbie and Ken. They toured India with this piece and even in the most remote places people knew "the famous American dolls Barbie and Ken."

Actually, the guy who invented Barbie based her face and body on a German hooker and named her after his wife. He was an engineer who had also designed the Nike missile. Somehow I don't think this last detail and Barbies' boobies are a coincidence.
Rgirl

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Rgirl- Pre-adolescence at it's finest !:laugh: :laugh:

I use to worry about my girls. Their Barbies always ended up headless.

I've read a different story about Barbie's inventor. It said the inventor was a homemaker. She named the dolls after her children, Barbie and Ken. Somehow, Barbie and Ken don't seem quite as wholesome anymore. ;)

At any rate,whoever invented it has cost me a bundle !

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I loved Barbie when I was a little girl, but I never got into Ken. I didn't care about Barbie's boyfriend; I only cared about dressing her up in pretty clothes! RG Jr. has been given many Barbies over the years, but she pretty much ignored all of them so I gave them away. She just never got into her the way I did. Of course, I grew up on the east coast and we had to do SOMETHING on rainy days, whereas RG Jr. lives in San Diego, where it's always sunny, so she can play outside!

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
What steamy dialogue, RGirl! Your Barbie house must have been the place to be!

I worried about my niece for the longest time. Her Barbies were always buck naked, bald and missing limbs. I guess that is just how things progress when your world is ruled by a four year old!

Antilles

Medalist
Is Mattel desperate for sales? This announcement confused me. This thread is fun, but who in their right mind would give this any serious attention?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Joe:

Blame it on "the modern day woman." I guess Barbie got tired of sitting at home all day waiting for Ken to come home. She wanted some adventure!

Well, I gave up my Barbie and Ken dolls some time ago so the relevance is lost on me.

:laugh: